2021 Final Roster Thread

HoosierCat

15 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I completely agree that the rapidity which with they’ve moved on from bad decisions is a good thing. That doesn’t change the fact that they made lots of very bad decisions in the 2019 draft. 70% of the draft is gone after playing two or fewer years and the 30% remaining are two guys who are serviceable and one guy who might be above average, jury is still out. It was a bad draft.

For the record, I lay it at the feet of Tobin and the FO, not Zac & Co. since they were just arriving at the time.

Eh, I don't know.   What exactly are you laying at the feet of Tobin?  Roster Churn?

IMO, the point originally being made by the tweet falls in no mans land, so what?

There is 0 job creation in the NFL and over 350 players coming in every single year. Thus players are going to get cut. 

I don't think you can judge bad decisions with out knowing the actual landscape of the late rounds of that draft.   Draft classes are not created equal and NFL draft geeks are decades behind college football recruiting geeks.   There is not a whole lot of analysis that actually tries to measure the quality/depth of a draft class after they are concluded.  

How many 4th rounders from that class have actually already moved on? How many are out of the league? How many starts? Snaps.? Starts and Snaps with playoff teams?  Top 10 units?    It seems PFF could get the work on this.

A few tidbits from Hobs this morning:

He doesn’t expect them to IR Waynes. They signed McCloud because Phillips and Apple are also nursing injuries and they don’t want them playing teams.

Theyre fishing for a third QB but haven’t had much luck. Apparently they’ve moved on from Shurmur. He says they had a guy they wanted but he didn’t make it through waivers. The only QB I see that got claimed was WV’s Will Grier, so I assume he was the target. They then tried to get Reid Sinnett but he chose to go back to Miami’s PS.

He thinks both Thomas and Irwin will return.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

A few tidbits from Hobs this morning:

He doesn’t expect them to IR Waynes. They signed McCloud because Phillips and Apple are also nursing injuries and they don’t want them playing teams.

Theyre fishing for a third QB but haven’t had much luck. Apparently they’ve moved on from Shurmur. He says they had a guy they wanted but he didn’t make it through waivers. The only QB I see that got claimed was WV’s Will Grier, so I assume he was the target. They then tried to get Reid Sinnett but he chose to go back to Miami’s PS.

He thinks both Thomas and Irwin will return.

Gracias