Bengals @ Texans Game Thread

HoosierCat

2 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

On the wr draft pick....if I had my knee shredded and was going through almost a year of hard and painful rehab work, nothing but a pass blocker would make me happy.  Not even a former LSU teammate

I don't blame you for that mindset. I am pretty certain Burrow doesn't share it though. He is not that sort. Rightly or wrongly, he doesn't even blame the state of the offensive line for his injury. He probably blames himself first. He'd be stoked to team up with Chase again.

I'm not sold that it'd be a good decision, but a happy QB is at least something positive to draw from it. I also think Chase is clearly a better prospect than John Ross ever was, so at least the bust potential ought to be less.

• Like 1

Just now, COB said:

Damn, so excited to watch the Masked Dancer.  These tv people have got shit figured out for sure.

I don't understand how the institution of television is even still surviving. These shows are all god awful, and anyone can just ignore their existence with Netflix/Hulu/Prime/Disney/YouTube/HBO/Showtime/literally anything else.

• Like 1

My personal philosophy is that with very rare exception, really bad teams just straight up shouldn't be taking wide receivers early in the first round. Calvin Johnson is a hall of famer, and I think the Lions could have made better picks there. The positional value is too low, and the fail rate is too high. I'd be an extremely boring GM -- everything is OL and DL with skill positions and back seven sprinkled in sporadically.