The Knee

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Keenan Singleton

@KJMSingleton

ยท

4m

Burrow does a better job protecting his line than they him. Says he watched the play that ended his season a few times and described it as "they got some penetration."

Yeah he totally side-stepped that question, cracked me up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know......this is not about THE knee

but its about A knee

and its really good news and answers a MAJOR question for the 2021 Bengals.......so suck it up, buttercup

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/2/26/22303895/trey-hopkins-injury-bengals-training-camp-2021

if he's projected as ready for training camp, barring setbacks (as always) he sure as hell will be ready for Game 1

OUT FREAKIN STANDING

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you all see the interview w/ Joey's parents?ย Full of really good tidbits. Confirmation that he has been throwing since late February but all the nugget that sometime in the next month he's going to start throwing to pro receivers - which would mean that he would have progressed to the point of being able to drop back and plant etc.ย 

ย 

Joe Burrow โ€œvery optimisticโ€ about playing Week 1
Posted by Charean Williams on April 20, 2021, 10:18 PM EDT

Joe Burrow underwent reconstructive knee surgery Dec. 2, leaving only nine months before the 2021 season opener. It left doubt about whether he would miss the beginning of his second season.

The Bengals quarterback has no doubt.

โ€œIโ€™m very optimistic about where Iโ€™m at and also where the team is at,โ€ Burrow told Cris Collinsworth on a 30-minute Pro Football Focus podcast. โ€œRehab is going very, very well and lifting is going very, very well. Iโ€™m in great shape. Legs feel good; knee feels good. Thereโ€™s still a long way to go, but Iโ€™m expecting to be there on the first snap of 2021.

โ€œIโ€™m expecting to play Game 1. I expect to take part in practice. Iโ€™m feeling really good. Iโ€™m ahead of schedule.โ€

Burrow said he began dropping back and throwing more than a week ago. He also is simulating play-action passes to stationary equipment managers.

โ€œI canโ€™t roll out and throw yet,โ€ Burrow said, but โ€œitโ€™s feeling good right now.โ€

Burrow, the No. 1 overall choice in 2020, threw for 2,688 yards with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions in 10 games as a rookie.

ย 

So that's all simply fantastic news.ย 

Everyone on this board needs to listen to the latest Cris Collinsworth podcast episode - his interview with Burrow.ย ย I am listening to this literally right now - was going to start a thread but will use this one. Everyone on here should listen to it - I have never heard quite as hard a defense and statement of loyalty to ZT as Burrow gave there. Caught Collinsworth by surprise. Not sure "ZT is on the hot seat" is a legit thing. His bond with Burrow seems pretty legit.

Also, he is REALLY far along in the rehab process. He confirmed he's now making throws dropping back and simulating play action etc.ย  Said only thing he isn't doing yet is throwing off of roll outs. Collinsworth was caught off guard on this point as well.ย 

It's a great listen.ย 

Yeah I listened last night. Mike Daniels was also on Jim Rome recently and voiced the same sentiments. He credited his enthusiasm in resigning with the Bengals to two primary factors:

1) โ€œWe gotย Joey Burrowย at quarterback? I get to be a part of the defense of a young great.โ€

2) โ€œTHE COACHING man. Zac Taylor is amazing, man.ย Thereโ€™s a reason these free agents are signing. I would run through a brick wall for him.โ€

Quotes are loose to my memory. Daniels was also glad to get the same coordinator in consecutive years, something he hasnโ€™t had much lately. Whatever we think of Taylor and the staff as fans, it is beyond clear that the core players do not agree. Their enthusiasm is infectious and hopeful. I hope the staff proves them right.

• Like 1