2021 NFL Draft

I think the point you're trying to make is that there will be some high quality OLs at 37

To that I agree.  There are several on the list (and some not listed, since a OG would be good at 37 too) that will do.

While that doesnt get me off the preference to trade down, it also doesnt get me to rubberstamp a WR pick at 5.

If not an OL, I'd next being looking for a DL....preferrably a passrusher, and preferrably a DE to bookend with Lawson

However, that guy doesnt seem to be there....not a fan of Rosseau

Maybe Paye. 

Maybe.

But thats probably best handled with a trade down as well

oh, and again, Vera-Tucker played at OLT in 2020.  I acknowledge he was a OG for his prior three years.  My point was and is that some sites list him as a OG and others as a OT, making it harder to compare him to other OL prospects.  and I didnt mean just him.....he's just an example of this

If the Bengals do go WR at 5 and it comes down to a choice between Chase and Smith (tho I do think Waddle should at least be in some consideration), I really hope they dont go Smith.  First, I am not enamored of him just over the one game.  Second, he looks like he is made of matchsticks.....I'd bet his actual weight is well lower than his listed weight....which makes me worry greatly over his durability in the NFL. 

There's honestly no one prospect (excluding QBs.  I havent even looked at QBs.) rated in the top 10 who I am enamored with.....they all have one or more serious warts that scare me

and all this keeps dragging me back to T R A D E   D O W N

Its funny how some sites are saying it'd be optimal for 3 qbs to go in picks 1 through 4 to best ensure either Chase or Sewell (or both) will be there at 5 for the Bengals

while at the same time other sites are saying it'd be optimal for fewer QBs to go early so that when the Bengals are on the clock, QB-hungry teams will be on the phone with the Bengals to offer trades for pick 5

Its funny how both are being considered optimal despite being opposites :-)

In any case, I am 90-10 in favor of the latter right now.....I keep dreaming of SF calling with their 1 (pick 12) plus their 2 plus their 4 plus their 1 or 2 next year. 

I was not listing those to say they have to take a WR at 5. I listed it to show that a trade down would be nice to give them multiple bites at the apple in round 2 if need be.  

I do want people to stop panicking if Sewell is gone at 5, though. It is not the end of the world. Not even close. 

• Like 1

oh, ok.....that, I agree to

I think Sewell is a very good prospect, but comparisons to Munoz and other all time OL greats are at best premature for a prospect ho has only played a year and a half of college football

I would much much MUCH rather have (for example) Darrisaw and Leatherwood over just Sewell.  Two superior/great prospects over one.

We need a lot more than one guy to turn this ship around, imo

question to all the draftheads: since we have an extreme need for a passrushing DE as well, where is the sweet spot to draft such a player?

or should we give up on drafting such a guy and spend even more money to - in addition to re-signing Lawson - also sign an above average or better DE in Free Agency?

this draft class seems a bit weak on the DE/DT side

If it exists in this draft it is in second to fourth round. My issue is that there will be just as good a chance of a 4th or 5th round edge guy hitting as a second. It’s another reason why if Sewell and chase are gone I am desperate for them to trade back and get extra picks to take extra swings at edge guys in rounds three and four.

Dane Brugler's Top 100 w/ declaration day come and gone. Enjoy:

https://theathletic.com/2332366/2021/01/21/bruglers-top-100-nfl-draft-board/

The 2021 NFL Draft is officially 100 days away.

And there is a lot to do over the next 100 days, starting with next week’s Senior Bowl, which is even more important than usual with no Combine this pre-draft process.

With the underclassmen deadline come and gone, NFL teams have a better idea of this year’s draft pool. Without a specific scheme or organization in mind, it can be challenging doing general draft rankings, but based on my evaluations and input from NFL scouts, here is a look at my top 100 prospects prior to all-star games and workouts.

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB1, Clemson (6-6, 220)

Although there are areas of his game that require improvement, Lawrence is a generational talent with his combination of size, arm talent, mobility, processing skills and intangibles. His rare blend of traits makes him the easy choice at No. 1.

2. Penei Sewell, OT1, Oregon (6-6, 330)

For a blocker with his size and strength, Sewell is astonishingly efficient with his movement patterns due to his natural flexibility and footwork. Not only does he offer impressive physical traits, but his split-second reads and reflexes are also advanced for a player his age.

3. Ja’Marr Chase, WR1, LSU (6-0, 210)

Chase is extremely talented after the catch and with the ball in the air, exemplifying the “my ball” attitude to consistently win the catch point (plays like a smaller Larry Fitzgerald). He appears very natural with his route movements but needs to do a better job making every route look the same off the line of scrimmage.

4. Zach Wilson, QB2, BYU (6-2, 212)

Although scouts wish he was bigger and faced a tougher schedule, Wilson has the dynamic skill set that NFL teams covet. A naturally accurate passer, he has outstanding mobility with a whip for an arm to make off-platform throws look routine.

5. Kyle Pitts, TE1, Florida (6-6, 240)

Described as a “unicorn” by the Florida coaching staff, Pitts is what a twitchy big man looks like, using his natural reflexes, flexible movements and athletic ball skills to be a cheat code as a pass-catcher. Although he lacks the body power to convincingly sustain or drive block, he is willing and competitive to contribute as a blocker, but he should be evaluated more as a weapon than a traditional tight end.

6. Rashawn Slater, OT2, Northwestern (6-4, 308)

Slater doesn’t have ideal height or length, but he is agile, stout and power-packed and doesn’t allow rushers to go through him (Isaiah Wynn conversation all over again). He is very quick to lock up pass rushers before they can set up their moves, rarely straying from his fundamentals.

7. DeVonta Smith, WR2, Alabama (6-0, 172)

Despite a frail build and average stopwatch speed, Smith is natural in everything he does, finding space, finishing catches and not going down easy (he is tougher and more competitive than most 225-pound receivers). The Alabama coaches used him across the formation and routinely highlighted him as having the best hands on the team, accounting for only seven drops on 268 catchable targets in his career.

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR3, Alabama (5-10, 182)

With his natural speed and burst, Waddle is dangerous before and after the catch, showing the creativity, competitiveness and separation skills to stress defenses in different ways (responsible for four receptions of 75-plus yards in his career). While still a work-in-progress with several details of the position, he showed clear maturation with his route construction and ball skills in 2020.

9. Justin Fields, QB3, Ohio State (6-3, 218)

Fields is remarkably talented with his size, athleticism and upside as a passer. While his passing vision is not currently NFL-ready, he throws a clean, accurate ball and NFL coaches will love his toughness and composure.

10. Caleb Farley, CB1, Virginia Tech (6-2, 205)

Farley checks boxes with his size, speed and reaction skills while also developing his comfort level on defense, which has allowed him to anticipate the action and play ultracompetitive. With only two years of experience at corner, he needs continued work with his route recognition and fundamental muscle memory, but the majority of his flaws are due to inexperience and not inability.

11. Patrick Surtain, CB2, Alabama (6-2, 205)

With his foot athleticism, body range and ball skills, Surtain plays sticky coverage and doesn’t panic downfield, consistently staying balanced and in phase. While he is athletic and false steps are infrequent, he lacks suddenness in his movements, giving explosive receivers a chance to separate early.

12. Christian Darrisaw, OT3, Virginia Tech (6-5, 315)

Keeping his weight over his toes, Darrisaw shows efficient slide quickness in pass pro, and he is a bulldozer in the run game, unlocking his hips to create movement or seal block. While he shows the ability to manhandle defenders once he locks on, he doesn’t always play with a stout anchor or killer instinct.

13. Micah Parsons, LB1, Penn State (6-3, 244)

Parsons is an excellent ball hunter due to his vision and agility near the line of scrimmage, also displaying exceptional sideline range. He needs to improve his maturity (on and off the field), spacing and anticipation in coverage, but the athleticism and budding awareness are there.

14. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB2, Notre Dame (6-2, 220)

With his explosive athleticism, Owusu-Koramoah will be a hot commodity this spring. He has terrific key, read and flow skills, showing the range and physicality to cover the slot receiver one play and rush off the edge the next play. His “fit” will be different from team-to-team.

15. Trey Lance, QB4, North Dakota State (6-3, 225)

Lance is an unprecedented evaluation. Never before have we seen a quarterback with his talent yet meager experience vs. top competition (17 career games, all vs. FCS competition). Lance is well-built with mobility and arm talent, but the pre-draft interviews will be the key to his final draft grade.

16. Azeez Ojulari, Edge1, Georgia (6-2, 241)

Ojulari is very skilled at using his burst and bend to attack the outside shoulder of blockers, greasing the corner and detaching from blocks with his violent hands. While he lacks elite size and length for the position, that shouldn’t limit his NFL ceiling if he continues to diversify his approach and develop his counters.

17. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG1, USC (6-4, 315)

A projected second-round pick over the summer, Vera-Tucker opted back into the 2020 season and moved to left tackle, performing at a high level for the Trojans. His NFL future is likely best inside at guard, but his value has gone up by showing his versatility to play well outside as well.

18. Christian Barmore, DT1, Alabama (6-5, 310)

Barmore has been my DT1 since the summer, but it was mostly based on potential until midway through the 2020 season when he started to play like one of the best interior defensive linemen in the country. Only a redshirt sophomore, he is still learning, but the traits are going to be enticing in the mid-first round.

19. Kwity Paye, Edge2, Michigan (6-3, 271)

Equally effective rushing the passer and stopping the run, Paye competes with athletic twitch and relentless energy to work around blockers and make plays in the backfield. He needs to improve his anticipation and countering skills, but the talent suggests he is a long-term NFL starter.

20. Jaycee Horn, CB3, South Carolina (6-1, 205)

With his length and athleticism, Horn matches up well vs. size and shows more ownership for the catch point than most receivers, displaying improved route recognition the last three seasons. While his aggressive nature is a strength to his game, it also works against him at times — he is the type of corner who immediately finds the official after each play to make sure no flags were thrown (five penalties in seven games in 2020).

21. Jayson Oweh, Edge3, Penn State (6-5, 255)

For those who value production above all else, Oweh won’t be a particularly attractive prospect (5.0 sacks in 20 games the past two seasons), but he is a unique athlete for his size and the tape showed a frequent visitor to the backfield even if the box score doesn’t reflect that.

22. Nick Bolton, LB3, Missouri (6-0, 235)

A hammer in search of a nail, Bolton is a forceful downhill defender with outstanding play speed and striking skills to put ball carriers on the ground before they can reach the line of scrimmage. His lack of size and length will show up, especially in coverage, but his fiery play personality is something that will endear him to NFL coaches.

23. Zaven Collins, LB4, Tulsa (6-3, 259)

With the size of a defensive end and the athleticism of a safety, Collins offers every-down ability, ideally suited for a 3-4 scheme. He needs to be better with his take-on skills and run fits, but he flashes like a Dont’a Hightower starter kit.

24. Gregory Rousseau, Edge4, Miami (Fla.) (6-7, 265)

Rousseau is a super long athlete who keeps his momentum going downhill with violent hands and easy acceleration, helping him to quickly disengage from blocks. He is an intelligent player and can talk the talk when it comes to breaking down pass-rush execution, but he is overly reliant on speed/length and needs to improve his anchor, technique and diagnose skills.

25. Kadarius Toney, WR4, Florida (5-11, 195)

A loose, elastic athlete, Toney routinely makes the first man miss with special start/stop twitch that frustrates would-be tacklers and creates explosive plays. While he is an improved route-runner, he remains a work-in-progress with his steps and tempo, and his freelancing will backfire at times.

26. Jalen Mayfield, OG2, Michigan (6-5, 320)

A college right tackle, Mayfield doesn’t have elite length, which will move him inside to guard on many draft boards. Regardless if he plays tackle or guard, he is a balanced mover with the power to collapse the line, creating holes for the run game.

27. Teven Jenkins, OT4, Oklahoma State (6-7, 320)

Jenkins ties up rushers early with outstanding body control and works hard to stay attached, finishing with the kill shot and sending defenders into tomorrow once he gets the upper hand. He tends to lean into blocks and defaults to his power over technique, which creates occasional balance problems.

28. Najee Harris, RB1, Alabama (6-2, 232)

Harris has the quick, graceful feet of a much smaller back to elude pursuit, showing improved decision-making and on-field maturity as a senior in Tuscaloosa. Although he doesn’t have his home run juice, he compares favorably to Matt Forte with his athletic cuts, natural instincts, reliability as a pass-catcher and toughness to wear down defenses.

29. Jaelan Phillips, Edge5, Miami (Fla.) (6-5, 265)

Although not super explosive, Phillips is very smooth in his upfield attack and redirect, using his hands/reach as weapons and rushing with his curls on fire. His eyes stay locked on the ball and allows him to see through blockers, making him equally productive vs. the run and the pass. While a first-round talent, there is some baggage (medical and off-field) that will ultimately determine where he is drafted.

30. Joseph Ossai, Edge6, Texas (6-3, 255)

Ossai is the most impressive pursuit player I have studied in this draft cycle, making plays he had no business making due to his nonstop effort. He lacks much variety as a pass rusher, but his violent hands and contact balance allow him to convert speed to power off the edge.

31. Tyson Campbell, CB4, Georgia (6-2, 185)

Campbell is straight out of central casting with his length and athletic profile, boasting uncommon high-end traits. He doesn’t play loose and needs to improve his route anticipation, but all the talent is there for him to grow into an NFL starter.

32. Carlos Basham, Edge7, Wake Forest (6-4, 274)

While he can be slowed, Basham is rarely controlled due to his active play style, power and hustle, which directly leads to production. His hands have some pop, but his stiff hips show when trying to bend the corner, and he must develop his pass rush sequence.

33. Trevon Moehrig, DS1, TCU (6-1, 209)

Although he might not have the elite top-end speed that NFL teams covet at the position, Moehrig is very smooth in his transition to turn, run and stay on top of routes. He does a terrific job finding the football and making plays.

34. Asante Samuel, CB5, Florida State (5-10, 185)

Samuel plays with outstanding reaction quickness and ball awareness to turn and locate or drive on throws in front of him. His lack of size shows up in coverage and vs. the run, but he is a heady player who trusts his skills, very similar to his Pro Bowl father.

35. Travis Etienne, RB2, Clemson (5-10, 212)

A speed slasher, Etienne uses his deceiving run strength and deadly start-stop suddenness to forced missed tackles, bursting past defenders or powering through them. He has matured as a pass-catcher to be more than simply a screen target, but he must improve in pass protection to stay on the field in any situation.

36. Chazz Surratt, LB5, North Carolina (6-2, 227)

A former high school quarterback, Surratt is an NFL-caliber athlete with projectable size and intriguing upside. He flashes the closing burst to be an impact blitzer and the football IQ to drop in space, read routes and undercut passing lanes, projecting as a potential three-down NFL player.

37. Landon Dickerson, OG3, Alabama (6-5, 328)

Dickerson moves with balanced footwork to handle gap penetrators and remove linebackers at the second level. Although he doesn’t always play disciplined, his mauling attitude and finishing skills frustrate opponents. A healthy Dickerson goes in the first round, but he is a tough projection due to the durability questions, including his torn ACL in December.

38. Alex Leatherwood, OT5, Alabama (6-5, 313)

Although he isn’t an explosive mover, Leatherwood is patient and strong in pass protection, relying on his hands to cover up edge speed. He plays like a robot because he is so consistent with his posture and technique, but also because of some stiffness in his lower body, which is why some NFL teams grade him best at guard.

39. Daviyon Nixon, DT2, Iowa (6-2, 306)

A JUCO transfer, Nixon redshirted in 2018 and had one start in 2019, making him an unproven commodity entering the season. But he put himself on the NFL radar with 13.0 tackles for loss in seven games this season, showing off his impressive gap quickness and body control.

40. Mac Jones, QB5, Alabama (6-2, 215)

One of the more difficult evaluations in this class, Jones was surrounded by elite talent at Alabama, which isn’t a reason to dismiss him as a prospect, but it does make scouting him more challenging. Despite his supporting cast, Jones deserves credit for making the reads/throws and staying poised to achieve the success Alabama reached this season.

41. Wyatt Davis, OG4, Ohio State (6-4, 315)

Although he is guilty of playing too narrow at times, Davis is quick to get the upper hand with his strength and awareness. Voted a team captain in 2020, the California native has terrific stopping power and ties up defenders with his hands.

42. Samuel Cosmi, OT6, Texas (6-7, 310)

Cosmi is quick out of his stance and does a great job marrying his hands with his eyes to keep rushers in front of him. However, he lacks ideal anchor strength and arm length, forcing him to be consistently on time with his body posture and leverage.

43. Levi Onwuzurike, DT3, Washington (6-3, 290)

Onwuzurike fires off the snap and consistently makes plays away from his gap due to his effort and athleticism. While calling him active doesn’t do him justice, he tends to rush tall and scattered, allowing him to be redirected by blockers.

44. Terrace Marshall, WR5, LSU (6-3, 203)

Marshall has the build-up acceleration to eat cushion without breaking stride, and he looks like a basketball big man at the catch point, using body position and catch radius to reel in off-target throws. Similar in ways to Courtland Sutton as a prospect, he tends to rely on his size/speed and needs to hone his urgency and route mechanics for the next level.

45. Rashod Bateman, WR6, Minnesota (6-2, 210)

Bateman is a natural hands-catcher with length and excellent route savvy, relying on tempo and pacing to create separation. While he is deliberate with his footwork, he lacks explosive burst off the line or out of his breaks, and his acceleration falls below NFL standards at the position.

46. Liam Eichenberg, OT7, Notre Dame (6-5, 301)

Eichenberg is a fundamentally-minded blocker and stays centered in his pass sets, allowing his fierce punch and play demeanor to battle defenders. While he plays under control, his mistakes are usually costly, opening rush lanes and lacking the quickness to easily recover.

47. Pat Freiermuth, TE2, Penn State (6-5, 260)

While not sudden, Freiermuth is an athletic mover with strong hands and a fearless demeanor, dealing with inaccurate passers who often made him work for his catches. As a blocker, he delivers strong pop at contact but doesn’t consistently drive or generate movement, giving defenders a chance to shed and get by him.

48. Rondale Moore, WR7, Purdue (5-9, 180)

Moore had one of the best freshman receiving seasons in college football history, but injuries and other circumstances limited him to only seven games the last two years. While he is shorter than ideal, Moore is stout and plays with outstanding twitch to turn small plays into big plays.

49. Elijah Molden, CB6, Washington (5-10, 188)

With his reactive athleticism, Molden quickly processes pass/run and stays coordinated in zone and man coverage to make plays on the ball. While scrappy and smart as a nickel corner, you wish he were longer and faster to provide the versatility to play outside.

50. Deonte Brown, OG5, Alabama (6-3, 350)

A massive blocker, Brown is uniquely powerful with freaky feats in the weight room that also translate to the football field. He doesn’t have great recovery quickness, but he anchors at shallow depth and shows the upper body explosion to displace defenders.

51. Jordan Smith, Edge8, UAB (6-6, 256)
52. Jevon Holland, DS2, Oregon (6-1, 200)
53. Joe Tryon, Edge9, Washington (6-4, 263)
54. Josh Myers, OC1, Ohio State (6-5, 315)
55. Rashad Weaver, Edge10, Pittsburgh (6-4, 265)
56. Elijah Moore, WR8, Ole Miss (5-9, 185)
57. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB7, Syracuse (6-3, 215)
58. Dyami Brown, WR9, North Carolina (6-1, 195)
59. Baron Browning, LB6, Ohio State (6-2, 237)
60. Dylan Moses, LB7, Alabama (6-3, 235)

61. Amari Rodgers, WR10, Clemson (5-9, 202)
62. Tutu Atwell, WR11, Louisville (5-9, 175)
63. Eric Stokes, CB8, Georgia (6-1, 185)
64. Trey Smith, OG6, Tennessee (6-5, 333)
65. Greg Newsome II, CB9, Northwestern (6-0, 188)
66. Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR12, USC (6-1, 195)
67. Jackson Carman, OG7, Clemson (6-5, 345)
68. Javonte Williams, RB3, North Carolina (5-10, 220)
69. Jay Tufele, DT4, USC (6-3, 315)
70. Tommy Togiai, DT5, Ohio State (6-2, 300)

71. Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge11, Vanderbilt (6-5, 279)
72. Marlon Tuipulotu, DT6, USC (6-2, 304)
73. Hamsah Nasirildeen, DS3, Florida State (6-3, 212)
74. Creed Humphrey, OC2, Oklahoma (6-5, 330)
75. Tylan Wallace, WR13, Oklahoma State (5-11, 187)
76. D’Wayne Eskridge, WR14, Western Michigan (5-9, 184)
77. James Hudson, OT8, Cincinnati (6-5, 308)
78. Kenneth Gainwell, RB4, Memphis (5-11, 195)
79. Hunter Long, TE3, Boston College (6-5, 254)
80. Jabril Cox, LB8, LSU (6-2, 228)

81. Jack Anderson, OG8, Texas Tech (6-5, 320)
82. Brevin Jordan, TE4, Miami (Fla.) (6-3, 244)
83. Ambry Thomas, CB10, Michigan (6-0, 185)
84. Walker Little, OT9, Stanford (6-7, 320)
85. Kyle Trask, QB6, Florida (6-4, 236)
86. Pete Werner, LB9, Ohio State (6-1, 235)
87. Andre Cisco, DS4, Syracuse (6-0, 205)
88. Spencer Brown, OT10, Northern Iowa (6-6, 310)
89. Richie Grant, DS5, UCF (6-0, 192)
90. Seth Williams, WR15, Auburn (6-3, 225)

91. Payton Turner, Edge12, Houston (6-5, 282)
92. Talanoa Hufanga, DS6, USC (6-1, 215)
93. Tyler Shelvin, DT7, LSU (6-3, 345)
94. Aaron Robinson, CB11, UCF (5-11, 189)
95. Anthony Schwarz, WR16, Auburn (6-0, 180)
96. Jamien Sherwood, DS7, Auburn (6-2, 222)
97. Alim McNeill, DT8, NC State (6-2, 318)
98. Ben Cleveland, OG9, Georgia (6-6, 344)
99. Patrick Jones II, Edge13, Pittsburgh (6-4, 256)
100. Michael Carter, RB5, North Carolina (5-9, 195)

Waddle is kinda the forgotten man after Chase and Smith.

His lack of size and injury history are his warts as I see it, but he brings not only the speed we need to stretch the field but he also returns punts which is another need.  Im not saying we take him at 5, not at all, but I think he deserves to be mentioned in the otherwise 2-player WR conversation

It isnt just pure speed either......watch the highlights below, you'll see quicks as well

Loved him pre-injury. Just adds worries because ankle injuries blow and he didn't instill confidence when he pushed to get back for the title game. Admirable to want to help his teammates but, scary to see him without his speed...

yeah....as many have said to the point that I should probably be smacked repeatedly for saying so.....the best ability is availability

despite that, I still think he needs to be included in the WR-at-5 conversation

also - Joisey, I know you're reading this - what sorta of bengalszone benefits do I get when I reach the 10k posts mark?

I am thinking a company car, an expense account, maybe free lifetime food at Rubys, stuff like that

not to mention the BZ-emblazoned red velvet smoking jacket the club members wear in the luxurious Bengalszone.com club box on game day

• Haha 1

im not sure this changes anything for us

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/detroit-lions-to-trade-matthew-stafford-this-offseason

since it means that some team that would have drafted a qb will now have Stafford and the Lions (at 7) will want -- no, will NEED -- to draft a qb in r1

so + 1 - 1 = 0, more or less

but the lions pick is in the top 10 so they can probably trade into the top 4 with greater ease than most other teams, so I guess this does mean there is a greater chance a qb will be drafted ahead of us than before

49ers are another popular option to trade up, especially since the Jets hired Saleh, which triggered bonus third round comp picks in 21 and 22 for SF under the league’s new minority hiring incentives. That may make more willing to part with future picks.

But in any event like I said before, the only lock surer than Lawrence going no. 1 is the Fins trading out of 3. Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are all going ahead of the 5th pick. I would say the Bengals can’t possibly fuk this up no matter who they take, except of course they’re the Bengals. If there’s a way to screw it up, they’ll find it. So I hope it’s truly idiot proof.

Kiper's first mock:

1. Jags: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. Jets: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

3. Fins: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

4. Falcons: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

5. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/30776564/nfl-mock-draft-2021-mel-kiper-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-including-justin-fields-zach-wilson-devonta-smith

(need espn plus to view)

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Kiper's first mock:

1. Jags: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

2. Jets: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

3. Fins: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

4. Falcons: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

5. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/30776564/nfl-mock-draft-2021-mel-kiper-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-including-justin-fields-zach-wilson-devonta-smith

(need espn plus to view)

Love this.  Must get Sewell.

33 minutes ago, COB said:

Love this.  Must get Sewell.

I’d be thrilled but man, those second and third picks are really hard to see. No WR has gone that high since 2007 and that was Megatron. And 2 receivers haven’t gone in the top 5 since Charles Rogers and Andre Johnson in 2003.