Fourth Round Pick: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App. State

Stripes

Sua Fila is sadly not an upgrade, more or less same as Miller, same rating 

Again, gotta protect the huge investment that was just made, or it is squandered.

I have no confidence that this OLine will rise above the level of slightly below average on their very best day

Bad news for the whole team, really, but especially bad for New Guy

2 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Sua Fila is sadly not an upgrade, more or less same as Miller, same rating 

Again, gotta protect the huge investment that was just made, or it is squandered.

I have no confidence that this OLine will rise above the level of slightly below average on their very best day

Bad news for the whole team, really, but especially bad for New Guy

I don't know that I disagree with you on Sua-Fila - but the team clearly thinks he's an upgrade for their system. We shall see.

As for the New Guy, the New Guy is Burrow and Burrow is a guy who was pressured... on 29% of dropbacks last year. Dalton was pressured on 29% of dropbacks last year. The idea that he's going to get killed this year is getting blown out of proportion. The line had some really bad games to start the season, but it was better as the year wore on and that is with a sieve at LT as opposed to Jonah Williams who better be an improvement.

The Bengals O line is not good, but Burrow knows how to deal with pressure. Russell Wilson has thrived behind a terrible line for years, and Burrow has a similar feel in the pocket.

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

I don't know that I disagree with you on Sua-Fila - but the team clearly thinks he's an upgrade for their system. We shall see.

As for the New Guy, the New Guy is Burrow and Burrow is a guy who was pressured... on 29% of dropbacks last year. Dalton was pressured on 29% of dropbacks last year. The idea that he's going to get killed this year is getting blown out of proportion. The line had some really bad games to start the season, but it was better as the year wore on and that is with a sieve at LT as opposed to Jonah Williams who better be an improvement.

The Bengals O line is not good, but Burrow knows how to deal with pressure. Russell Wilson has thrived behind a terrible line for years, and Burrow has a similar feel in the pocket.

I think the oline will be improved it definitely improved as the season went on. Are there really any stud oline players that will come in and start this late in the draft not sure there is. 

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

There are not. 

I agree. I just hope Zac learned a lesson last season. Names a starting oline and sticks with it. Him playing musical chairs in the preseason with the line. Was a huge mistake and a factor in the poor play at the beginning. That and I have no clue how in the world.  Zac thought Andre Smith was able to play LT. that and him playing a different starting line every PS game.  was the start to me not caring for him as an HC. 

• Like 1

Cincy jungle just tweeted out that Davis-Gaither’s knee is bone on bone, and he played on it last season.  WTF, are they going to micro fracture this dude’s knee before he even plays?  I know of no other solution to a knee that is bone on bone.  

16 minutes ago, COB said:

Cincy jungle just tweeted out that Davis-Gaither’s knee is bone on bone, and he played on it last season.  WTF, are they going to micro fracture this dude’s knee before he even plays?  I know of no other solution to a knee that is bone on bone.  

They are repeating a tweet that came from two Dallas radio guys. Either the dallas radio guys have a scoop that NO ONE ELSE DID or the cowboys were trying to get ADG to fall to them. I know what I am betting on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

didnt they have his guy at the senior bowl?

They did indeed. I am guessing that was massive smoke in an effort to get teams to pass on him until Dallas could take him...

38 minutes ago, membengal said:

They are repeating a tweet that came from two Dallas radio guys. Either the dallas radio guys have a scoop that NO ONE ELSE DID or the cowboys were trying to get ADG to fall to them. I know what I am betting on.

Ah, leftover smokescreen from some Spy vs Spy shenanigans.  Kind of sucks for a young guy like this trying to get a start in the NFL to be the subject of such damning misinformation.

I still like this pick very much. My personal take on players available is based on my knowledge of football, catching games, and watching YouTube clips. Here’s to hoping our scouts and coaches are at least a little more advanced than that.

Translated, me wanting Sternberg means next to nothing.