Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HoosierCat

2020 Offseason Roster Moves

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, membengal said:

 

Lol.  Army, you better figure out how to give your son a good pep talk.  Texans inexplicably throwing guys out the door.  
 

Thag stat about us spending 49 mill over 5 years on new FA guys, then 127 mill this year on new FA guys, we’ll that mind boggling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, membengal said:

Lol - they just signed Vonn Bell. What in the world will some of you complain about now?

I got a pretty bad splinter two days ago.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, COB said:

Lol.  Army, you better figure out how to give your son a good pep talk.  Texans inexplicably throwing guys out the door.  

Dude you have no idea what it’s been like in my house with that little turd. He loved DJ Reader and while he’s happy we got him, he didn’t want the Texans to lose him. However the trade of Hopkins for a RB and a half eaten Snickers sent him into a teenage hysteria, the likes I’ve never seen before.

I do feel for him though, as that was one of the worst trades in NFL history...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. My 16 year old is a Pats fan.  For years it’s been “Brady’s so great, blah blah blah, ha ha Andy Dalton chokes.”

Now I’m loving this possible Andy to the Pats talk.  I frequently ask him if the Pats signed Dalton yet.  No?  Well they’re gonna!  Loving it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Now Zac’s task is to NOT be like the Browns where you win the offseason and not have it translate on the field.

That’s always the overlooked part during FA.

Many offseason champs don’t make playoffs in that season.

In honor of corona virus: Bengals have flattened the rebuild curve.

For me it goes back to our TC discussion of not having 53 NFL players on the roster.  I think we saw that played out.

Now this offseason they’ve added 5/6 bona fide NFL talent worthy starters/contributors. 
 

2nd phase will be getting something out of the guys you previously drafted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 should be interesting, if it still happens.

The reason I say that is I won't be going into it with Super Bowl expectations.
As a matter of fact, I have no clue what to expect, won't be irritated if they still struggle and will be very happy if they have a winning season.

A shiny new rookie QB, new players all over the place and a 2nd year coach responsible for making it all gel and produce on field results.
Sounds a lot like a season chock full of uncertainty.

However, here's my thing.  For the past few seasons, I have said numerous times how boring this team is and how I hardly watched a game last season.
Heading into the 2020 season, this organization has been anything but boring and I am intrigued to see it play out regardless of outcome.

FUCK YEAH to the offseason.
FUCK YEAH to Joe Burrow
FUCK YEAH to the Bengals

Now, don't fuck it up because I will go back to cutting grass in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Yup. The nickel is basically their base anyhow. Big challenge has always been finding that hybrid lb/s to play the “star” role.

I think that might be Bell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I think that might be Bell

 

Could be. OTOH there’s been some suggestion of moving Bell full time to LB since he’s strong vs the run but seen as a liability in coverage. Just have to see how it plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Could be. OTOH there’s been some suggestion of moving Bell full time to LB since he’s strong vs the run but seen as a liability in coverage. Just have to see how it plays out.

he has average coverage skills for a safety, but for a LB his skills would be a big upgrade to our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ, just did a draft on fan speak, traded back a few times, and, well, this one is for you:

1: R1P1  QB JOE BURROW  LSU

33: R2P1  C CESAR RUIZ  MICHIGAN

89: R3P25  OT BEN BARTCH SAINT JOHN'S

105: R3P41  LB TROY DYE OREGON

107: R4P1  G NETANE MUTI  FRESNO STATE

124: R4P18  LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER  APPALACHIAN STATE

147: R5P1  CB TROY PRIDE JR.  NOTRE DAME

148: R5P2  RB ANTONIO GIBSON  MEMPHIS

152: R5P6  EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH   CHARLOTTE

180: R6P1  WR JOE REED  VIRGINIA

215: R7P1  TE STEPHEN SULLIVAN  LSU

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the basis for this rumor is, but...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengals: “We have radically changed for the 2020 season, revamped our roster through free agency, and will have a tremendous new quarterback.”

NFL: “LOL, we’re cancelling this motherfucker.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were rumors about Dunlap at the trade deadline as well, but nothing of any merit was discussed. I’d be surprised to hear there is any merit to it this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:19 PM, COB said:

The Rookie Pool never resorts to cleaning gutters, dude just shows up year after year and performs, does his job, (wrecks our hopes and dreams for some new players).

BREAKING NEWS:

CINCINNATI, OHIO-  No one has been able to make light of the Cincinnati Bengals offseason to this point.  Improving the roster, shelling out money, and signing young impact players.
"It's been one huge mystery to this point and everyone involved in the world of football is wondering if this might indicate the passing of Mike Brown" an unnamed source queried.
Then the truth revolving around this unprecedented event in Cincinnati, finally came to light and revealed it's ugly self.

Rookie Pool has tested positive for CoronaVirus.

In a recently released video, Rookie Pool stated: 
"I had developed symptoms and started self-isolation almost immediately," he said.  "I fully intend on crushing Bengals fans dreams upon my return from this virus.", #RookiePoolOwnsYou

For many decades, despite the cap space the Cincinnati Bengals accrued, Rookie Pool would appear from the shadows and deplete not only the team funds, but Bengals fans dreams along with it.
Now with the current situation surrounding the medical misfortunes of Rookie Pool identified, the Bengals offseason now makes perfect sense.
However, Bengals fans are now concerned with what will happen in 2021, with a fully healthy Rookie Pool seeking his revenge for the missed offseason ??
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

BREAKING NEWS:

CINCINNATI, OHIO-  No one has been able to make light of the Cincinnati Bengals offseason to this point.  Improving the roster, shelling out money, and signing young impact players.
"It's been one huge mystery to this point and everyone involved in the world of football is wondering if this might indicate the passing of Mike Brown" an unnamed source queried.
Then the truth revolving around this unprecedented event in Cincinnati, finally came to light and revealed it's ugly self.

Rookie Pool has tested positive for CoronaVirus.

In a recently released video, Rookie Pool stated: 
"I had developed symptoms and started self-isolation almost immediately," he said.  "I fully intend on crushing Bengals fans dreams upon my return from this virus.", #RookiePoolOwnsYou

For many decades, despite the cap space the Cincinnati Bengals accrued, Rookie Pool would appear from the shadows and deplete not only the team funds, but Bengals fans dreams along with it.
Now with the current situation surrounding the medical misfortunes of Rookie Pool identified, the Bengals offseason now makes perfect sense.
However, Bengals fans are now concerned with what will happen in 2021, with a fully healthy Rookie Pool seeking his revenge for the missed offseason ??
 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nailed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COB:  how long has it been since you have had Army's login password for this site? :-)

Mem: thats much better :-)    Im not sure we need a CB with all the FA CBs acquired, and I dont think we need a RB either, but all in all pretty good

All:  Anyone think we ought to draft a punter in r6 or r7 given our punter's age?   I mean, I will always love Huber, but he's in like his 12th season or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TJJackson said:

COB:  how long has it been since you have had Army's login password for this site? :-)

Mem: thats much better :-)    Im not sure we need a CB with all the FA CBs acquired, and I dont think we need a RB either, but all in all pretty good

All:  Anyone think we ought to draft a punter in r6 or r7 given our punter's age?   I mean, I will always love Huber, but he's in like his 12th season or so

Gibson is really a receiver. Only two CBs are signed last next season, and that value was too good to pass up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I’m down for drafting a PK. 
 

I think TE at 33 could be interesting if they slide.  

I will lose my shit if they draft another second round TE. just, no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I’ll take the dude from ND at 33 fo sure. 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×