Offensive Line

AMPHAR

I am now convinced Cordy Glenn is refusing to play.  He has asked to be cut.  That says it all, in my opinion he desperately wants out, wants to go play elsewhere.  

If he were suffering physically, being cut is the last thing he’d want.  He’d be without healthcare, no job, and he couldn’t pass a physical to sign elsewhere.  He’s just trying to force his way out of town.  

Lap wasn’t shy about putting blame on Cordy.    He had similar things to say as the reporter yesterday on radio.

He added in detail that Glenn wanted to see this doctor in Pittsburgh.  He eventually did and this doctor cleared him.  Then he was cleared to fully practice.

They were hitting the sled and Glenn was doing so in lazy fashion and got his ass chewed by Turner. (Not sure if this is the arguement).  Then didn’t show up on Thursday. 

I don’t know about you guys but we can’t have a line coach chewing out guys that won’t abuse a sled.  I’m taking my concern to twitter. #bullylinecoach #sledtoo

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Lap wasn’t shy about putting blame on Cordy.    He had similar things to say as the reporter yesterday on radio.

He added in detail that Glenn wanted to see this doctor in Pittsburgh.  He eventually did and this doctor cleared him.  Then he was cleared to fully practice.

They were hitting the sled and Glenn was doing so in lazy fashion and got his ass chewed by Turner. (Not sure if this is the arguement).  Then didn’t show up on Thursday. 

I don’t know about you guys but we can’t have a line coach chewing out guys that won’t abuse a sled.  I’m taking my concern to twitter. #bullylinecoach #sledtoo

Well again he's the 3rd player/vet now, who's had some sort of odd "I quit" related issue here, not just him, tells me therre's a bit more to it.    He told the coach to cut him, I don't think we'll get his best effort from here on out.  Can't say I'm impressed with how Turnerr is handling his players.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Well again he's the 3rd player/vet now, who's had some sort of odd "I quit" related issue here, not just him, tells me therre's a bit more to it.    He told the coach to cut him, I don't think we'll get his best effort from here on out.  Can't say I'm impressed with how Turnerr is handling his players.

I dunno.  Speculation is crap.  If there’s something common among these 4 players as a reason they retired then do what Zac Taylor suggested and ask the players. What’s stopping any reporter from doing so and if Turner is acting like an ass why wouldn’t they say something? 

Its kinda bullshit really because the Bengals cannot air personal business to defend their coach over baseless speculation at this point. 

Another thing that is bullshit is the Brown family is a lot of things but they’ve always seemed to back their players with bad circumstances.

You’ve got two media members hinting at Glenn being part of the problem.

So is there really anything to it or is it this team sucks and fans are frustrated and just want to grind an axe at anything? 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, AMPHAR said:

I dunno.  Speculation is crap.  If there’s something common among these 4 players as a reason they retired then do what Zac Taylor suggested and ask the players. What’s stopping any reporter from doing so and if Turner is acting like an ass why wouldn’t they say something? 

Its kinda bullshit really because the Bengals cannot air personal business to defend their coach over baseless speculation at this point. 

Another thing that is bullshit is the Brown family is a lot of things but they’ve always seemed to back their players with bad circumstances.

You’ve got two media members hinting at Glenn being part of the problem.

So is there really anything to it or is it this team sucks and fans are frustrated and just want to grind an axe at anything? 

The local sports media aren't going to provide anything interesting or investigative of course.

All of these players were fine last year, a coaching change happens, and all I know is that at least 3 of them wanted out, and one came back, no circumstances ever revealed.

And we know Turner has a history of issues with players, and was basically out of the league/work before Taylor hired him.

I'm simply trying to draw logical conclusions based on the evidence I see, and recent history, and nothing in Glenn's background suggests he's unprofessional, lazy, or a problem personality - in other words someone you can't otherwise keep "on board" with things generally speaking.

I DO believe he has a problem with the Bengals' ownership and coaches, much like Carson Palmer did, and much like McCarron did with the way they handled his injury - not exactly "player friendly" scenarios there.

In fact you can look at the entire history of Mike Brown's reign and find nothing but player and coaching issues with ownership, going back almost 30 years now.  I tend to default towards that being the issue than a random veteran player getting "uppity" because he's "lazy."

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his behavior in this case,  but I AM saying that I "understand" it and believe it stems from larger issues with the franchise, culture, and most importantly, an ownership that's stingy, cheap, and doesn't want to win as bad as the players/coaches do.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The local sports media aren't going to provide anything interesting or investigative of course.

All of these players were fine last year, a coaching change happens, and all I know is that at least 3 of them wanted out, and one came back, no circumstances ever revealed.

And we know Turner has a history of issues with players, and was basically out of the league/work before Taylor hired him.

I'm simply trying to draw logical conclusions based on the evidence I see, and recent history, and nothing in Glenn's background suggests he's unprofessional, lazy, or a problem personality - in other words someone you can't otherwise keep "on board" with things generally speaking.

I DO believe he has a problem with the Bengals' ownership and coaches, much like Carson Palmer did, and much like McCarron did with the way they handled his injury - not exactly "player friendly" scenarios there.

In fact you can look at the entire history of Mike Brown's reign and find nothing but player and coaching issues with ownership, going back almost 30 years now.  I tend to default towards that being the issue than a random veteran player getting "uppity" because he's "lazy."

Disagree.  They kept a guy on the practice squad when he clearly didn’t deserve it because his daughter had cancer.

They’ve paid out numerous bonus when they didn’t have too. 

They’ve kept a number of guys with legal issues beyond reasonable expectations. 

Glenn is pointing to his health.  The Brown family has always had their players backs under those circumstances.  

When a player tries to game the system is when Mike Brown digs in. 

Hopkins has been a great center, just happy they found someone to man that spot.

Speaking of Lap he was saying that Cordy Glenn has not wanted to play football for this team, and he has been a head case since his days in Buffalo. He has been out all this time who knows could have maybe even played.

He said he has been such a head case that this soup opera has taken more out on Zac then anything else. 

Man get rid of this guy fast please!

Hopkins sucked his first year starting on 2016 and was hurt.

Sometimes it takes time.    Pending the draft pundit Price was either the top center or the 3rd center in a closely 1st round graded group of 3.  

Once again they drew the joker and it’s a sharp warning, IMO, for people criticizing them not trading AJ Green for the promise of a first.

Glenn wants a NFL paycheck without the grind of a NFL job.

Same with Jonathan Martin down in Miami except he didn’t want to repay his signing bonus.  So he came up with bullying and that then led to the trashing of our current line coach.

The first reporting of Glenn situation was completely  irresponsible linking Boling, Glenn, Westerman, and Perkins to Turner. 

2nd I’m no fan of the Brown family but for the most part they back their players through off the field and health problems. 

People jumping on them over this story and taking it for truth just because of the win/loss record shows just how dangerous irresponsible media can be. 

All I know is that if Glenn really is disgruntled, he’s really bad at it. I mean, I haven’t seen any press leaks by his camp about cheap owners or coaches dissing him behind his back, much less anything involving the relative merits of practicing one’s skills with aerobatic ground meats versus playing in Cincy. Shoot, he hasn’t even complained about having to fork over a buck for a bottle of Gatorade from the vending machine in the locker room. I swear, the quality of disgruntled players has really slacked off the last few years. The kids coming out today just don’t care enough to be real cancers. They. Don’t. Even. Try.

Mike Brown deserves better.