4th Round Pick (A): Ryan Finley, QB, NC St.

ArmyBengal

• ArmyBengal changed the title to 4th Round Pick (A):
  • ArmyBengal unpinned and unlocked this topic

Hidden value in this pick is the next Dalton contract. 

As it stands now Finley will have 2 seasons when Dalton expires. 

So if the Bengals only have a Driskel option they’ll get crushed.  

Hidden value 2:  Driskel is an athlete and probably makes the team and now you can risk him in packages and keep him active.  

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Hidden value in this pick is the next Dalton contract. 

As it stands now Finley will have 2 seasons when Dalton expires. 

So if the Bengals only have a Driskel option they’ll get crushed.  

Hidden value 2:  Driskel is an athlete and probably makes the team and now you can risk him in packages and keep him active.  

I don't know if they keep 3 QB's and neither Finley or Driskel will make it on the PS long before someone steals them.  I think it will be 1 or the other going forward, Driskel made improvement last season playing.  If he grows more this camp he may win the battle, he is an athlete/competitor and will not roll over for Finley.

I've seen people writing that this pick solves the problem of the Bengals finding their next starter.

I can't hardly believe that kind of talk.  All along an NFL starter was just sitting there for the taking after 3 rounds of selections ??
No disrespect to the kid, but i'll just be happy if he's a competent backup.

I won't change my stance on what I originally thought of this QB class, which was that it was terrible.
I didn't have Finley going in the top 3 rounds and apparently no other team thought enough of him to take him there either.

That's not to say that he can't become a serviceable backup with a chance at becoming more.
However, the Bengals can NOW get rid of Andy whenever they like with no problems.
I would hate for Finley to be the reason they pass on a potential franchise QB next year if the situation presents itself.

I simply don't have enough faith at this point to make a pass like that.
I wish him well and hope he becomes a top 10 QB in this league, but I'm not banking on that being the case.

What if this guy puts on a more weight? What if his arm strength increases a bit? It's not crazy to consider. It's likely.

I think that the Patriots draft Finley if he's there for them. And then everyone is talking about how awesome he is going to be.

Should be interesting to see what develops. But for now, Ryan Stidham is the next Tom Brady. Don't forget.