1st Round Pick: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

ArmyBengal

Hart is a massive bag of suck who should not be given an opportunity.
What has he done since the end of the season several months ago to make anyone believe he should start ??
If you look at what he put on tape last year, he would have been cut on most rosters.
The Bengals simply had to have someone to fill the hole left from Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Smith.

What made me want to kick puppies was when Lapham said in a post pick interview that Ogbuehi "wanted nothing to do with football".  I am sorry where the hell are the talent evaluators....doesn't that get figured out before you waste a ***damn first round pick on a guy?

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What made me want to kick puppies was when Lapham said in a post pick interview that Ogbuehi "wanted nothing to do with football".  I am sorry where the hell are the talent evaluators....doesn't that get figured out before you waste a ***damn first round pick on a guy?

I think that was the opinion that Lap formed on his own about Ogbuehi

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Taylor could not have been more clear that Williams is starting day 1 somewhere. So Hart might only be a swing tackle now - which is his ideal slot. Back-up. 

I’m just guessing Hart goes with the starters at RT in the OTAs camps and what not.   Then let chips fall were they may.

Bengals have been pretty clear about what they think of Hart too.  

2 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

PFF ranked Williams as their #4 over-all draft prospect.  If Price can stay healthy and actually play near where he is capable of in the NFL, and Glenn stays healthy, the o-line may be quite decent this season despite some mediocrity at G.

The bad news is that Paul Alexander worked with him in the off-season...for whatever reason and in whatever capacity.

Well we know he can handle the Ketchup bottle so that answers that concern. 

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

If you can figure that out let me know.  You’ll win a ton of Superbowls if you do.

Every first round pick and even second round now a days are handed enough money to retire befor kick off the first game. 

I see this all the time.  High school athletes work so hard for to get school paid for.  Once that happens the love for the game can drop big time to the point they are doing just enough to keep the scholly.  Becomes a job.

The few percent good enough to get selected first round inevitably hit that same wall.  

11 minutes ago, COB said:

I read somewhere that, to an nfl fan, having your team draft an o lineman is like getting socks and underwear for Christmas.

Eh,  it’s like buying your wife lingerie.

She don’t like it but it’s got to be done to keep your QB standing