"Official Draft Day(s) Thread"

ArmyBengal

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

The way this draft has fallen, would not be surprised at all if Lock or Grier is the pick in the second.  No 2nd Rd. lBs. D line is played out...lots of corners.  Ford and Risner are still on the board but if they go before Cincy....take the QB...

Nope, this is where you get Dre replacement

Greedy Williams CB LSU

This also takes a player that had been associated with the Stealers in the first Rd.  Now we take the player they were hoping would fall to them.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

That's fine but there really isn't a guy graded in the 2nd...anyone we take is going to be a reach....on Grier, it would shock me if he is not taken in Rd 2.  He has been shooting up draft boards with PFF grading him as a 1st rounder

I agree no Rd 2 grades this year, wait and get a project after trading for Darren Lee

7 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I want no part of any other QB to be honest with you.

Lock is the only QB left I feel is better than what we already have as a backup.
Thing is, Lock won't get by the Broncos.  I'm good with that.

Grier was a good college QB...  Pass

I like Easton Stick with 1 of the 6 round picks.  Small school big arm good accuracy, he can battle for the backup spot

2 hours ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

Nope, this is where you get Dre replacement

Greedy Williams CB LSU

This also takes a player that had been associated with the Stealers in the first Rd.  Now we take the player they were hoping would fall to them.

Agree - I'd be very happy if the Bengals picked Greedy Williams as I would be if they took Jaylon Ferguson the DE out of Louisiana Tech.  

No 2nd Round rated LB's on the board. Also need to look at TE, RB, and a decent back up QB as the draft goes on. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

Agree - I'd be very happy if the Bengals picked Greedy Williams as I would be if they took Jaylon Ferguson the DE out of Louisiana Tech.  

No 2nd Round rated LB's on the board. Also need to look at TE, RB, and a decent back up QB as the draft goes on. 

I’m with Scottish. Payne is another corner to consider. Long and fast. 

I absolutely dont want a corner til late, especially after we picked up Webb and retained Dennard

if there really and truly isnt a coverage LB (at any of the three spots, we need them all) worthy of r2p10, go BPA at any position except DT, CB, or RB.  I'd prefer another OT (one can be a pure ORT, since our first rounder can play both sides) or a 3-down TE.  Maybe a QB if he is truly deemed to have a serious chance to be starter-ready within 2 years.

I dont like the reported 40 on this guy, but that aside, Mack Wilson seems to be exactly what I am looking for - an athletic freak LB with coverage skills

His stats are diminished because he played a half or less in many Alabama games due to them being blowouts

I'd be very happy if he is our second round pick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

I dont like the reported 40 on this guy, but that aside, Mack Wilson seems to be exactly what I am looking for - an athletic freak LB with coverage skills

His stats are diminished because he played a half or less in many Alabama games due to them being blowouts

I'd be very happy if he is our second round pick

I agreed. If they like him, take him. 

2 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I agreed. If they like him, take him. 

I’m on board, it seems like we’re going all ‘Bama in this draft.  This kids diminished stats are just the kind of devaluing shit Mike likes to take advantage of.

In reading about Mack Wilson's pro day now, I am seeing he was timed at 4.65 in the 40; so my one concern is pretty much gone, and I am even more interested in him at this point

I am even ok if they need to throw in one of our thousands of 6th round picks to move up to ensure we get him

GIMME A LINEMANBACKER

round 3 pick needs to be a coverage linebacker this spot is not picked in r2, but otherwise needs to be one of:

• Another OT (can be a pure ORT),
  • Another coverage LB, inside outside doesnt matter
  • 3 down TE
  • QB if and only if the player is deemed to be capable of starting in 2 years

I'd really like them to package some of their lower picks - especially the 6s - for another late r2 or r3 pick.  Or 2 6's for a 4 .  Quality over quantity.

Also, if BPA is a WR, that is a need, whether you all like it or not.  They have an aging AJ, a question mark in Ross, and a very good Boyd. It's...bleak on the roster after that.  In Taylor's Rams style offense, there are some receivers at 42 who would be absolute fits on this team and would be potentially BPA. 

• Like 1

Here's Joe Gooderry's thoughts on him from his review as he put together his rankings:

If you’re looking for Alabama’s Mack Wilson, and I swear I don’t hate the Crimson Tide, he’s ranked as the 26th best linebacker because of his athleticism (50.9), production (37) and consistency (64) drag down a strong video grade of 74. It’s just hard to get excited about a prospect that fails to meet so many thresholds that most of the top NFL linebackers hit in college.

Army: so you had to go all traitor on us and call your buddy the Giants GM and let him in on this?

from: http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25964-changing-things-with-free-agents-draft/?do=findComment&comment=457259

ArmyBengal
Posted February 4

Well, what if the Bengals new coaching staff DOES want a shiny new QB ??

If that is the case, give me Daniel Jones from Duke.

I took some time to watch game highlights of the kid and wow can he toss the ball around.

At 6'5 he also won't see as many throws batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Oh, the dude can run as well.

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

Here's Joe Gooderry's thoughts on him from his review as he put together his rankings:

Gimme another coverage LB to look at, then.......

I get what you're saying re: WR, and I also get that a O that stays on the field will make the D statistically better simply because the other O gets less time on the field

but

to me the NFLs worst D in 2018 needs some serious (and I mean OnePunchMan serious) help

It blows me away that a team fielding all pro-ish players at DT, DE, S, and at CB was so gawdawful 

At LB I would be happy with Cashman, Pratt or Burr-Kirvin in round 3 or 4 if one slips past 3. Any would be an upgrade in the room and would mean we would not be reaching in round 2 and could take a true BPA. 

5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

For what it's worth, I mocked Irv Smith Jr. to the Bengals for some time and would not be upset with that pick.
Greedy Williams wouldn't bother me, nor would a top end WR.

Smith has flags too. Again, from Goodberry:

If you’re looking for Alabama’s Irv Smith, he checks in as the ninth-best tight end prospect in this year’s class. He’s small but fast, but he only came in with a 4.76 relative athletic score after not doing so well in the other drills at the scouting combine. Smith has an excellent tape with natural hands and a tough attitude, but his production score (63rd percentile) also falls below optimal. Those factors combined create some risk involved with Smith as somebody with that low of testing has never had a dominant NFL career at tight end.

I would like another TE for the room, but not in second round - there is good value at that position later.