Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

Reich came in to the Colts and proceeded to start the season 1-5. No one was singing his praises. Not having a healthy Luck didn’t help either. Then Luck got healthy and Reich continued to motivate them to hang in there. Now they just won a playoff game as the 6th seed.

That will never happen to the Bengals.

12 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Anyone else watch the Colts and Texans game?

Oh yeah, having at least 3 first round o-linemen is a good thing.

I watched it.  I think the Colts O-line starting at LT goes: 1st rounder, 1st rounder, 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 2nd rounder.

We tried to draft 1st round tackles as well - fail.

Don’t mention this to your son, but the Texans have won 3 playoff games, and 2 of those were against Marvin.  

The Colts really look strong.  The Cowboys were fun to watch as well.  Ezekiel Elliott is an absolute game changing player.  Their ability to run the ball (once they fired Paul Alexander) is pretty inspiring.  I believe we’ve got that caliber of RB here in Cincy.  Need some improvements on our offensive line, like proven players through free agency.

Also just as an aside, those games yesterday were NFL caliber playoff teams.  They played hard football but respected the game and each other.  It was fun to watch.

What a contrast to the shit show Marvin and his ugly twin Mike Tomlinson run out there.  That last playoff game between Cincy and Pittsburgh looks worse and worse, if that’s possible, as time passes.

Marvin’s lack of discipline was astonishing.  Tomlin’s same lack of discipline strangely got a pass back then.  But it’s all revealed now with the Bell fiasco and now Brown doing whatever he wants.  They just yesterday showed Joey Porter the door.

Our next coach needs to break the cycle.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I want someone who knows how to build a defense and holds people accountable.

Yep - I's like to see a HC with a pedigree of D and someone who's discipline will make the players focus and execute.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, ArmyBengal said:

I think McDaniels is a pussy and don’t want him. I bet he fails miserably wherever he goes next. That is, if he even leaves which I doubt.

And with the Packers hiring someone else, McDaniels' little bitch ass runs back to the Patriots stating he won't be leaving this year.

GOOD !!!

McDaniels being selective for his 2nd go round.  Kinda chicken shit really.   I wonder if that might hurt him down the road?  Only interested in coaching HOF QBs.  

The opposite end of the spectrum.  

3 seasons ago Hue Jackson was an offensive mastermind and QB whisper.  Cashing in on his work with Dalton.

Made the mistake of going to the mistake by the lake and now he’s damaged goods despite their clear plan to burn down the roster to acquire a bounty of picks and cap space.

It is hard to wash that loser sent off you once it’s on. 

Hue and his career goals led him to be head coach of two of the most disfunctional franchise (Raiders/Browns) since the 90 Bengals. 

Now it’s the Bengals with his best shot.   Oh boy. 

Sounds like Vance is moved into the lead.

Have no idea if he’s a good or bad head coach hire.    Just know he got high praise as an assistant and did good enough job to be hired/fired as a head coach.

I think that would lead the way to Hue as OC which he has done a great job at before. 

That's what I predicted awhile back Vance as the HC with Hue as his OC. 

Why because the bengals are scared to go outside the realm, they are so afraid of change.

What a shitty day if this happens my excitement will be done. Guess they can prove me wrong, but not what I want. I want a complete change and I mean ever coach here!

However I will agree that Hue Jackson was probably the best OC this team has had in a long time, and was upset when he left.

He was the only one who got Dalton to play his best football by doing his strengths, and if it wasn't for a fumble and stupid defensive players they would have won that playoff game.

Hue might not be a head coach, but he sure was a hell of an OC when he was here. How he would do now I don't know.

Hue can coach offense and worked great with Dalton.    Nothing but a positive, IMO as an OC.

His offense in 2015 was fun to watch.  His 2014 was adapted to compensate for injuries and struggling Dalton. 

Vance as HC? I got no idea.

Hue working under Vance?  How does that work for chemistry? Got no idea. 

i earned $50,000 last month by the use of operating on-line most effective for five to eight hours on my pc and this was so clean that i in my opinion could not accept as authentic with earlier than running in this website. if you too want to earn this type of huge coins then come and be a part of us. do this internet-website on line.

JK, I’ll accept Joseph, though I was hoping for someone with a more direct link to Andy Reid.  Hue Jackson is a backstabbing little bitch, so no thanks.  Send him to whatever team is his second choice.  Wait, there isn’t one.  

IMO,  Angry Fans are a non issue.  

The year Marvin Lewis was hired that was met with a slight peak of interest, yawn and a bunch of doubt UNTIL he beat the Chiefs.  Then they had an impressive sell out streak and optimism. 

Eventually that got stale.  Even franchise best regular season marks were met with uninspired attendance and doubt. 

Cincinnati is tired of the Brown Family and overall tired of the mediocre sports scene in its entirety. 

A new coach will spark some interest.  The further from the Lewis the bigger interest.

It will be all be short lived until a coach gets them to this weekend in the playoffs.  

It will all be short lived until the Brown family learns and tries to build their brand instead of half assing  it.

Until that happens they’ll continue to get rollercoaster of optimism/negativity regardless of coach.

First sports franchise that brings a Final 4, World Series or NLCS,  whatever MLS cup, AFC Champ/Super Bowl.  Will set themselves up with a generation of fans.

The Bengals simply are missing the lost generation of the 90s now and there is no coach to be hired to fill the void consistently.  

Angry fans don't buy season tickets or luxury suites.

Honestly I don't care.  I'm one of the ones you mention that are just tired.
I used to fire back at people here with counter thoughts and opinions.
I just don't see the point any more.  Arguing with anyone about the Bengals defines the word "Pointless".
Dusting my house results in greater satisfaction than anything the Bengals do.

Fuck this franchise.

So here we are.  They are saying they are basically done with interviewing and will not be interviewing any of the coaches remaining in the playoffs.  GREAT DECISION....

Here are what you have to choose from:
The Bengals have interviewed former Broncos head coach Vance Joseph, internal candidates Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor, and Hue Jackson, along with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor and passing game coordinator Shane Waldron, and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken.

If I have the choice and in no particular order:
Bieniemy or Monken

Why ??  Because they aren't internal and no one talks shit about how big of a loser they are.
At least not that I'm aware of.

The morbid part of me wants to see Hue get the job just to watch it all meltdown.
I'm almost hoping Mike can't help himself and makes that decision.
That and I can then leave being a Bengals fan for good.

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Angry fans don't buy season tickets or luxury suites.

Honestly I don't care.  I'm one of the ones you mention that are just tired.
I used to fire back at people here with counter thoughts and opinions.
I just don't see the point any more.  Arguing with anyone about the Bengals defines the word "Pointless".
Dusting my house results in greater satisfaction than anything the Bengals do.

Fuck this franchise.

I just view it from my own experience and those I talk with.   IMO, angry fans are dudes that were young and remember the Super Bowl years and had money to buy tickets during the suck-ass 90s.

By in large these people are not going to do anything on the basis of a head coach hire, IMO currently.   That’s what I mean when I say angry fans don’t matter. 

They’ve burnt us out.  We did that before. 

The generations below me don’t care.  They’ll go when it’s good and not until then.    I’ll do the same.

They hire Hue or Mcarthy and  I’m not calling up ticket office.    If the season gets interesting, weather looks good and prices aren’t crazy.   I’ll go down to the Jungle.  

If not, I’ll watch in TV. 

Cycle will continue until build their brand with a younger and new base.    

Passion for this team is dead.  Fuck this franchise. 

My fear is the extended Marvin Lewis family coaching hire will result in more of the same lack of disciplined players,  player types, and poor game/clock management issues, especially if Hue joins the cast.

They aren't going to win back a lot of fans by hiring more of Marvin's people, who've failed in HC'ing roles elsewhere.

It would just be nice to see something different here for once - a new offense, a new defense, new players, new coaches, etc..., and a new approach in general.  Marvin retreads wouldn't surprise me a bit though.

I don't want anything to do with Hue right now, but whatevs, it's the Bengals', I don't expect them to ever get over the proverbial hump.  At least they're not hiring Kliff Kingsbury.

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches