Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Hue gone

I guess we’ll soldier on without Hue next year, won’t be too hard since he didn’t even have a real job here.  Marvin just brought him in to attempt to grease the skids to the HC job that I believe he knew he was vacating.  Hue is a backstabbing conniver, worst type of leader and his results show it.

This new coach has some existing players to work with.  The idea that the cupboard is bare is baseless.

Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, Ross, Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, William Jackson, and Hubbard.  Shawn Williams played much better than in the past.  

In addition to those 11 players, this new guy will likely find at least one later round pick from the last 3 years who had been getting the classic Marvin cockblock move keeping him off the field.  That guy will show he can play.  Go get o linemen and linebackers in the draft and FA, this team will actually have players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, COB said:

This new coach has some existing players to work with.  The idea that the cupboard is bare is baseless.

Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, Ross, Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, William Jackson, and Hubbard.  Shawn Williams played much better than in the past.  

In addition to those 11 players, this new guy will likely find at least one later round pick from the last 3 years who had been getting the classic Marvin cockblock move keeping him off the field.  That guy will show he can play.  Go get o linemen and linebackers in the draft and FA, this team will actually have players.

This. Marvin Lewis has been one of the biggest reasons this team has struggled. His tendency to play favorites has to have had an impact on the team. When the players see that the best and most deserving players can't get on the field, it sends the wrong message. Along with the incoming draft class, there is a strong base of talent on this team. Cut the dead weight and let the talent you draft actually play! Next season could be very interesting to say the least.

It is very important you give this guy what he wants, and experience guys are the best thing. I think that's why young coaches fail not enough experience around him.

I wouldn't even mind his father in law Mike Sherman coach for a little with him, some kind of assistant to the head coach lol. No buy in all seriousness get him what he wants.

I thought he would ask for his brother but if not as an OC then not sure what it would be.

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Zac Taylor sounds like a pop country star.  

He wears a straw cowboy hat and a white tank top, and sings about those warm summer nights on a country road sittin’ on the tailgate of his daddy’s pickup with a cooler of beer and his best gal.  Gosh.

18 hours ago, volcom69 said:

It is very important you give this guy what he wants, and experience guys are the best thing. I think that's why young coaches fail not enough experience around him.

I wouldn't even mind his father in law Mike Sherman coach for a little with him, some kind of assistant to the head coach lol. No buy in all seriousness get him what he wants.

I thought he would ask for his brother but if not as an OC then not sure what it would be.

Judging by the blood-letting at PBS the last 2 days, I think that's what he'll get, much like Marvin.  Interesting they're keeping the o-line and ST's coach again, I "think" the same thing happened when Marvin was hired, at least I know Alexander was forced on him. (in this case I have no problem as a fan with them keeping Simmons and Pollack at this point)

On 11/01/2019 at 7:29 PM, AMPHAR said:

Lazor is gone. 

been out of town for a couple of days just back and catching up with developments.

I'm glad they've moved on from Lazor - he did nothing to invigorate the O - yeah yeah there were injuries but I got so fed up of the 3rd and long lets throw a lateral pass scenarios. Hope whoever comes in shows a bit more imagination

6 hours ago, COB said:

Monken to the Browns as OC.  

I was hoping we’d get him.

Yea only thing that sucks with the Rams winning is we still have no clue who is coaches are or if he even took the job. 

I guess we hope if he did take the job that the coaches he wants are still out there. 

I read somewhere that's what happened to the Cards coach he  didn't get the coaches he wanted and had a terrible year and got fired.

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches