Hue Hired To Do Unspecified Things

COB

I'm not sure anyone is anymore, in fact I'm not sure anyone even cares anymore.

Im to the point where I have seen all I need to for 15 years, and I'm bored very bored. The excitement in this team left me back when they had a playoff win and Hill fumbles, and the defense lost its cool. 

Maybe one day I'll get that excitement back who knows maybe these changes fires up the team, but for now I really don't care what they do. Make me like this team again, do something that excites me and makes me want to cheer for them without being so negative.

Again, I come here because I like to hear what you guys, that are still following closely, have to say about things.
I'll chime in here and there and share my views, but for the most part there's one thing I just can't get away from.

I don't really care.

If Hue becomes this or that.... Marvin decides to move up or move out.... whatever....  It won't change.
For the most part I hope they win each Sunday, but even that is hit or miss lately.

Again, I would honestly love to see them get blown out by Baltimore (please start Lamar Jackson) with Marvin handling the defense.
Follow that up with a loss to the Browns and I would find more joy in that, than in any of the wins so far this year.
I'm truly rooting for the train wreck and want to see it all explode with an empty stadium the rest of the way.

Amazing how this is the best answer either of these ass clowns can manage to put together about what Hue will do...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/15/hue-jackson-on-role-whatever-they-need-me-to-do/

Marvin makes clear:

“Hue is here to, you know, right now he’s trying to find, you know, just get, uh, immersed back into what we’re doing, how we’re doing it and the added morsels to me about things he, you know, observes,” Lewis said. “That way he can assist with players on the field and with us defensively with the implementation and development of the plan and, you know, he’ll continue to look at things analytically. He’s got a lot more exposure to that than I’ve had, and that’s helpful because we have the data and just how they continue to use the data correctly. And so that’s good and he’s been involved in that quite a bit, so that’s another added plus exposure to things.”

Then Hue chimed in with his own take:

“You know, regardless of what the record was, I mean, it was an opportunity and an experience and you can’t get those back,” he said. “I think I’m a better coach for it, you know, having gone through it. But at the same time, you know, nobody wants to have that kind of record, you know. But I’m looking to being here, helping this organization win and getting this organization back to where it needs to be.”

It'll be interesting to see how Lazor and Hue balance out with offencive scheming - as said before the O was the best under Hue so perhaps Lazor will benefit from having Hue around

1 hour ago, Scottishbengal said:

It'll be interesting to see how Lazor and Hue balance out with offencive scheming - as said before the O was the best under Hue so perhaps Lazor will benefit from having Hue around

I hope you are correct, but I doubt it.  From Lazor’s perspective, they brought in a predecessor to look over his shoulder, and by the way he’s super politically connected with the boss.

Lazor almost has to be looking at this as Hue is here to collect info and observe, and ultimately He make a big push for the OC job and throw Lazor under the bus.

I just want to take this opportunity to give credit to Cincyjungle for perhaps the best sentence ever written in an nfl analysis article.

i was just reading their rundown and predictions on the remaining games, and when they got to the Denver Gsme they came up with this beauty:

“Now, head coach Vance Joesph brings his group into the jungle; assuming he hasn’t been fired and brought back as a special advisor to Marvin Lewis by that time.”

I'm surprised Brown is willing to pay Hue a salary, if he's getting one.

I also wonder how Lazor feels about it, coaching an offense that is likely to decline without its star WR.  11th in the league in scoring, but against winning teams they average somewhere in the 15-16 point range I believe.  

I'm pretty sure Marvin knows he's going into desperation mode in terms of retaining what little fan support/confidence he has left.  Basically having no defined D-coordinator reeks of that to me.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, COB said:

I just want to take this opportunity to give credit to Cincyjungle for perhaps the best sentence ever written in an nfl analysis article.

i was just reading their rundown and predictions on the remaining games, and when they got to the Denver Gsme they came up with this beauty:

“Now, head coach Vance Joesph brings his group into the jungle; assuming he hasn’t been fired and brought back as a special advisor to Marvin Lewis by that time.”

Oh, it's coming.  Hue will be OC in 2019.  Vance Joseph will be DC.  Book it.

Hue needs to run the offense, this offense is a complete mess, who the hell throws it to Core on 4th down play, just stupid!!!

Why the Hell does Audian Tate only play on 1 play, and he catches the ball only to not play again, how stupid is that!!!

Lazor is not the answer, time to move on, the offense gets worse every game it seems! Oh and I don't care or wanna hear about injuries when he makes the most idiotic calls ever!!

On 15/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, COB said:

Lazor almost has to be looking at this as Hue is here to collect info and observe, and ultimately He make a big push for the OC job and throw Lazor under the bus.

Good - because if Lazor was scheming to throw anyone under the bus it would be a blown play.

Either A) the bus wouldn't be there at the time of the throw,  B) he'd put in a thrower that wasn't capable of throwing in the direction of the bus or C) the archangels would read his scheme and swoop down to pluck the person from under the wheels before he got squished.

Either way Lazor sucks goat balls 

• Like 1

I’m giving Lazor a break.

No Eifert.

Not such a great offensive line.  Even when they are all heathy.

TE Kroft gone, Cethan Carter gone, Shreck gone.

I mean Matt Lengel caught a TD pass.  Franks and Lengel are not even in the same universe as Eifert as blockers or receivers.

AJ Green has turf toe. It’s plagued him throughout his career.  Almost impossible to cure for an athlete. Eventually it ends careers.

Offensive line again. They just can’t run block.

RBs Gio was hurt for a while, Tra Carson gone.

WR Josh Malone has been out for a while which leaves Cody Core  Auden Tate or Erickson  as targets

Uh John Ross, constantly injured.

And dammit I’d you are going to call DBs for holding or PI do it consistently. There were obvious times the Ravens did that to the Bengals WRs.  Been going on all year.

And I can’t forget even though This isn’t offense but  I watched the Steelers hold  the D-Line nearly every damn down they went after the RB or QB.  I’m glad Lewis said something publically because it’s disgusting. O or D just call it the same.  A hold or interference shouldn’t be a biased call ever.  

Not that it has anything to do with Hue necessarily, but regarding the o-line and our lack of addressing the position.

It has been said that there simply weren't any o-linemen of quality to be had in this draft and that's why we didn't go after any after Price.
Well, if you are one to buy off on PFF's o-line rankings, 4 of the top 10 o-lines in the league right now are starting rookie linemen.  Only one player was a first rounder.
Regardless of them being starters from day one (Quentin Nelson, Colts) or forced in due to injury, there apparently were players from the draft who were capable.

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Not that it has anything to do with Hue necessarily, but regarding the o-line and our lack of addressing the position.

It has been said that there simply weren't any o-linemen of quality to be had in this draft and that's why we didn't go after any after Price.
Well, if you are one to buy off on PFF's o-line rankings, 4 of the top 10 o-lines in the league right now are starting rookie linemen.  Only one player was a first rounder.
Regardless of them being starters from day one (Quentin Nelson, Colts) or forced in due to injury, there apparently were players from the draft who were capable.

Yep

9 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Speaking of PFF. For as much as I hear coaches and analysts say they don’t care what some random website says, I found it ironic when they introduced the starting teams in tonight’s game, that below their name, they listed the players PFF ranking.

Must hold some weight...

Collinsworth is majority owner.  He bought it a while back.   He’s moved their operations to Cincinnati.  Apparently he’s worked his influence into NBC.  

PFF is way better than it gets credit for vs. the old days of not having anything.

Although there have been some questionable comments from analysts that lead to question some of their grades.

There is also the natural bias building since they have moved into grading college draft prospects. 

Of course a can’t a miss pick is grading highly his rookie season. 

Eventually the NFL will buy it or create a competition because the product is craved by fans. 

I would love for PFF to work to improve its weaknesses and remove biased media from All-Pro voting etc. HOF voting etc. 

I should change the name of this thread to "Hue Hired to Get Bitchslapped on TV by Two of His Former Players."  The interception ball handed to him, then Mayfield dissing him on the hug and later in the press conference.  The Browns players clearly have no respect for Hue Jackson.  And we're considering this guy for our head coach?  Get the fuck out of here.  

Here's part of my problem with everyone's surrogate dad, Hue Jackson:  He spends two and a half years coaching the Browns.  He's, presumably, invested his blood, sweat, and tears.  He's all in.  Things don't go as planned, and he gets shown the door, though I'm certain he's still getting paid.  

At that point you are shell shocked and just need a little time to gather yourself.  Right?  RIGHT?

I guess not.  Honestly, if I were in that position and Marvin offered me a job a few days after getting fired, a job with a division rival, a job without a title that doesn't even appear to be a real job, I would honestly just say no.  It's not like he was the linebackers coach.  He was the head coach.  Take a little time, it will all look a bit more legitimate.  To just jump on the rival's ship with basically no break is not a good look.  I don't even understand it.  Just watch the tube and do some guest analyst stuff on ESPN, then come back next year.  It's just too mercenary, even for the NFL.  I can't think of a precedent for it.  

59 minutes ago, COB said:

I should change the name of this thread to "Hue Hired to Get Bitchslapped on TV by Two of His Former Players."  The interception ball handed to him, then Mayfield dissing him on the hug and later in the press conference.  The Browns players clearly have no respect for Hue Jackson.  And we're considering this guy for our head coach?  Get the fuck out of here.  

Nailed it.

Ugh.