Week 9 - Bye Week Talk

AMPHAR

I wonder if the succession plan for Hue Jackson was written up with the thought that everyone knew he was going to fail in Cleveland.
Once upon a time, I really wanted him here.  Now ??  Yeah, not so much.

I think I ask it every year, but does anyone else recall the times where the "Bye week thread" contained score predictions with the Bengals getting blown out ??
Bye Week 47
Bengals 3

Classic...

Hue never had a chance in Cleveland.  That shit show that continues up there is predictable.

However, winning 1 game in 2 seasons is a hard thing to do.  So I don’t know.   They sold off every semblance of vet talent for draft picks.  

He got paid in Cleveland and took that over Mike Brown’s promise.   

So he’s gauranteed some money not sure if taking another job quickly hurts that.  

Haslam runs his team about as well as he runs his swindling schemes at Pilot.  Not well.  I just can't believe he fired both.  At least keep one, then you have someone to call plays.  And it appears they pulled the trigger without an actual interim ready to take the job.  Remember how completely bad Zampese was as our O-coordinator?  That's probably who they'll promote to OC. 

So now instead of splitting with the Browns, we'll probably sweep them.  That's 7 wins right there.  Then the teams left are the Saints, the Ravens, the Broncos, the Chargers, the Raiders, and the Steelers.  That's six games.  If we can win 3 of those, we have a ten win season on our hands.  

Let's dissect:  1.  It's an insult to actual dumpter fires to call the Raiders a dumpster fire.  By the time we play them they'll have traded every starter.  WIN.     2.  The Broncos are 3-5 and they aren't good, they lack a quarterback, and they have to come east to our place to play this game.  WIN.  3.  The Ravens are a mystery.  They beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.  They also lost to the Browns.  Tough to say.  Let's say WIN.

That would give us ten wins.  Our other 3 games look like losses - The Saints, the Chargers out there, and the Steelers at their place.  

So I'm predicting ten wins, and Marvin gets a nice big extension.  

3 hours ago, COB said:

Haslam runs his team about as well as he runs his swindling schemes at Pilot.  Not well.  I just can't believe he fired both.  At least keep one, then you have someone to call plays.  And it appears they pulled the trigger without an actual interim ready to take the job.  Remember how completely bad Zampese was as our O-coordinator?  That's probably who they'll promote to OC. 

So now instead of splitting with the Browns, we'll probably sweep them.  That's 7 wins right there.  Then the teams left are the Saints, the Ravens, the Broncos, the Chargers, the Raiders, and the Steelers.  That's six games.  If we can win 3 of those, we have a ten win season on our hands.  

Let's dissect:  1.  It's an insult to actual dumpter fires to call the Raiders a dumpster fire.  By the time we play them they'll have traded every starter.  WIN.     2.  The Broncos are 3-5 and they aren't good, they lack a quarterback, and they have to come east to our place to play this game.  WIN.  3.  The Ravens are a mystery.  They beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.  They also lost to the Browns.  Tough to say.  Let's say WIN.

That would give us ten wins.  Our other 3 games look like losses - The Saints, the Chargers out there, and the Steelers at their place.  

So I'm predicting ten wins, and Marvin gets a nice big extension.  

Just in time for an embarrassing playoff defeat.  Sounds like a plan.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Heard something that made me laugh on my way into work:

"I feel bad for Hue Jackson...."
"I mean they fired him right in the middle of his most successful season."

BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA !!!

They did what they had to do to destroy another quarterback’s career.

13 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Been saying it for a while now.  Have to get some LB's in here.  Have to invest there in the draft.
Have to get the guys we draft on the field.  Our LB's just now getting negative attention is beyond me.
It's been that way for a while.

Yeah I complain about it enough as well.  The local media here never points it out either, so I was surprised to see that tweet at all. 

You think the Bengals have bad linebackers?  I’ve watched all of Ohio State’s games this year, and you’d have to go back to the Cooper era to find linebacking as bad as we’re seeing right now.  

So really both my pro team and my college team  are going to need an infusion of talent in the linebacker spot for next year.  

Need to find too slow for NFL Strong Safeties but just right for NFL LB college players. 

Rules aren’t going back to the 90s.  Need coverage focused players that can react in a zone and chase then tackle. 

Probably need more players that can pressure the middle  instead the edge because it takes too long and ball is out.

Need length on edge to set Volleyball type blocks instead of rushing.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:40 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Been saying it for a while now.  Have to get some LB's in here.  Have to invest there in the draft.
Have to get the guys we draft on the field.  Our LB's just now getting negative attention is beyond me.
It's been that way for a while.

Well Marvin use to love to Draft Linebackers but they wearnt really panning out either...Maybe try free agenecy someone besides a one year bargin deal.