Week 8 - Bucs Talk

AMPHAR

I had a flashback to Palmer’s last year.  Fitzpatrick showed up with the Bills, we took a 3 score lead into halftime, and that dude came out in the second half and straight up beat our asses.  It was the game Crocker wrecked his knee.  

It’s a win so I’m happy about that.  Marvin did some serious encouraging clapping there on that final drive.  We’re just not consistent.  Been this way for too many years.  Good riddance Marvin.

Lawson out for year with torn ACL.  Jordan Evans had a nice game  (11 tackles, INT), probably the only LB other than Jefferson with any real upside potential.

We shouldn't forget the defensive collapse in the 2nd half was propelled by the offense not converting a single 3rd down til the last drive of the game (and the defense not getting off the field).  Not blaming one over the other, 

Seemed to be a lot of confusion amongst the DB's in coverage the entire game, even the vets.  

56 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Lawson out for year with torn ACL.  Jordan Evans had a nice game  (11 tackles, INT), probably the only LB other than Jefferson with any real upside potential.

We shouldn't forget the defensive collapse in the 2nd half was propelled by the offense not converting a single 3rd down til the last drive of the game (and the defense not getting off the field).  Not blaming one over the other, 

Seemed to be a lot of confusion amongst the DB's in coverage the entire game, even the vets.  

Seems like the defense is so confused in Austins defense, is it that complicated, they seem to think it is. Some how it seems they need to make things less complicated as guys seem so confused and have no clue where to go. 

Its the bye week I think they need to start thinking of some of these things and figure out why guys are confused. Also get some guys healthy I hope.

I’m not sure how much to blame our DBs.  It gets frustrating watching Kirkpatrick get targeted by every team.  

But with the way the game is called now, DBs are just about set up to fail.  It’s like you can’t really stop a passing offense with coverage any more.  The only way to stop a passing offense is with pressure on the QB.  

I didn't watch anything but the highlights on YouTube this morning.
I don't know what is more amusing....  The fact this defense gave up nearly 600 yards while producing 4 INT's, or the content of this thread with people going back and forth.
I can only speak for me, but I tune into games for the enjoyment and come here to voice my opinions about what level of enjoyment I experienced.
With Marvin Lewis as the coach, that level of enjoyment has slipped to such a point, I don't watch anymore.  Yeah, I'm going to be negative.
He sucks, Austin sucks, our o-line sucks, our LB's suck, Mike Brown sucks (had to throw him in there), and the DJ that keeps playing Katy Perry at the game sucks.

How does a defense give up THAT many yards and the team still wins the game.  Has that ever happened before.  I don't feel like working the Google machine.
How does Austin still have a job ??  Disregard that question because, well, Marvin...
Hey Austin, your defense is suppose to STOP the opposing team on 3rd downs.  Just in case you were confused, had it backwards, were holding the playbook upside down, whatever.  FIX THAT !!!

What about the offense in the 2nd half trying to set the record for consecutive 3 and out's to start a second half ??  Can't have that type of stuff happening on that side of the ball.
Speaking of offense, Mixon and Boyd are beastly and give me reason to tune in and watch.  Well, except that I haven't been doing that.  Edit:  Give me reason to watch the highlights the next day.

Mixon has 509 yards, 177 yards off of Todd Gurley's current lead, and that's with two missed games.  Pretty impressive.
Tyler Boyd has more receptions than AJ Green to this point and only 67 yards less and 1 TD less.  Pretty impressive again.

Young and Injured team that’s basically in first place.   Could be worse and maybe it will be the next 8 games. 

I’m telling you right now many Bengal fans are letting the continued existence of Marvin Lewis coaching cast a shadow of a what could be a really good first chapter of a young core. 

Plenty of reasons to watch. Although I didn’t yesterday. 

59 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Young and Injured team that’s basically in first place.   Could be worse and maybe it will be the next 8 games. 

I’m telling you right now many Bengal fans are letting the continued existence of Marvin Lewis coaching cast a shadow of a what could be a really good first chapter of a young core. 

Plenty of reasons to watch. Although I didn’t yesterday. 

Usually I would agree with you AMPHAR, but I cannot let "the continued existence of Marvin Lewis coaching" go.
I was pissed off beyond belief when they signed him back for another two seasons and have not really backed off that thought.
This team certainly has talent and I do agree that there are reasons to watch, I just don't care enough to do so.

Why ??  Marvin Lewis.  Does ANY fan truly believe this organization will win a Super Bowl being led by Marvin Lewis ??
Hell, he can't even win a playoff game despite the numerous opportunities.  He can't even luck his ass into a win in the post season.

It WILL NOT change.  Ever.  Not even a single ounce of my being could be convinced otherwise.  So why tune in on Sundays ??
I root for the players and like many of them, despite feeling the disdain and disinterest that I do, and hope they do in fact win many games.

I made a silly post not long ago about things I can do other than watching the Bengals on Sunday, but there was real truth in that.
I purposefully took a coaching gig, knowing the games took place when the Bengals played and that was a great decision.
Now that the season is over for my team, I will get to working on things around the house needing to be done.
Yes, that will happen on Sunday afternoon's.  I'm just done giving my time and a great deal of energy to this team.

I still love coming here, reading what everyone has to say and chime in with my thoughts though.
Marvin Lewis won't take that small pleasure from my life.  Outside of that, he can eat a dick...

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Usually I would agree with you AMPHAR, but I cannot let "the continued existence of Marvin Lewis coaching" go.
I was pissed off beyond belief when they signed him back for another two seasons and have not really backed off that thought.
This team certainly has talent and I do agree that there are reasons to watch, I just don't care enough to do so.

Why ??  Marvin Lewis.  Does ANY fan truly believe this organization will win a Super Bowl being led by Marvin Lewis ??
Hell, he can't even win a playoff game despite the numerous opportunities.  He can't even luck his ass into a win in the post season.

It WILL NOT change.  Ever.  Not even a single ounce of my being could be convinced otherwise.  So why tune in on Sundays ??
I root for the players and like many of them, despite feeling the disdain and disinterest that I do, and hope they do in fact win many games.

I made a silly post not long ago about things I can do other than watching the Bengals on Sunday, but there was real truth in that.
I purposefully took a coaching gig, knowing the games took place when the Bengals played and that was a great decision.
Now that the season is over for my team, I will get to working on things around the house needing to be done.
Yes, that will happen on Sunday afternoon's.  I'm just done giving my time and a great deal of energy to this team.

I still love coming here, reading what everyone has to say and chime in with my thoughts though.
Marvin Lewis won't take that small pleasure from my life.  Outside of that, he can eat a dick...

Agreed.  I was trying to sneak “continued existence” of Marvin Lewis by.

I just pretend we have new coach Marvins’s twin brother Melvin. 

Melvin is 0-0 in the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, COB said:

I’d say most Bengals fans were expecting a new coach this season.

I certainly was and when that story broke (prematurely) that he wasn't coming back, I was thrilled.
Then the unbelievable happened and he came back.  Reboot #137 or so it felt...

Again, I'm still a huge fan and want them to make a huge post season run. 
They just won't and Marvin will be a large reason why.

WHODEY !!!