So Frank Ragnow

Wraith

So Lapham is guessing Ragnow and his guesses are pretty good usually.  I don't hate the player, I hate the position.  There is very little difference in grade among the top three Centers and virtually no chance that at least one of them (likely two) is not sitting there for us at 46.  This is the part of the draft the Bengals have never figured out...it is not enough to get the right player, to maximize draft capital you must get the right player in the right spot.

I hate that pick because the player we take at 21 needs to be an immediate starter, and while Ragnow has the qualities to be a starter, I dont think his health will permit it.

We need a guy who can start right now at either OC, ORT, or LB. Can't be another injured player. We dont have the luxury to wait til next year with first round picks right now

Dont get me wrong - I love me some lineman and I love Ragnow, but you cant help the team from the trainer's room, and we need help. Now.

Ragnow is the best Center in this draft right now...Daniels MIGHT be better as he grows into his body (he is only 20 after all).  Price has greater versatility...all three are light years better than Bodine.  I am against this because I believe one or two of the three will be there at 46....now if they trade down to say 30?  All bets are off.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:46 PM, Wraith said:

Ragnow is the best Center in this draft right now...Daniels MIGHT be better as he grows into his body (he is only 20 after all).  Price has greater versatility...all three are light years better than Bodine.  I am against this because I believe one or two of the three will be there at 46....now if they trade down to say 30?  All bets are off.

Agreed.   The top 4 C's in this draft are pretty significant upgrades to Bodine most likely.