The rest of the NFL can see it, and has for years

cincyhokie

"Can an angel of mercy deliver the Bungals from the Marvin Lewis era already?"

"I feel bad for the people of cincy to be stuck with lewis for this long"

"It's a running gag about Marvin Lewis ever getting fired. I truly think everyone will be surprised when he finally is fired because year after year his name comes up."

"Lewis should get fired in the next week or so... But he won't!

Thing is... A couple of years ago arguably he had the most talented roster in the AFC and he still couldn't win a play off game. Now that roster has lost a lot of talent and the organisation can use that as an excuse as to why they are struggling!"

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/734191-black-monday-whos-on-the-hot-seat-in-2017-who-gets-fired/?page=11

Those era Bengal team will be lost in NFL history by most common fans. Doomed to go down lost in history as a joke because of this franchise's reputation. 

Lost in NFL like the Glanville Oilers,  Dome Patrol Saints or Buddy Ryan Eagles. 

Had some real talent but almost every time on the big stage not only lost but looked pathetic.

How Lewis stayed so long is the biggest statement about how much the Bengals front office truly wants to win it all.

They are content with being in the playoff conversation.

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

How much the Bengals front office truly wants to win it all.

BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA !!!

Oh my God, that's funny. 
I suppose you can make the argument that they would "like" to win it all, but they have given us zero reasons to believe that.
Other teams make moves when they see something is not working.  The Bengals ??  "Just keep grinding".

Could you imagine what would happen to this team if they did actually win it all ??
They would think they finally have it all figured out as opposed to understanding they actually caught lightning in a bottle.
THIS ORGANIZATION WILL NEVER SUCCEED. 

Now looking at my post, I realize I should just stop talking about the Bengals.
I'll come here to check in on you guys.

FUCK THE BENGALS !!!

Interviewing and hiring new coaches is a lot of work.  Plus 60 years ago a football coach got fired and his feelings were so hurt he had to go play golf in San Diego for a few years.  The horror!  

They threw away a golden opportunity.  The admiration and respect I had for Marvin due to the turn-around he performed have been diminished.  His ineptitude has grown tiresome.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA !!!

Oh my God, that's funny. 
I suppose you can make the argument that they would "like" to win it all, but they have given us zero reasons to believe that.
Other teams make moves when they see something is not working.  The Bengals ??  "Just keep grinding".

Could you imagine what would happen to this team if they did actually win it all ??
They would think they finally have it all figured out as opposed to understanding they actually caught lightning in a bottle.
THIS ORGANIZATION WILL NEVER SUCCEED. 

Now looking at my post, I realize I should just stop talking about the Bengals.
I'll come here to check in on you guys.

FUCK THE BENGALS !!!

It's best said the Bengals aren't against winning the Super Bowl,  I mean they aren't going to turn it down or be sad if it happens.  

One day the stars will line up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

That philosophy and the "hope and pray" method are as far as making effort to winning the Super Bowl goes here in Cincinnati.

Here I thought I would give it to the spring to see what happens.  Nope.  Fuck these guys.
Been a fan since I can remember (I suppose 1972), went to the freezer bowl and Super Bowl XVI.
Was always thinking "just one before I die" in my blind devotion to this shit heap of an organization.

NO LONGER....

"The last time we won a playoff game, no one knew what the internet was, or had it, George Bush Sr. had just replaced Reagan as President,  people only used land line phones,  a person approaching 50 now was just out of high school,  the majority of the current team hadn't been born yet,  and we've had the same coach for the last 15 years!" "Buy your season tickets now!"

• Haha 1

I remember the morning of the last playoff victory because I had tickets.   Working my morning paper route, lol.

Tons of yards decorated for support of the troops in operation Desert Shield.   The guy who owned the route kept saying the Jungle would be rockin in his stoner accent. 

It did rock and I never thought those days would never return.  

3 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Listened to Bengals "Pep Rally" today on WLW. 

LMAO at how Eric Winston basically admitted that the offense, and the team as a whole mostly, is mentally soft and weak.

It was interesting to hear his take, to say the least.

They sure as hell are all "banged-up" with head knocks and ouchies - pretty much a "f**k it I quit for the year" from some of these guys.  Lewis and MB have completely lost their team.  All that's missing is one of the remaining star players throwing his equipment into the stands or demanding a trade after the last home game.

I am believer in the "lame duck" theory.   I think you are seeing some of that now.

Of course the Bengals Management screws it up.  

If there is a factor preventing at least a 3 year deal then that should set off warning signals.   Then as a management team you have to be willing to eat the out years in a firing the coach situation.

A symptom was this series of short term extensions they've gone through.  

On 12/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, AMPHAR said:

It's best said the Bengals aren't against winning the Super Bowl,  I mean they aren't going to turn it down or be sad if it happens.  

No, I don't agree that any cosmic alignment, or any other luck will intervene. There's too much disarray, too much poor coaching to be overcome. I see it akin to man achieving unaided, sustained flight. Humans were not meant to fly like that, just as these Bengals owners are meant to sputter and piss away their talent and potential. 

Blame lands squarely on the son of Paul.