Just not feeling it

kingwilly

35 minutes ago, COB said:

Work friend has season tix, has had for 20 years or so.  He didn't even watch yesterday's game.  That speaks volumes.

Think he'd be interested in the Eifert dog shit thing I found ??
I could probably rearrange it into a "Marvin" pattern if that's more pleasing.
Spray painting the shit orange and adding grass to represent the "jungle" is an added cost however.

Let me know...

• Haha 1

Not feeling it, episode 137 -

While tv rating crater, players lose their marbles due to head trauma, and fans stay away in droves, NFL owners address the issues by squabbling over how to divide the billions.

So relatable!  Millionaire players strut about and pound their chests, billionaire owners bicker over vaults of cash, argue league minutiae, and fill their Depends by the 3rd quarter.  We go outside and clean our gutters, stare at a $5,000.00 front end deductible on our great health insurance, then watch as the camera cuts to Jerra after the Cowboys get a first down.  Look, he's clapping!  I feel better now.  Thanks NFL!

I went to the home opener and haven't watched any NFL since week 3. Lewis should have been fired but still remains our coach. The team is a joke. As of right now, we're playing for the 3rd through 6th draft pick. However Marvin will find a way to F that up. He seems to win enough games to where we pick at # 9. The protest has kept the wife and I away from football as well. I served this great Nation for 22 years. I understand that people have the right to protest. But I also believe that there is a time and place for everything. As a member of the US military, it's your job to fight and protect the American life, but we are not authorized to protest. I wasn't a big fan of the last administration, but they were our leaders and I executed my duties to the fullest and respected the position of the Commander and Chief. The only thing I seeing this protest doing, is ruining this great game that we love and dividing this nation even more than it's divided. The message that these players are trying to send is not the message that is being received by the American people. I think they should do it on their own time. Use their popularity as a pro athlete to go out in the community and get people talking and working with each other. Doing a ride along with the police and firefighters to see and experience what they do on a daily basis. Get business owners, churches, schools and to community coming up with a game plan to bring folks together. They want to be heard, then try something more positive.  Now back to the Bengals, if and that's a big if Marvin is let go after this season, The Brown family will only promote from within which will not fix anything. I think Marvin is a good coach but I think that his hands have been tired. This team hasn't had discipline in years. On paper we've had super bowl winning teams but they always came up short. This was due to poor time management, play calling, lack of discipline, and not playing the right players. I hope all of this changes and quick. Shoot the wife won't even let me spend money on NFL items any more. I haven't even bought the new Madden 18 PS4 game.... 

Yep, that's been my contention all along.  Right to protest, certainly a needed understanding of the issue, but the worst delivery decision ever.
The inequality of people within this country turned into anthem issues.  The original message in my opinion has been at least watered down or maybe worse, completely lost.

Much like Combat, I can never support the method in which they are protesting, while understanding and fighting for their right to do so.

I saw a video not long ago that has changed the answer I give when people ask what it's like to be retired Veteran.
Taking a cue from this video, I now say I finally know what it's like to be an American civilian.
The following goes in line with what those in the video said and are not directly my words, but I agree with every ounce of my being.

For 21 years I spent my time in one military unit or another and everything we did came within the purview of being called into question by everyone within and external to the military. 
I had no issue with that, but in the military you are not "free" to come and go as you please.  You are not "free" to make as much money as you are capable of and you are not "free" to speak however you like.
Those in the military sacrifice all of those types of freedoms, that all civilians in this country have, just to serve this great country.

During my military career, I have been sent all over the world and have fought against the enemies of our way of life.  Many times that meant being away from your loved ones and going into harms way.
Missed birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, first steps and words of your children, and numerous other things that will be forever missed.  All for our country and our people.

Now I have the freedom to choose to do what I choose to do and I continue to serve those that have served our country.
Not everyone I served with was able to come back and enjoy things the way I am now.
My sense of freedom is probably different from others, but it's that freedom that makes the difference in being an American.
Yeah, the USA is pretty much the greatest thing going since forever.

Somehow, people don't understand why there are those of us that are displeased when the flag and national anthem are used as a means of protest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, help me out here.

Not 100% sure if it's true, but they are saying part of the 100 million the league is coughing up for social justice outreach is coming from the Salute to Service program to honor Veterans and the Breast Cancer Awareness program.
If there is a shred of truth to that story, I am not only done with the Bengals, I am done with the NFL and anything to do with it.  I will throw out all of my Bengals gear and never attend or watch another NFL game.

League issued a memo stating the claim the money would simply be taken from other programs is untrue.
I hope that's the case.  Maybe it was initially and then they realized the hit they were about to take and changed it.  Who knows ??
Either way, that would have been a PR nightmare for the league.

That and I don't have to totally bail at this point.  Still the closest I've ever been though.

These owners.  

Problem?  Throw money at it.  Some of them can't empathize with their own employees.  Can't talk to them.  They're in a PR nightmare, so they revert to the only thing they know.

They surely think they've just purchased an end to the kneeling.  I'm not sure they're right, but we'll see.

Army - this may come as a bit of a shock, though you may already know this.  The owners are only as patriotic as they're paid to be.  From like '09 to '15, the Department of Defense paid millions to the NFL.  Things like color guard appearances during the anthem, "military appreciation night", and enlistments on the field, the NFL got paid big money to allow these patriotic activities to take place during their previous games.  

The two Senators from Arizona, Flake and McCain, heard about the D.O.D. contact with the NFL and about went berserk.  They investigated, then co-authored a report about it.  The NFL owners returned over $700K and ended the "fake paid patriotism" activities.  

It galls me that the NFL's attitude was basically, "if the United States military wants to associate itself with our valuable brand, if they want to be on par with pickup makers, insurance companies, and beer companies, that advertise at our games, they can damn well pay for it like everyone else."

on a side note: I attended a Bengals game a number of years ago (they lost to the Texans), and a bunch of youngsters went on the field at halftime and got sworn into the army.  I remember thinking what an upright dude Mike was to have that at halftime.  Wrong.  Just a business decision.  He could pay ten grand to the guy to bring his dog-riding monkeys, or GET PAID to let the military be on the field.  Easy decision down at PBS.

Ok so after this last Steelers and Bengals game, what fun is this league anymore? We don't know what a penalty is anymore, we don't know what's worth a suspension anymore, nobody can make up there mind.

Not to mention all the crying between both teams, mostly the Steelers, but damn I'm so tired of the crying. Now the Steelers kicker is accusing Shaw of trying to hurt him. Really whatever happened to "It's Football", damn start putting flags on the pansies I'm tired of the crying.

Oh and thanks bengals and Marvin for helping me realize this past couple years, that it's just a football game anymore, so who cares. 

Yea so screw the NFL who can't decide on anything anymore, thanks for making the penalties decide the games, and not the players. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:11 PM, volcom69 said:

Ok so after this last Steelers and Bengals game, what fun is this league anymore?

The league just wants us, the whole country, to become fans of either the Steelers or the Patriots.  They do whatever they want, the end justifies the means, and we're Americans so get on board with a winner!  

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

I guess year after year it's the same teams over and over, with a few new teams sprinkled in. 

When it's all said and done it will be the Steelers vs the Pats with the winner in the super bowl, AGAIN. This league is so predictable.

Between the two, I'll take the Pats. I'd like to see Rex get a ring like Dillon did.