Fake Game 2: Chiefs @ Bengals

HoosierCat

I'm not sure it's a reflection of the team's performance, because they still have been a playoff team 6 times in the last 8 years (though the constant one-and-dones have removed a lot of suspense).  I know my own apathy stems from the continued presence of Lewis and Alexander, primarily.  There's just not much to talk about when we've seen this show 14 times already.  All we can do is wait and see what happens.  It's especially boring during the preseason, and a stinker like last night can't help.  It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it doesn't motivate a fanbase either.

Re Williams.  We should have kept Reggie Nelson instead.  Our pass defense took a dive last year.  I hope Williams heals up quickly.

I'm going to try to forget last night's performance and hope we see better in the true dress rehearsal, the 3rd game.  Also, Boyd's good.

26 minutes ago, COB said:

Re Williams.  We should have kept Reggie Nelson instead.  Our pass defense took a dive last year.  I hope Williams heals up quickly.

I'm going to try to forget last night's performance and hope we see better in the true dress rehearsal, the 3rd game.  Also, Boyd's good.

Boyd was a great pickup. BTW did anyone see Burkhead in the Pats game?

The dude is good.

Yea we knew Burkhead would be great, too bad he spent all/half his time here wasted on the bench! This team coaches are blinded to the small guys and pay more attention to the guys making more money and drafted higher. 

We see it all the time it just sucks, I really liked Rex, and I'm happy he went to a team that sees talent regardless of money or where they were drafted.

Yup. We all know how is will probably play out. Rex will turn into a star in NE. Meanwhile in Cincy Mixon will be stuck behind Hill (who the coaches won't give up on) and Gio, and the run game will further struggle because of the oline. Mixon will finally get more PT near the end of the year, but by then it will be too late and the Bengals will spend the early weeks of 2018 watching Rex get a ring.