Great News Everybody!

HoosierCat

CJ:

Ken Zampese says Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi “doing everything they can”

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/12/15767974/ken-zampese-offensive-line-coming-along

Well isn't that just peachy? "Doing everything they can." Ken goes on to talk about what a couple of eager little scamps they are! Isn't that swell?

This team is so, so screwed.

I have time and hopes for Fisher.  

Ooglie Booglie however can lick lick lick m'balls as Rick Sanchez would say.

18 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

CJ:

Ken Zampese says Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi “doing everything they can”

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/12/15767974/ken-zampese-offensive-line-coming-along

Well isn't that just peachy? "Doing everything they can." Ken goes on to talk about what a couple of eager little scamps they are! Isn't that swell?

This team is so, so screwed.

And this is what Hobson is reporting regards Paul Alexanders thoughts:

"GLENN: Thanks for the kind words and good to hear from you again.  I talked to Paul after the first week of voluntaries and he was cautiously optimistic about left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi and right tackle Jake Fisher.

He is particularly impressed with the improved strength of both. But it’s just too early. No one can make any judgements about these guys until they play in pads, certainly not Ced. And Ced himself has been quite honest and open about it. He didn’t adjust to the power game and got drilled on the bull rush. That’s what he emphasized in the offseason and we won’t know where he is on that until pads in training camp".  

23 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

CJ:

Well isn't that just peachy? "Doing everything they can." 

They'll need to have fun and play together!  If they do that and stay positive, Dairy Queen after the game and everybody gets to stay up 'till 10!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

I have time and hopes for Fisher.  

Ooglie Booglie however can lick lick lick m'balls as Rick Sanchez would say.

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about Fisher. He might never be a stud but he's at least shown he can play the game. Ced looks like they just plucked him off a farm someplace.

21 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about Fisher. He might never be a stud but he's at least shown he can play the game. Ced looks like they just plucked him off a farm someplace.

Fisher's not there yet.  He's nowhere.  It'll be a couple years, but then he'll round into shape just in time for his next contract, which'll come from the Cardinals or the Browns.

For some reason, Bengalszone is not letting me embed a link.  On the .com there is a new story by Geoff about the tackles.

Basically, he quotes Lapham a lot.  They say Ced spent a bunch of time at some sort of "Apply MMA to football" camp run by Jay Glazer.  Summing it up: Lesser men leave after a day, but Ced stayed a month.  Got a ton stronger.  Worked out some with Whit who said Ced really gets it.

One kind of funny quote: "Ogbuehi, prevented by injuries to take even a snap in his first two springs, has gone all the way at left tackle after his experiment last season at right tackle ended after 11 games and a benching."

So his time last year at right tackle was an experiment?  That's when you experiment, in regular season NFL games?  WTF.  Hopefully they do all their experimenting in the pre season this year and know what they have when they roll Ced out there in week 1.  Andy's brain and spine can't handle another experiment year.  \

Go check it out.  I'd link it here but can't.  

There is an article about Oogie when he was at Texas, showing that they tried him briefly at OLT (yes, they experimented too) and they found he could not do the job, so they switched him back to ORT.

Not sure why we expect him to play OLT or that this is considered his "natural position" when he has never shown he can play that spot

Oogie, if you are reading this - nothing would make me happier than for you to prove me wrong, bigtime.

On a somewhat related note, the result of recent reports that Paul Alexander is getting full nights of rest now - is keeping me awake at night

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2017 at 0:30 AM, COB said:

I'm not buying any of that bullshit.  Andre Smith will be playing tackle by the 5th or 6th game.

I was wrong again, I should have said Andre would be playing tackle by the 5th or 6th play of camp.

To be fair to moobs, he was a really good LT at Alabama. That was part of the reason he was thought to be such a high draft pick. I guess having Whit all those years didn't require them to force the issue but I won't take anything away from the guy.

Fisher vs Moobs at LT is about the same in my thought, with Moobs having more pro experience.

That being said I don't want to see either one being forced into that situation. If that's the case they are more f*cked than we can imagine.