Whitworth to Rams

HoosierCat

The front office is insane.

You know what this feels like? Like they made up their minds this was how it was going to go when they drafted Ced and Fisher and despite Ced playing like complete taint stuck to the plan. 

• Like 2

Major blow.   Whit was the  true elite talent they had exposure with.     I don't see a plan that can replace him adequately on paper.    Any solution is going to have major question marks and no matter how much spin you put on it, it's going to have major ?????? until whoever plays LT has 200+ snaps under their belt at LT.

At this point resigning KZ would be nice and all but it's not going to cover for a major hole at LT.   KZ was on the line the last year and couldn't prevent RT from being a major hole.

Wide 10, Dalton Home, Chuck and Duck on 3!  Break. 

I can't wait to see Whitworth sitting courtside at the Lakers game.  The Rams? in LA?  

Sucks.   I cannot think of a possible O-line move or draft move that would give any confidence on paper for this line going into 2017. 

The Bengals talent acquisition system will have a huge opportunity to prove itself or flop in glorious fashion. 

Can't remember the numbers exactly but Ooogie allowed something like 40+ pressures and almost 10 sacks.  Whit allowed 15 pressures and got stung for an odd 4 sacks. 

It was only 3 year 36 which isn't unreasonable for a team that won't be among the top 20 in preseason power rankings.   12 mil a year doesn't sound out of whack at all that's what I was thinking it would be around.  Just stupid. 

And your new starting tackle is...Cedric Ogbuehi!

After Whitworth broke the bank on what has been reported as a three-year deal for $36 million with $15 million guaranteed, the Bengals are banking on Cedric Ogbuehi to rebound from last season’s benching and reach the potential he flashed when they made him their first-round pick in 2015.

Andy Dalton, call your insurance agent...stat!

They lost the only player I felt like they couldn't lose!

This locker room will fall apart, this team will fall apart because of this move!

All of this could have been avoided by tagging him or tagging Zeitler and signing the other. Only ones to blame is themselves!

Im starting to feel like I need a break from this team or from the NFL in general. This really put it over top for me! 

Good luck Whit you were my favorite bengal for along time!

If the bengals timeline for winning was not done, it is now! Too much talent is leaving, and not enough talent to put back in its place. 

Goodnight Bengals team! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

They lost the only player I felt like they couldn't lose!

This locker room will fall apart, this team will fall apart because of this move!

All of this could have been avoided by tagging him or tagging Zeitler and signing the other. Only ones to blame is themselves!

Im starting to feel like I need a break from this team or from the NFL in general. This really put it over top for me! 

Good luck Whit you were my favorite bengal for along time!

If the bengals timeline for winning was not done, it is now! Too much talent is leaving, and not enough talent to put back in its place. 

Goodnight Bengals team! 

Yes, I agree. The window just slammed shut. 

They will not sign a replacement. No Okung, no Fluker. Nope. Roll with Fisher and hope Andy doesn't die. 

Should've worked out a deal with Whit during the season as soon as they knew Ced was a virtual bust, and that Fisher wasn't much better.

So, no answers or experience at OT, and nothing but ?'s at CB (unless they re-sign Dre) and their best OG is unsigned. 

Typical shit-show with the Bengals' front office.

Oh my God, why do I find this so amusing ??  Seriously, I read the title of the thread and burst into laughter.
Waiting for the spin from the organization and/or the rose tinted wearing homers.

Just unbelievable that the front office allowed this to become a reality.
No worries, Paul Alexander will make sure it all comes together nicely.

I really hope Whitworth does some good things out there in LA for the Rams.
Not expecting them to be good, but I'll be rooting for him to help them out for sure.

F*cking Bengals.  What a bunch of idiots !!!
STILL LAUGHING.  BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA !!!

Major drop by the front office.   After reading Hobs.   It sounds like they were willing to go 12 mil for this year and were fuzzy on extra years.   Whit is can get 24 mil the next two seasons with 17 guaranteed.   Just going off the reports.

Franchise tag of O-linemen was estimated to be 14 mil.   I thing transition tag was around 12 mil.    To walk into unrestricted Free Agency unprotected with the tag amounts very close to what you supposedly wanted is a major fuck up.   Similar to getting burned by J. Joe. 

Now they will try to convince everyone they are so confident in Ced Ooogie Boogie but are on the record of wanting to pay Whit 12 mil.   

Just horrible.   They let an elite talent walk away. 

This is a f*ck up of epic proportions, which is why I find it all so humorous.
The Bengals are so stuck on stupid you can't even put words to the negative impact this has on the team.
The overall play of the o-line, pass protection for Dalton, the running game, ability to trade your back QB, and lets not forget the locker room.

Hey at least they were able to retain the leadership and mentoring of Peko.  Right ??  You guys with me on that ??
Maybe HE can play LT...

BENGALS = F*CKUPS !!!
Never laughed so hard seeing my team getting completely buttf*cked for everyone to see.
Priceless...

• Like 1