Bye Week Gameday Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, jonf45uk said:

Why can they never be this bad against us?!!!

Actually they kind of were back in week 2. Problem was our pathetic O. In 15 drives they had 9 punts, 2 fumbles, 3 FGs and a single TD. Bengals just couldn't take advantage.

6 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Actually they kind of were back in week 2. Problem was our pathetic O. In 15 drives they had 9 punts, 2 fumbles, 3 FGs and a single TD. Bengals just couldn't take advantage.

Exactly why they're perfectly beatable in the home game.  They got spanked by Miami and Philly too.  The Steelers really haven't been very good all year.

15 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I'll take a division title at 8-7-1 if it's available (it probably won't be).

Since I really don't see this team being more than yet another 1 and done IF they make the playoffs, I guess it would depend on how many spots in the draft order they slide for making the playoffs.

I went looking and the Falcons and Colts missed the playoffs last year at 8-8, while the 9-7 Texans made it.  Difference was about 3-4 spots in the draft order.
I would probably take that difference knowing any team could catch lightning in a bottle and make a little noise.

The Browns are hoping that all the stock they have put into future draft picks will pay off.
That of course requires them to hit more than they miss in the coming years of the draft.
Could be with their 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders in 2017 ??

I would have to think Hue won't be complaining about that situation.

I find myself wondering whether the Browns would forgive Hue for a 0-2 win season.  Everyone knew they needed more talent, but even really bad teams usually find a way to 4-12.  It's pretty rare for a coach to survive anything worse.

I think they'd be stupid to fire him, but he's the same guy that Oakland fired after 8-8 so who knows.

The Browns let one starter after another walk out of their building and sign elsewhere.  

The talking heads on the Browns shit show this weekend barfed up some stat about how there are no players on the Browns from the drafts from something like 2011 through 2014.  That's not the actual quote, but it's something like that, a bunch of years' drafts that represent absolutely zero current players on the Browns.  

A modern-day NFL franchise can't be run like that.  You need players.  Even if your picks in rounds 1-3 don't live up to their drafts spot, you still need depth and can coach them up as they see mop up duty.  

The Browns have one giant problem - their owner is an inbred hillbilly who can't profitably run a truck stop without committing massive fraud and stealing from his own customers.  That's exactly what he did, and that's exactly who he is.  He's doing it again.  The fraud he's perpetuating on the Cleveland fans with that so-called team of his is just him showing what he's about.  I'm not even a Browns fan and I hate his guts.