2016 Season Predictions

gregcook68

2 hours ago, GapControl said:

Sorry I stand corrected.  They played 3 snaps with the first unit on Geno's I Eat Offensive Lineman Like Cheese Coneys three and out

There's a Gold Star promo right there. 50 cents off a three way on Mondays after Geno gets a sack on a three and out series.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GapControl said:

Nothing new. Steelers have by far the biggest fan base in the division so they get the most strokes to drive clicks.

Bengals are small media market with a small fanbase.   In addition there is a good portion of the fan base and local media that are negative/doubting towards the team.    IMO, that certainly downplays them in preseason predictions from national media.   

THEN, they suck ass a lot of the time on national primetime games.   However....

Out of all the division titles under Lewis (05,09,13, and 15).   I don't think they were ever considered the favorite.    

Since 2013 season the Bengals have dominated the week to week standings in the AFC North.  When talking weeks in first place, I'm guessing there is a huge margin between the Bengals and whoever would come in second.   

IMO,  AFC North will be crowned in December and it's going to between the Bengals and whoever. 

14 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Bengals are small media market with a small fanbase.   In addition there is a good portion of the fan base and local media that are negative/doubting towards the team.    IMO, that certainly downplays them in preseason predictions from national media.   

THEN, they suck ass a lot of the time on national primetime games.   However....

Out of all the division titles under Lewis (05,09,13, and 15).   I don't think they were ever considered the favorite.    

Since 2013 season the Bengals have dominated the week to week standings in the AFC North.  When talking weeks in first place, I'm guessing there is a huge margin between the Bengals and whoever would come in second.   

IMO,  AFC North will be crowned in December and it's going to between the Bengals and whoever. 

I agree, and also think it will be between Bengals and a team to be named later. If this team can hang and stay healthy it will come down to the last few weeks. Health is the biggest component in my view, for all the divisional teams, though I don't really consider Baltimore much of a threat threat. Pitt is the real concern, need to sweep them to really limit their potential. They start the year in a tough spot, without Bell, so we can measure them with so many common opponents. Overall, the schedules are very similar. I do like closing with Pitt and Baltimore at home in the last three weeks, that helps.

Sun. Sept. 11 at N.Y. Jets 1 p.m.  Win - the Jets O vs. our D, IMHO favorable matchup for Cincy.

Sun. Sept. 18 at Pittsburgh 1 p.m.  Loss - Ben healthy and at Pitt without Vontaze

Sun. Sept. 25 DENVER 1 p.m. Win - Denver will be a below .500 team this year and we almost beat them the end of last year in Denver with a backup QB...

Thurs. Sept. 29 MIAMI (NFL Network) 8:25 p.m.  Win - The Dolphins will be improved but not good enough to beat the Bengals at home.

Sun. Oct. 9 at Dallas* 4:25 p.m. Win - Dallas, without Romo and four games of tape versus Prescott....

Sun. Oct. 16 at New England* 1 p.m. Loss - N.E. is tough place to play, Brady will be back and mad.

Sun. Oct. 23 CLEVELAND* 1 p.m.  Win - Cleveland.

Sun. Oct. 30 WASHINGTON (at London) 9:30 a.m. Win - Washington doesn't have the roster to compete with Cincy IMHO

Sun. Nov. 6 — BYE —

Mon. Nov. 14 at N.Y. Giants (ESPN) 8:30 p.m. Loss - NY will be the division winner, tough Offense with a lot of weapons in the passing game.

Sun. Nov. 20 BUFFALO* 1 p.m. Win - At home versus Buffao...Next

Sun. Nov. 27 at Baltimore* 1 p.m. Win - Baltimore is a bottom third team and by this point they will be hurting.

Sun. Dec. 4 PHILADELPHIA* 1 p.m.  Win - Phily is preparing for 2017.

Sun. Dec. 11 at Cleveland* 1 p.m. Loss - Cleveland will be coming together into a team that will be competitive in 2017.

Sun. Dec. 18 PITTSBURGH (NBC)* 8:30 p.m.  Win - Most important game of the season, beat Pitt at home win the division IMHO

Sat. Dec. 24 at Houston (NFL Network) 8:25 p.m. Win - payback from last year.

Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE* 1 p.m. Win - Baltimore will have given up just like last year.

12-4 win the AFC North and will compete with NE for the Super Bowl (comes down to home field).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Again, I repost this.  I am right on the money so far and there is already more hand wringing on the board then there really should be.  Still a playoff team, but they need to improve to do anything once the playoffs are here.

W     @ Jets
L      @ Steelers
L       Broncos
W     Dolphins
L      @ Cowboys
L      @ Patriots
W     Browns
W     Redskins (London)
W     @ Giants
W     Bills
W     @ Ravens
W     Eagles
W    @ Browns
W     Steelers
L      @ Texans
W     Ravens

I get  11-5 with a lot of hand wringing when they start out 2-4.

• 3 weeks later...

Second half prediction:

@ Giants - prime time plus first game after the bye equals L 3-5-1
Bills - another shootout, Bengals escape with a W 4-5-1
@ Ravens - Baltimore isn't a good team but neither is Cincy L 4-6-1
Eagles - Bengals have no business beating Philly so of course they do W  5-6-1
@ Browns - Even Hue can't keep them caring at this point W 6-6-1
Steelers - Ha ha ha no L 6-7-1 eliminated from playoff contention
@ Texans - DCB W 7-7-1
Ravens - DCB  W 8-7-1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Not trying to be funny, but rather realistic when looking at how this team has played to this point.

When considering the teams we have left and where we play them, i'm thinking 1-7 for the 2nd half.
The lone win comes at the Browns and we get a top 10 pick, not that it will matter.

The Bengals haven't played Baltimore yet. There is two wins right there!

10 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

The Bengals haven't played Baltimore yet. There is two wins right there!

I wish I could be as confident, but I can't.

While the offense still has the ability to be good, that o-line is a f*cking abortion.
Next, the defense isn't what it use to be.  Lower quarter of total, passing, and rushing defense.  Really ??
We need an infusion at the LB spot.  Do something, anything...

18 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I wish I could be as confident, but I can't.

While the offense still has the ability to be good, that o-line is a f*cking abortion.
Next, the defense isn't what it use to be.  Lower quarter of total, passing, and rushing defense.  Really ??
We need an infusion at the LB spot.  Do something, anything...

It's amazing how Burfict went from being this great LB, to being a Blah LB. I have no idea what happened to him, but he is not the same player for sure.

I want to see Vigil in there playing, it can't hurt to see what they have in him, at least they would know for the future.

Oh and I'm so tired of the musical RT, they both suck! So why not try Fisher, maybe he is that bad, and that's why he dosent play, but figure something out!