Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

24 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

This is one of those games.  If there's any chance a player can go and help, they need to.

Surely not at the expense of further injury and missing the remainder of the season ??

That was quick, cast on, cast off. hoping he's not pushing it too much, i think they can handle the Steelers without him but having him makes them a better D. I really hope hes ok, because having him into January is far more important.

Also, Just got word a buddy is giving me his 4 tickets to the game @ SF, so I will be onsite for the game. WOOOOOT!!!!!

Really looking forward to wearing my Shipley or Housh jersey to the new stadium in Santa Clara. Fun time ahead. Bringing the whole family, still need to score one to get our daughter in. No worries on that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

How are they going to run the gimmick Fisher play if he doesn't participate in the game?  Time to scrap the whole game plan.

they could always run end-arounds to WRs a few tiimes, Brat-style.

how about they get Hewitt the ball in space a bit more? I think he'd be Gronk-esque if they got him in the seam or on a TE screen.

ok, after looking at the injury report, I'll call this one Steelers 27 - Bengals 33

Men in stripes will have trouble slowing Antonio Brown, he will make some plays, but will shut down DeAngelo Williams. Toughest part will be coverage of  rookie Jesse James, who looks like an heir apparent to Heath. Must get pressure on Ben (obviously) and make smart plays on O, nothing too cute, and be clean on ST.

I'm not of the belief this is a "must win" but it is a "really nice to have" game, probably more important to come out of it healthy and be ready for weeks 15 and 16...and beyond.

What I don't want to see is Dre Kirk getting a fistful of PI calls, or Fat Andre with false starts or holding calls. Those would be ugly v Steelers. Bengals can go a long way by being a bully in their own house, as it should be.

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

No Scottish, not suggesting that.  Only that if there is a thought that he can go, I bet he does.

I hope so - I think Pacman not only brings his own level of play to the game but is also a spark on the DBs - a bit like Burfict is on the LB corps - secondary is much better with him in than when he's out.  Wuld hate for him to push the bounds on one game though and miss out on a longer spell of games. This isn't a "must win" game although it is hugely important .... would much rather have Jones for a longer stretch

18 hours ago, kingwilly said:

ok, after looking at the injury report, I'll call this one Steelers 27 - Bengals 33

ESPN's Cousin Sal feels likewise.

• Cincinnati Bengals -2.5 (vs Pittsburgh Steelers): "Everybody loves this Steelers team. 70% of those betting this game are backing Pittsburgh, and all the talk is 'they're going to be tough to beat in January.' But this is December! And Cincinnati is the best team in the AFC. Geno Atkins is a force up the middle. Here is my favorite stat. Cincinnati, 14-1-1 in their last 16 home games that kick off at 1 p.m. eastern ... Cincinnati is better. They're home. They're only laying 2.5. I like them over Pittsburgh."

I feel the same way. 14-2 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

I've snooped around on a bunch of Steelers forums and most of their fans online at least seem to think they're playing the Browns tomorrow.  Most of them anticipate a win, and probably a decisive one.  Nevermind that it's a road game.  Nevermind that the Bengals are 10-2 and lead their team by three games including one head-to-head win.  Nevermind that the Bengals are playing for the #1 seed.  Nevermind the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.

Apparently the Bengals are pushovers.

If only the Steelers players were this ignorant.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I've snooped around on a bunch of Steelers forums and most of their fans online at least seem to think they're playing the Browns tomorrow.  Most of them anticipate a win, and probably a decisive one.  

I did see somewhere where a Pittsburgh fan was predicting a 41-17 win for the Steelers :thumbsdown:

10 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Screw that noise. Tomorrow's game is about winning the division and dealing a blow to the Steelers playoff hopes.

WHODEY to that brother !

• Like 1

If the Bengals can play well in the red zone on both sides of the ball I think they win.  They aren't going to stop the Steelers from moving the ball on them.  

The offense needs to control the ball and score when they get the chance.  Can't get in a shootout.  Bend but don't break defense.  Don't let the WR's get behind the secondary.  Don't even think about blitzing Fat Face.

The Steelers secondary sucks.  Take advantage of it.

• Like 1

We need to run the ball effectively to eat the clock. The pass rush needs to keep pressure on Big Ben and don't let the Pittsburgh O-line give him time to pick us part. This is a winnable game but it's not a given ..... time to go to work guys, the game that could win the AFCN is just an hour away !!

WHODEY 

• Like 1