Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

This game though will be there biggest test, with Ben or without.

There offense is amazing, much like the bengals so many weapons.

Bengals defense needs to be so much better then what it's been, I'm hoping Burfict comes back and gives them a spark. Hopefully they don't let Bell break loose.

Bengals offense needs to keep doing what it's been doing and don't let the steelers get them out of rhythm.

Well the defense worries me I still have faith in it to get the job done,

They get chewed up for yards give up some touchdowns but they still make key stops they still have helped the offense when counts like vs the Seahawks.

Truthfully thing I worry most about this game is losing a player for the season from some steeler cheap shot.

I'm not sure what to think about this upcoming game.

We have the offense to keep up with anything the Steelers can manage, but there's something about playing in Pittsburgh.

I'll have to take a closer look at this one because I haven't really paid much attention to the Steelers to this point.

The Steelers have been really good so far this year at a couple things. One, they aren't turning the ball over (ranked first in the league in that) and while their D gives up a lot of yards (ranked 23rd) it isn't giving up a lot of points (9th). That combined with a strong run game means they can hang around and wait for the other team to screw up, like Palmer did yesterday.

The loss of Beachum is something the dline should be able to take advantage of, but I expect the Steelers to be able to run on the Bengals all day long. I can see this becoming a shootout. I know it's getting old talking about how each game is a "big test" but this is a big test.

I think it's only big in regards to it being the Steelers and how much the win would mean for them.

Go on the road and beat the Ravens (thought to be better than the Bengals) ?? Check

Head to the west coast and beat the Raiders (Never happened before) ?? Check

Take on a team with a real defense that appeared in the last two Super Bowls ?? Check

See Andy Dalton take the next step in leading this team ?? Check

What else needs to be checked off ??

Maybe see the defense become more dominant than we've seen to this point ??

Although we currently have the league sack leader and another in the top ten in sacks.

Maybe improving takeaways ??

The bottom line for me is that this team can certainly beat the Steelers, but there seems to be something about going into Pittsburgh and playing.

Only once since Dalton was drafted have the Bengals gone into Pittsburgh and won.

I'd like to see that evened up a bit.

Yup, a win at the big ketchup bowl would be sweet. And I think they will win if they do as Doc suggests:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2015/10/18/doc-play-game-no-longer-just-saying-for-bengals/74191932/

The players have taken to the phrase "play our game." Carlos Dunlap said the defense "just had to play our game'' in the second half. Andrew Whitworth allowed that "at some point, the other team is going to make some plays and stop some drives'' a concession he squashed by adding, "all we have to do is play our game."

There were seasons around here, lots of 'em, when any Bengal saying "play our game" without irony would have sent the world into spasms of laughter. Now, it sounds about right.

That's the attitude I've always wanted to see: don't worry about what the other team will do, focus on what you're going to do. If they keep doing that, they'll keep winning.

Go on the road and beat the Ravens (thought to be better than the Bengals) ?? Check

Head to the west coast and beat the Raiders (Never happened before) ?? Check

Take on a team with a real defense that appeared in the last two Super Bowls ?? Check

See Andy Dalton take the next step in leading this team ?? Check

What else needs to be checked off ??

That ever-elusive playoff win, of course :-)

Not nearly as important, but I would love love LOVE to see the Bengals sweep the Steelers