Reluctant Media Finally Starting to Notice Bengals

HoosierCat

One thing worth noting: through four games the defense has 11 sacks.

Last year through 16 games they had 20.

Atkins?
Geno reminding people he's the best DT in football and not suh,defense is getting a lot of heat but they are missing vontaze which once he returns And George gets healthy I think it will return to the elite status.

One thing worth noting: through four games the defense has 11 sacks.

Last year through 16 games they had 20.

Atkins?
No doubt a big part of it. MJ too I think.
Always liked MJ and he got s bad rap playing for bucs but Geno is type of player that makes everyone else look better who would thought Peko would get two sacks in a game...

Ps,just dawned on me I don't have update my sig(fuck you iPhone) because it has MJ in it anymore just the year XD all about 2015 baby

I heard Michael Irvin yesterday speaking about the Bengals and when someone asked if we should wait until the post season to judge the Bengals, he said people need to stop that nonsense. He said that analysts get paid to analyze the football being played right now and that Andy Dalton and the Bengals are playing some of the best football he's seen from any team in the league.

I don't get how people are just dismissing the regular season and waiting to bash them once the post season comes rolling along.

I always thought it was a GOOD thing to be considered a contender each and every year !?!?

Don't they still have to make it to the playoffs ?? Most have the Bengals as the #2 or #3 team in the AFC.

God that sucks... :frustrated:

Here's a sentence you'll rarely see written: Michael Irvin is right.

As for why analysts forget that when talking about Cincinnati, I can come up with lots of reasons, but at the end of the day I suspect it's just because it's Cincinnati. There's never been much of an incentive to talk about the Bengals or take them seriously. Financially it's a small market that at times has even been a drain on the league; competitively its best days came when Ronald Reagan was president. The team's recent performance in prime time and playoff games hasn't helped, but it's only reinforced a longstanding impression.

Nothing will change until the Bengals shove a Lombardi down the media's collective throats.

• Like 1

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 4:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 94.4% (+11% vs. prior week)
Win the division: 84.7%
First-round bye: 60.8%
AFC Championship game appearance: 53.6%
AFC Championship game win: 27.6%
Super Bowl win: 14.7%

Go 16-0: 1.3%

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 5.0%

Chance that NE, Atlanta and Cincinnati all go 16-0, NE loses to Denver in the first round, Cincinnati beats Denver in the AFC Championship, meets Atlanta in the first ever matchup of 16-0 teams in the Super Bowl, and wins to become the first-ever 19-0 team: 1 in 25,000.

lloyd-300x300.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing really new here for anyone who'd been paying attention, but a good summary anyhow:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25330600/agents-take-how-the-bengals-have-become-one-of-the-nfls-respected-franchises

That's a damn good read.

Holy crap, it doesn't end with the team. NFL.com writer Gregg Rosenthal was doing and quarter-post ranking of NFL QB's, and guess who moved up from #22 to #5? That's right, our own Andy Dalton! Here's a snippet from the article:

For the first two years of this column, I usually had a tier called "After Dalton." Andy was supposed to be the prime meridian of NFL quarterbacks. If your quarterback was ranked below him, you needed a new starting quarterback. His play this season is potentially destroying Wesseling's "Dalton Scale." Hue Jackson's confidence has rubbed off; Dalton don't care. He's dialing up deep plays on the run on command. He's responding to poor plays with highlight reel tosses. I don't expect him to finish the season ranked so high, but there is no arguing that he's played like a top-10 quarterback thus far. He's ranked fifth in ProFootballFocus' grades, second in ESPN's QBR and second in Football Outsiders' DVOA. Hell has frozen over.

You can read the rest here while I go put on a jacket. Brrrrr.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552279/article/qb-index-quarterseason-rankings-132

Aw hell, now even skunk head is swooning over Andy...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/08/hue-jackson-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-offense-andy-dalton

Prepare for another 2.0 rating Sunday.

If Andy keeps up this level of performance and takes us deep into the playoffs, I'm dying my hair red and getting his cut. Promise. Might even buy a #14 jersey.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/08/hue-jackson-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-offense-andy-dalton

If Andy keeps up this level of performance and takes us deep into the playoffs, I'm dying my hair red and getting his cut. Promise. Might even buy a #14 jersey.

Well, I can't do that. I don't have enough hair to go that route. Glad to hear you still do Billy.

I got an Eifert jersey coming anyway.

Aw hell, now even skunk head is swooning over Andy...http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/08/hue-jackson-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-offense-andy-dalton

Hmmm you may have change name to hair on fire :)

Aw hell, now even skunk head is swooning over Andy...http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/08/hue-jackson-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-offense-andy-dalton

Hmmm you may have change name to hair on fire :)

I sorta miss that guy. Sorta.

Well, I can't do that. I don't have enough hair to go that route. Glad to hear you still do Billy.

I got an Eifert jersey coming anyway.

Yeah, I got the hair. Problem is it's gone 50 shades of grey on me. :gramps:

Yeah, I got the hair. Problem is it's gone 50 shades of grey on me. :gramps:

I'm getting there, fortunately I have blonde highlights that hide most of the grey. But in the right light, you can see quite a bit there. And I figure by this time next year, my beard will be almost completely grey (when I let it grow out that is).

• Like 1