2014 Season Predictions

Stripes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am concerned about the O-line. Especially for this Sunday. It's the key to the game, IMO.

Dalton every QB except Josh McCown without a clean pocket es no bueno.

Fixed.

/>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/2013-pressure-plays-quarterbacks

This is an instance where I will willingly concede and acknowledge it still does not change the fact.

Let's see how Gio and Hill can mitigate some of that pressure.

Yeah, me too. At least, that seems to be the plan.

Re pressure, I just get...itchy with all the repetition of the "Dalton can't handle pressure" meme. He's far from unique in that regard, and there are other allegedly elite QBs whose performance plummets just as badly. We saw one last night in Aaron Rogers, whose play was positively Daltonesque thanks to relentless pressure from Seattle. I thought the play where Rogers scrambled toward the left side of the field and was maybe two steps from a first down with no one near him and then he inexplicably throws the ball away summed up his night. If Dalton ever does that the fans will come down on him like a ton of asteroids.

Back to the Bengals, I think Dalton's protection will be OK. Not sold on this line's ability to run block, though.

Yeah, me too. At least, that seems to be the plan.

Re pressure, I just get...itchy with all the repetition of the "Dalton can't handle pressure" meme. He's far from unique in that regard, and there are other allegedly elite QBs whose performance plummets just as badly. We saw one last night in Aaron Rogers, whose play was positively Daltonesque thanks to relentless pressure from Seattle. I thought the play where Rogers scrambled toward the left side of the field and was maybe two steps from a first down with no one near him and then he inexplicably throws the ball away summed up his night. If Dalton ever does that the fans will come down on him like a ton of asteroids.

Back to the Bengals, I think Dalton's protection will be OK. Not sold on this line's ability to run block, though.

Hmmm. Not sure if it was worse than Dalton's drunk ballet dancer impersonation against Arizona.

Nope and hoping Andre Smith will help a little in the run game. This offense now depends on a good running game, and hopefully we will see this.

I do worry about Bodines first game against a great DT and hoping he does not get pushed around. Have to wonder how much rust Andre Smith has as well.

Dalton without a clean pocket es no bueno.

Let me translate the rest of that for you:

El quarterbacko no cleano pocketo es no bueno.

That's what 2 years of high school spanish gets you right there.

Impressive right ?? You're welcome !!!

:lol:/>

Things I have learned since moving to Colorado:

Double queso burgeso = Double cheeseburger

Dalton without a clean pocket es no bueno.

Let me translate the rest of that for you:

El quarterbacko no cleano pocketo es no bueno.

That's what 2 years of high school spanish gets you right there.

Impressive right ?? You're welcome !!!

:lol:/>/>/>

HMM So you moved to colorado. Was this just after they passed the new Maryjane laws out there?

Sizzler was always better high

HMM So you moved to colorado. Was this just after they passed the new Maryjane laws out there?

Sizzler was always better high

lol no

We moved here about 12 years ago.

• 3 months later...

I'll stick with my 11-5.

No way does this team fall below .500.

I just don't see how someone can make a call like that, but i'm sure some will.

So, anyone with a 10-6 or 11-5 guess gets credit ??

Honestly though, I still think it's amazing and a real credit to the coaches and players that they even made it to this point when considering the losses on both sides of the ball. It's not like they lost Jones, Eifert and Burfict last week. These guys have missed significant time this season and when you throw in time lost for Moobs, AJ, Zeitler, Maualuga, Thompson and others who have been out, it's really great.

It's been a nice handful of years to be a Bengals fan, but I really want to see a playoff win.

A few more things to add:

-The loss of MJ was certainly felt and last night was a perfect example. The loss of Collins ?? Not nearly as much.

-I think the loss of Gruden was a positive for the running game, but a toss up in the passing game. I think the loss of Zimmer was felt more, but can't really complain all that much with Guenther's first season in that role.

-I fully expect another solid draft in 2015 and another trip to the playoffs next season.

Here's to hoping we won't still be searching for a playoff win !!!

We were two plays away from my 12-4 prediction and locking up a first round bye in the playoffs. Those two plays are the Nugent miss in overtime v. Carolina and the Green Fumble at the 31 yard line in Pittsburgh last night. I firmly believe that we would have driven down for a game winning touchdown if Green had not fumbled that ball.

That being said....If you had told me that the Bengals were essentially going to be without Eifert, Jones, and Burfict all season and that Green, Maualuga, Bernard, and Moobs would all miss significant time, I would have told you that the Bengals would have been an 8-8 team. Pleased with the season for what it was and I think if we play a halfway decent game in Indy we can break the playoff jinx....run the damn ball!

We're going to be glad they lost this game last night come next season.

Home- Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks, Rams, Bills

Away- Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Broncos, Cardinals, 49ers, Texans

As you can see, it's a pretty tough schedule. It will be good to get the Bills and Texans instead of the Patriots and Colts.

I saw that as well Hokie and couldn't agree more. My son is already amped up about the Texans coming to town next year.

Getting the Seahawks at home is huge. That's a tough game any way around, but going to Seattle is tougher.

Both the Steelers and Browns have to go into Seattle.

I'm excited about that one too -- my 6 year old son is a huge Marshawn Lynch fan. He'll be over the moon if I can score some tickets! :)

I'll stick with my 11-5.

No way does this team fall below .500.

I just don't see how someone can make a call like that, but i'm sure some will.

So, anyone with a 10-6 or 11-5 guess gets credit ??

Honestly though, I still think it's amazing and a real credit to the coaches and players that they even made it to this point when considering the losses on both sides of the ball. It's not like they lost Jones, Eifert and Burfict last week. These guys have missed significant time this season and when you throw in time lost for Moobs, AJ, Zeitler, Maualuga, Thompson and others who have been out, it's really great.

It's been a nice handful of years to be a Bengals fan, but I really want to see a playoff win.

Ditto. Even though my wife and son's Eagles were 10-6 this year, they missed making the playoffs.

Every year 20 out of 32 teams have no chance to win the SB.

For this (Bengal) franchise to make the playoffs 4 years in a row, especially with the circus of injuries, is commendable!

Yes, we all would like to start seeing some playoff wins, but at least they have a 'shot' at playoff wins and a SB regardless of their chances or expectations to win in this arena.

I don't feel bad about the 12-4 call. I was a 36 yard field goal away from being close enough.

Hell, without crucial injuries all over the place maybe they do get 12 or even 13 wins.

I called for 11 wins myself, but easily could have seen them win 12 or more.

I just didn't see the down year others were thinking they would have.

I understood the concerns of new coordinators, but I saw that as a plus as opposed to a negative.