Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

I don't always check those message things at the top of the screen and tend to miss out on free weekends of movie channels and things like this.

Heck, even if you can't watch the game, you can DVR it and watch later.

Anyway, I just didn't want people to miss out on a chance to watch the Bengals if they weren't being shown in their area.

And here's you first injury report of the season...

Ravens

FULL PARTICIPATION: RB Bernard Pierce (concussion), CB Lardarius Webb (back)

Bengals

OUT: RB Max Burkhead (knee), WR Marvin Jones (knee)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: LB Sean Porter (hamstring), WR James Wright (concussion), G/C Mike Pollak (knee)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION: CB Darqueze Dennard (hip)

FULL PARTICIPATION: LB Vontaze Burfict (hamstring), TE Tyler Eifert (shoulder), RB Cedric Peerman (hip), OT Andre Smith (concussion)

And here's you first injury report of the season...

Ravens

FULL PARTICIPATION: RB Bernard Pierce (concussion), CB Lardarius Webb (back)

Bengals

OUT: RB Max Burkhead (knee), WR Marvin Jones (knee)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: LB Sean Porter (hamstring), WR James Wright (concussion), G/C Mike Pollak (knee)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION: CB Darqueze Dennard (hip)

FULL PARTICIPATION: LB Vontaze Burfict (hamstring), TE Tyler Eifert (shoulder), RB Cedric Peerman (hip), OT Andre Smith (concussion)

So it looks like the ratbirds go with a full squad (except Rice) and the Bengals are without Burkhead and Jones, and maybe Porter, Wright and/or Pollack.

Even so I still like our match up on either side of the ball. I think a rejuvenated O can put up points against Baltimore, and I think our D will be able to restrict them a bit. Homefield advantage plays a part so could come down to S.T.'s and eliminating stupid penalties.

Bring on Sunday - time to take care of business !!

Moobs probable for Sunday.

Dennard (hip) questionable, didn't practice today.

Porter and Wright doubtful.

Hobson's guess at the inactive list: Wright, Porter, Marvin Jones, Burkhead, Clarke, Hawkinson and T.J. Johnson.

Per Dehner, CB Ladarius Webb questionable for Baltimore.

Injury report from the .com

OUT: Marvin Jones, Rex Burkhead

DOUBTFUL: Sean Porter, James Wright

QUESTIONABLE: Darqueze Dennard

PROBABLE: Eifert, Burfict, Peerman, Pollack, Andre Smith

And from the Baltimore Budgies website:-

Ladarius Webb - questionable

Bernard Pierce - probable

Bengals waive DT Bilukidi and take CB McCalebb from practice squad to playing squad. Does this mean that Dennard isn't going to play due to injury or maybe that they want more experience/depth in the backfield to cover Steve Smith ?

McCalebb won't see the field as a CB he is brought up for special teams only. Chances are Dennard is not playing this week.

You think?

If McCalebb plays just on ST's and If Dennard sits this one out, that's just leaving 4 CB's - Hall returning from the ACL Jones and Kirkpatrick and Newman who is ageing like a fine cheese.

I can see where you're coming from and I suppose McCalebb could cover a CB if there's an injury (god forbid) so there's some sort of security on that basis.

Sweet I'm ready for this one......Go Bengals

excitement and nerves starting to kick in .... beers been in the fridge since Fri night .....a hearty pork stew in the slow-cooker

GIVE ME FOOOOOOOOTBALL !!!!

Whats worrying me are we going to see the pre season improved andy or is he gonna regress playing a div foe away who havent lost an opener at home under the current qb

The coaches will have a gameplan to play to the strengths of their own personnel and to stifle the opposition personnel - lets hope that the players execute as they should.

This is going to be a tough game whether it's the opener, mid-season of the last regular game ...