Where Are They Now?

HoosierCat

Most predictable vet free agent deal of 2014. Zimmer gets his coach on the field, Crocker gets another year of work. I was at the Bills game several years ago when he got carted off after his knee got wrecked. I like to think the verbal encouragement I gave him when the golf cart drove right in front of me had a lot to do with his comeback and post-injury success. Stuff like, "Hang in there, Chris!", and "Keep your head up, Chris!", man, that can make all the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great career for an undrafted free agent. He absolutely killed it from that perspective. He got two contracts, was a starter for a shitload of games, etc.

And like our dumbass O line coaches other brilliant diamond in the rough center, he went from full season starter to not being wanted by anyone in one off-season.

Let's see.... Before Rich Braham??? Who was it here? I can't recall... Then Eric G. , Steinbach did a few stints at C, then Cook, Jeff Faine, Trevor Robinson, Boling a couple times because of injury... sound right? After we released Eric G. I'm pretty sure Kansas City picked him up....

Worth a look. Coaches were high on Hudson for a while but IIRC injuries eventually led to his release. They may have to bring someone in just so they have enough bodies on the o-line Thursday.

In other former Bengal news, according to today's MMQB, Chris Collinsworth has bought a chunk of Pro Football Focus and so will now start pimping PFF numbers as much as possible.

Jimmy Clausen beats out RunPee in Chicago.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/24/jimmy-clausen-beats-out-jordan-palmer-in-chicago/

Whelp, there's always St. Louis...

Jordan wouldn't be a bad option for the Rams. They really are fucked.

Worth a look. Coaches were high on Hudson for a while but IIRC injuries eventually led to his release. They may have to bring someone in just so they have enough bodies on the o-line Thursday.

In other former Bengal news, according to today's MMQB, Chris Collinsworth has bought a chunk of Pro Football Focus and so will now start pimping PFF numbers as much as possible.

Is this real? Collinsworth bought part of PFF? Also - really nice the way Collinsworth gave Mike some nice words last night on the Sunday Night broadcast. Far overdue, but great to hear some guys giving credit to an owner who has always, if nothing else, cared about players as human beings.

Jimmy Clausen beats out RunPee in Chicago.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/24/jimmy-clausen-beats-out-jordan-palmer-in-chicago/

Whelp, there's always St. Louis...

Jordan wouldn't be a bad option for the Rams. They really are fucked.

Look like they're too late, if he was ever a possibility. Per the twitter, Jordan Palmer, the least accomplished yet most signed backup QB in the NFL, will soon be the property of the Buffalo Bills.

Very true. Question is, does Harrison want them? I never really got the impression he was all that thrilled to be playing in Cincy and since he got let go he's been making eyes at Pittsburgh. I think AZ would be better off looking for young LBs caught in a numbers crunch over the next week. If there's anything the Bengals have proven over the last few years it's that you can find quality linebackers among UDFAs.

Very true. Question is, does Harrison want them? I never really got the impression he was all that thrilled to be playing in Cincy and since he got let go he's been making eyes at Pittsburgh. I think AZ would be better off looking for young LBs caught in a numbers crunch over the next week. If there's anything the Bengals have proven over the last few years it's that you can find quality linebackers among UDFAs.

all very true.

If there's anything the Bengals have proven over the last few years it's that you can find quality linebackers among UDFAs.

How true. I think Zimmer/Guenther had a lot to do with that as well. Nonetheless that position seems to lend itself to street guys being able to fill in capably. Didn't we get Dhani off the street?