And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

And if it's not the Brown's players or front office with concerns, there's always the fans that can't figure things out.

Wow, just wow. Nothing else needs to be said. And people think the Andy Dalton sign at camp was a poor showing by Bengals fans. (Which it was)

A Browns fan that made a video of himself urinating on Art Modell’s grave may find himself in jail as a result of his decision to vent his anger in that manner and share it with the world.

Authorities in Maryland said Tuesday that they will charge the man, whose identity has not been revealed beyond being a Browns fan with disorderly conduct in a cemetery.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/30/man-faces-charges-for-urinating-on-art-modells-grave/

The rumor mill is spitting out an 8-game suspension for Gordon.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/06/report-browns-expect-to-lose-gordon-for-at-least-eight-games/

That would kind of suck for us since our first game against Cleveland is week 10.

The only hope for Browns fans is that the team does in fact have some real talent on it.

I thought last season the Browns had a pretty good D, and the team were in contention (mathematically anyway) for a shot at the AFCN title sort of 3/4 or 2/3 through the season - then they just imploded ?????

The rumor mill is spitting out an 8-game suspension for Gordon.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/06/report-browns-expect-to-lose-gordon-for-at-least-eight-games/

That would kind of suck for us since our first game against Cleveland is week 10.

Seems kind of low for all the violations that he has piled up. these are the same kind of things that a certain MLB piled up in Cincy and got a year ban for.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know it's preseason and all that, but am I alone in thinking that both Hoyer and Johnny Football looked like hot garbage last night? I'll give the Browns this much, their D looks legit. But Hoyer had no timing with his receivers and Manziel looked lost.

While I actually like all the hype Manziel brings to a fanbase that really needs any bit of hope they can get, I don't really think Manziel is going to be all that great in the league. He took three sacks and was less than 50% in his last preseason game. Obviously there's room for him to improve and given time, he may just do that. However, if he doesn't, I won't be surprised.

The Browns D was solid last year and I expect their D to keep them in, and help them win, some games.

Watching Manziel, I think he has the instincts and the arm to be a pro QB, but he's so raw it hurts. He isn't used to NFL speed at all. You could see that in how he constantly threw behind receivers. Even the basic mechanics of running a huddle were causing problems, because he didn't have to do that in college. I can see why Pettine does not want to put him out there opening day. He isn't close to ready.

Trouble is Hoyer was worthless. He keeps playing like that and Pettine might not have a choice.

Just forced myself to watch the Browns vs Rams game, 3rd of the preseason when you are really trying with your first team.

The Browns absolutely sucked on both sides of the ball. Their biggest deficiency is defensive backfield. How their offensive line can suck that bad I have no idea.

Hoyer had no time to throw so it was impossible to evaluate him. Coach churning looks like it is killing the Browns. They lose good players because of it (D'Quell Jackson), and the players that are left don't know how to run the new schemes yet.

Knock your soon to be wife the f*ck out and have it captured by video ?? 2 games.

Smoke some weed and get caught through a urinalysis ?? 16 games.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the policy in place, but simply think it's a little off.

I'm also not condoning the use of weed by players, but to view that as worse is crazy.

Knock your soon to be wife the f*ck out and have it captured by video ?? 2 games.

Smoke some weed and get caught through a urinalysis ?? 16 games.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the policy in place, but simply think it's a little off.

I'm also not condoning the use of weed by players, but to view that as worse is crazy.

You are forgetting that Gordon is a three time offender in the drug program and Rice has been a good boy other than dropping his woman like a cold turkey leg. I still agree with you that Rice got of way to easy, but I also think that Gordon should have gotten one of the indefinite suspensions like Odell got, when he had three strikes on him.

I guess it just depends on how you view weed.

I don't personally smoke and don't care to be around it, but i'm not all crazy about how evil it is either.

It's not like weed is a performance enhancing drug, unless you are talking about how quickly they can demolish a bag of Funyuns.

Now that sh*t is impressive. Family size bag ?? What ?!?! That's the best you've got ??? GONE !!!

I don't personally smoke and don't care to be around it, but i'm not all crazy about how evil it is either.

It's not like weed is a performance enhancing drug, unless you are talking about how quickly they can demolish a bag of Funyuns.

Now that sh*t is impressive. Family size bag ?? What ?!?! That's the best you've got ??? GONE !!!

I agree, weed should be regulated not outlawed. it is no worse than alcohol. The reason he got his year was three offenses to one for Rice.

I agree, weed should be regulated not outlawed. it is no worse than alcohol. The reason he got his year was three offenses to one for Rice.

Oh, I get that this is like his 3rd time with the whole weed thing, but I still don't equate it the same way.

He got caught with weed in his system at least 3 times. That might make him stupid, but that's it.

Rice knocked his wife the f*ck out and it was caught on video. Unreal to me.

Again, I don't condone the use of weed, but if they did legalize it and tax it to no end, the national debt would be erased in a handful of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like today it actually will get better for Browns fans: reports are that once the new drug policy is approved (probably today), Josh Gordon's suspension will be reduced to eight games. That means he will return Nov. 10 to play against...Cincinnati. They will have him for both Bengals game and one Ravens game. Pitt misses him completely.

Oh well. In the meantime, remember kids: smoke a joint, lose eight games. Punch a woman, lose six.

Well, looks like today it actually will get better for Browns fans: reports are that once the new drug policy is approved (probably today), Josh Gordon's suspension will be reduced to eight games. That means he will return Nov. 10 to play against...Cincinnati. They will have him for both Bengals game and one Ravens game. Pitt misses him completely.

Oh well. In the meantime, remember kids: smoke a joint, lose eight games. Punch a woman, lose six.

Smoke a joint and get caught three times get 8 games.