And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

Davone Bess is a piece of work.

MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davone Bess has been arrested in Florida on charges of assaulting a law enforcement officer at an airport.

Broward Sheriff's Office records show Bess, 28, was arrested early Friday after acting erratically and confronting an officer at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. It wasn't clear if Bess, who was released from jail at 10:35 a.m., had a lawyer.

A sheriff's report stated Bess seemed to be "under the influence of an unknown narcotic." It also said the receiver was "looking through" the officer as they talked.

Bess was "acting irrationally, dancing, singing with his pants repeatedly falling down," the report said.

At one point, Bess grabbed a cup of coffee that was not his and squeezed it, spraying coffee on the officer. Bess then took a "fighting stance" and the officer hit him on the leg with a baton. The report says Bess removed his shirt and stayed in the stance. He dropped to the ground when more officers arrived.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me there is security camera footage of this.

• 4 weeks later...

The factory of sadness keeps churning out product:

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10435830/cleveland-browns-overhaul-front-office-name-ray-farmer-new-gm

Wait...let me see if I have this straight: the guys who fired the old coach and hired a new coach have now themselves been fired?

What a clusterf**k.

Jason Cole on the moves:

Banner/Lombardi failed to deliver on promises made about who they would be able get after firing Chud. Sunk themselves.

So...they ended up hiring a coach they didn't want, got fired, now the new GM is stuck with a coach even the former guys didn't want...yeah, this will end well.

The Donner Party reference is fantastically apt...

So get excited that the two guys who couldn't get the coach the owner wanted, but made a hire anyway, are cut lose and the new regime will have to deal with it ?? Yeah, put me in the camp that thinks that sucks balls. Would've been batter off to see 2014 out and do it all again after the season. It's going to happen anyway.

When Mike Brown's oxcart falls in the ditch, he spends 2+ decades dodderingly working it out.

Up in Cleveland, when the oxcart falls in the ditch it turns into the Donner Party. :blink:/>

Holy shit. LMAO. As someone above stated, if they can just now fire the coach they never used, the whole thing will devolve into a tsunami of fail.

• 2 weeks later...

And all the chaos is having the expected result: players running for the hills. It appears that D'Quell Jackson's departure was due at least in part to the firing of Chud, which Jackson was unhappy about.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/4261/money-instability-led-to-jacksons-release

I don't know what to make of what they are doing up there.

There isn't another franchise that is even close to making you shake your head as much as the Browns do.

Schaub hasn't done much recently, but he could use a change of scenery for real.

I don't know if that will be the answer, but just acknowledging that aspect.

Well, I guess you could look at their moves a couple of ways.

#1. They just traded out Ward and Jackson for Whitner and Dansby.

#2. They added veteran players to their defense that needs some direction.

You could argue that they didn't win much with Ward and Jackson, so maybe a change was needed in that regard.

Time will tell if getting older in those areas was the right way to go.