Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

OFFENSE

11 Dane Sanzenbacher, *16 Andrew Hawkins, 19 Brandon Tate,

Offensive line (9): 77 Andrew Whitworth (T), 65 Clint Boling (G), 64 Kyle Cook ©, 68 Kevin Zeitler (G), 71 Andre Smith (T), 73 Anthony Collins (T), 66 Trevor Robinson (C/G), 67 Mike Pollak (G), 72 Tanner Hawkinson (T/G)

Rollands Gone,Yesssssssssssssssssssssss! :P/> would make me happy.

DEFENSE

Defensive line (9): 94 Domata Peko (DT), 97 Geno Atkins (DT), 96 Carlos Dunlap (DE), 93 Michael Johnson (DE), 95 Wallace Gilberry (DE), 91 Robert Geathers (DE), 75 Devon Still (DT), 98 Brandon Thompson (DT), 99 Margus Hunt (DE)

Damn we do gotta go 9 Linemen no one we can cut,Here i was hoping moch would make it.

Really not surprised since only positions really up for grab are like last spot at RB,Last spot at LB I would prefer keep charles over Alex Smith though.

Even if we keep connors.

OFFENSE

11 Dane Sanzenbacher, *16 Andrew Hawkins, 19 Brandon Tate,

Offensive line (9): 77 Andrew Whitworth (T), 65 Clint Boling (G), 64 Kyle Cook ©, 68 Kevin Zeitler (G), 71 Andre Smith (T), 73 Anthony Collins (T), 66 Trevor Robinson (C/G), 67 Mike Pollak (G), 72 Tanner Hawkinson (T/G)

Rollands Gone,Yesssssssssssssssssssssss! :P/>/> would make me happy.

But the guy replacing him was only able to do 11 reps at the combine - less than many wrs, safeties, and corners

I too would prefer to keep Orson over Alex as TE3

Dan Coats was going to re-institute the H-back position and that never happened. Andy will not have all day to check down three or four deep so I don't see Charles getting many receptions.

Problem was Coats was never a secret weapon,unless ment when he helped the other teams by being frakin terrible.

I think they'll scout the waiver wire for a better 5th cb, and i think they bring Shaffer back when they put Hawkins on Recallable IR

5th cb or 6th? ghee I thought played fine this offseason but again staying healthy is the hard part.

Yeah, it's kind of a raw deal for Charles but I'm leaning toward Connor as well. I don't doubt that someone will scoop Orson off waivers, tho, so he'll get another chance. I just hope it isn't in the division.

I sure hope they explore trading Charles before they cut him. There are a lot of teams looking for TE and you don't have to look further than our own division

In regards to the Charles as an H-Back option. I still think that's trying to get to smart for your own good.

I don't see a team in the AFCN, who wants to establish the run, giving up the only true FB they have left on the roster.

Not only that, a VERY good FB that absolutely demolishes rushers, stoning them cold.

Seriously, go back and watch those games (if you have them on DVR). Connor is brutal.

Again, no need to outthink yourself on this one.

In regards to the Charles as an H-Back option. I still think that's trying to get to smart for your own good.

I don't see a team in the AFCN, who wants to establish the run, giving up the only true FB they have left on the roster.

Not only that, a VERY good FB that absolutely demolishes rushers, stoning them cold.

Seriously, go back and watch those games (if you have them on DVR). Connor is brutal.

Thats why I would make Charles 3rd TE/2nd FB also,Gresham has been a fine blocker eifert is looking good well blocking no point carrying a blocking only TE in alex smith IMO and If Eifert or Gresham go down you have someone with closer skillset to them in charles then you do smith.

Thats why I would make Charles 3rd TE/2nd FB also,Gresham has been a fine blocker eifert is looking good well blocking no point carrying a blocking only TE in alex smith IMO and If Eifert or Gresham go down you have someone with closer skillset to them in charles then you do smith.

I don't know if the coaches agree with me but the way I see it is that this does not come down to Charles vs Conner. It's Charles vs Alex Smith. Is Smith really that much superior as a blocker?

However they see it, I see it as:

Connor over Charles for the FB spot

Charles over Smith for the 3rd TE spot

Charles as the 3rd TE while keeping Connor just seems to make good sense to me.

You keep your true hardnosed FB and get a 3rd TE that can fill in for Gresham and Eifert as well as run plays from that H-back thought process.

I really won't understand keeping Smith and Charles being let go.

If that is the case, I agree with the thought of trying to trade him before just letting him go to the Ravens or Steelers.

That would just piss me off. Smith ?? Not so much.

I don't get the Alex Smith love they seem to have. If they're worried about experience they have Gresham and Charles isn't exactly a noob.

If things shake out like Reedy thinks I could see Charles coming back after they IR/recall Hawk, but that assumes he doesn't get claimed, and I think he will.

Hobs was on Lance the other night and said that ASmith is a lot like Reggie Kelly was. He is a veteran-father figure type that the younger guys look up to. Maybe that's what they value more than just football skills, especially with such a young team.

I don't get the Alex Smith love they seem to have. If they're worried about experience they have Gresham and Charles isn't exactly a noob.

If things shake out like Reedy thinks I could see Charles coming back after they IR/recall Hawk, but that assumes he doesn't get claimed, and I think he will.

Hobs was on Lance the other night and said that ASmith is a lot like Reggie Kelly was. He is a veteran-father figure type that the younger guys look up to. Maybe that's what they value more than just football skills, especially with such a young team.

I dont care if he cured Mother Theresa's herpes, I want the upside potential of Charles over the known below average TE that Smith is.

To bring the conversation of Connor vs. Charles back up, did you all see the block Connor threw to seal Gio's TD run from a yard out ??

That is exactly the reason I want to see Connor make this team. He's a traditional FB who likes to hand out big blocks.

Those blocks will help the running game GREATLY.

I still want Charles as the 3rd TE though.

To bring the conversation of Connor vs. Charles back up, did you all see the block Connor threw to seal Gio's TD run from a yard out ??

That is exactly the reason I want to see Connor make this team. He's a traditional FB who likes to hand out big blocks.

Those blocks will help the running game GREATLY.

I still want Charles as the 3rd TE though.

agreed army Connor is perfect for the running game when comes to Smash Mouth football that Marv and Co wanna do in AFCN,Where Charles I see only really playing FB in a no huddle package...I don't mind Smith but with how coach's praise Greshams and eiferts blocking I don't see the need for him.

It's a good thing we have Whitworth who is like father figure,I thought we moved passed the days of our crappyness where we stopped keeping niceguys who could no longer play and With Smith not catching single pass in preseason all he is is glorified 6th linemen and thats why we have Rollands....

Per LaCanfora, Lamur is done for the season. :(/>

Yep and I'm officially bummed out! Rey M probably going to play Nickle again with Burfict. Well I guess TE and RB will be able to catch anything they want. I'm really upset about this, one of the worst guys we could have lost.

Per LaCanfora, Lamur is done for the season. sad.gif/>

Yep and I'm officially bummed out! Rey M probably going to play Nickle again with Burfict. Well I guess TE and RB will be able to catch anything they want. I'm really upset about this, one of the worst guys we could have lost.

I'm bummed too, but one of the worst guys we could have lost? Hardly.

I still say we've been quite lucky with injuries this offseason.

Per LaCanfora, Lamur is done for the season. sad.gif/>

I'm bummed too, but one of the worst guys we could have lost? Hardly.

I still say we've been quite lucky with injuries this offseason.

At the LB position I think so. Lamur was the fastest and best guy in coverage that they had. I'm sorry I don't see another guy on this team right now, who could play Nickle LB like Lamur could.

I think we can scratch DeQuin Evans. NFL just announced he is suspended 8 games for PEDs. Second offense, first suspension was in 2011.

I read elsewhere that this is (ironically) actually a kinda good thing, as

1) a suspended player does not count against the 53

2) so the bengals can leave him on the roster and make a decision after 8 weeks - if they need a DE/LB at that point, they have him under contract

so now they dont have to expose the guy to waivers

At the LB position I think so. Lamur was the fastest and best guy in coverage that they had. I'm sorry I don't see another guy on this team right now, who could play Nickle LB like Lamur could.

I get your point - I like Lamur too - but who would you rather lose for the season - Lamur or Burfict?

fwiw, I'd rather have Burfict if I had to choose one to stay and one to be gone

Regardless of your answer, yes, this is a big blow to the defense but not as big as losing Geno, for example

I get your point - I like Lamur too - but who would you rather lose for the season - Lamur or Burfict?

fwiw, I'd rather have Burfict if I had to choose one to stay and one to be gone

Regardless of your answer, yes, this is a big blow to the defense but not as big as losing Geno, for example

I get that, but when it comes to Nickle defense which the bengals play more of that then anything, Lamur was the best cover LB we had. Once again TE and RB will be running free uncovered. What other LB on this team is going to cover, I really don't see one at this point. I just don't want to see Rey out there as a 3 down LB on Nickle downs.

So yes he is not the worst guy to lose, but as the main Nickle LB I think so.