the simpson/collins large scale pot thing

membengal

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the original story for the 2 people living under a rock who haven't seen it.

/>http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/calif-marijuana-shipment-tracked-nfl-players-home-12698

We were just talking about this on the CJ blog radio show tonight. If this is true then Simpson is the dumbest mother****** on the face of the earth.

Let the jokes begin again...sigh.

Here's the original story for the 2 people living under a rock who haven't seen it.

/>http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/calif-marijuana-shipment-tracked-nfl-players-home-12698

We were just talking about this on the CJ blog radio show tonight. If this is true then Simpson is the dumbest mother****** on the face of the earth.

Let the jokes begin again...sigh.

Oh f**k... <_<

All this time Simpson was trying to make a name for himself here, and he finally gets his chance to shine and he does this....wow how freakin stupid!!

I just dont understand it, i mean i dont know the guy but he really dosnt seem like someone get have that much pot, or any pot for that matter! He said it was a rumor, but who the hell knows anymore.

Just when i thought the drama was over.......

I wonder how much he will suck this weekend, if this crap is on his mind. They did say he did practice today so who knows anymore.

Enquirer:

CRESTVIEW HILLS – Authorities swooped in after a package containing 2.5 pounds of California marijuana was allegedly delivered to the home where a Cincinnati Bengals player lives – and investigators found six more pounds of pot inside the home, says Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice.

She said Bengals teammates Jerome Simpson and Anthony Collins were present when a woman, identified as Aleen Smith, 27, accepted the package on Tuesday.

Authorities detained Simpson and Collins, and Simpson told police that he lived at the residence and gave officers consent to search the premises, Gregory said.

During the search, officers found about six more pounds of pot, Gregory said, which was seized along with related items such as “packaging materials, scales, and smoking devices.”

Gregory said neither player was arrested and, as of Wednesday, authorities were still trying to figure out what agency could handle a possible prosecution.

More...

CRESTVIEW HILLS, KY (FOX19) - Police in California and Northern Kentucky are investigating a shipment of marijuana that ended up at the Crestview home owned by Bengal Jerome Simpson, where he lives with teammate Anthony Collins.

Authorities in California spotted a package from a marijuana-distributing region of that state that was addressed to Simpson's home, which they say contained about two and a half pounds of marijuana, possibly worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

They let the package continue its journey so they could see what happened with it, and contacted the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport police. Airport spokesperson Barb Schempf says the police completed the delivery to Simpson's home; he was there at the time. They then asked him for permission to search the home, which he granted. Michelle Gregory, press information officer for the California Department of Justice, says they found 6 more pounds of marijuana in the home, along with materials to distribute it.

No one has been arrested, though Gregory says Simpson and Collins were interviewed. They are continuing to talk to other police agencies and discuss who will investigate further and handle the prosecution. She says it very well could be a federal case, though local police could possible handle it.

Simpson is a wide receiver, and Collins is an offensive lineman.

They say they are looking at some people on the California end as well, but don't know how many people are involved there.

/>http://www.fox19.com/story/15519843/police-find-pot-at-home-of-bengals-jerome-simpson-and-anthony-collins

Why would Simpson say sure check my house, when he had 6 more pounds of pot in his house?? Something dosnt seem right, not that he or Collins didnt do this, but what the heck. Why ok something if there is all that pot in your house and you know they will find it??

Always something with this team, all the drama was gone they moved forward, and now this. This is the last thing this team needs, no wonder why they can never be good, not a year goes by where drama dosnt over shadow this team!!!

Quite the enterprising set of back-ups. See Marvin, if you have played him before late last year, he'd probably have been so busy he'd not have time for his Mary Jane business...

I will not be one bit surprised if it is all true, nor will I be surprised if it is all on the woman.

Apparently his Twitter page is gone now?

If the report is true they found 6 pounds of pot in HIS house - he's done. It's either totally false or it's completely true.

So they would lose Shipley and Simpson for the year (and Simpson forever most likely).

Not sure how they recover from that right now...and God forbid they spend some $ on a (good) FA WR instead of drafting yet another one in the first two rounds again.

Losing Collins as depth isn't anything to sneeze at either, considering how the line has played so far this year.

I guess this what you get when you draft/sign idiots time and time again - you get burned. More than old.

Just a thought, but maybe at some point Mike Brown needs to hire a private investigator to follow some of his players around and protect his investments?

He won't hire a GM. Why the hell would he hire a private detective?

I wouldn't be so quick to write off anyone's year, yet alone their career. Jamal Lewis was caught trying to sell cocaine, something they prosecute much more seriously and he didn't even get suspended as I recall. Obviously we have a different commissioner and all but no one's going to get a lifetime ban for pot.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off anyone's year, yet alone their career. Jamal Lewis was caught trying to sell cocaine, something they prosecute much more seriously and he didn't even get suspended as I recall. Obviously we have a different commissioner and all but no one's going to get a lifetime ban for pot.

If I recall, Jamal Lewis was arrested for "conspiring" to distribute cocaine. He was never found to be possessing it and he still served several months in prison.