49ers sign Donte Whitner

w8th

Well, well, well.

Taylor Mays, anyone?

49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays.

/>http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/99200697609879552

A couple hours too late. Whitner fills the role of a run stopping safety with questionable coverage skills... and with 140 tackles last year, Whitner is far more proven.

Actually derek it doesn't look that way...we got topped. Which explains why they are trying to deal mays.

Former Bills S Donte Whitner did NOT go to Cincinnati. He agreed to a 3-year, $11.75 million deal with $4 million gtd with the 49ERS.

/>http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/99224158663225346

Actually derek it doesn't look that way...we got topped. Which explains why they are trying to deal mays.

Former Bills S Donte Whitner did NOT go to Cincinnati. He agreed to a 3-year, $11.75 million deal with $4 million gtd with the 49ERS.

/>http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/99224158663225346

WTF?

WTF?

Maybe Mike Brown wanted to sleep on it?

Oh well. Sapped again.

How about that 5 and 6 we got for Chad for Mays?

As derek said, something fishy there, not sure I'd be thrilled with that.

Whitner wrote on his twitter Who Dey!!!, then turns around and changes his mind LOL LOL. Seems like Whitner is a great guy LOL LOL. He agreed to join the bengals, then right at the end the 49ers came in and gave him another year and more money, guess Mike never got to try to give him more even if he wanted too. LOL wow what a joke

Whitner wrote on his twitter Who Dey!!!, then turns around and changes his mind LOL LOL. Seems like Whitner is a great guy LOL LOL. He agreed to join the bengals, then right at the end the 49ers came in and gave him another year and more money, guess Mike never got to try to give him more even if he wanted too. LOL wow what a joke

Works for me rather have Mayes :> "fingers crossed"

Works for me rather have Mayes :> "fingers crossed"

SF had Mays for a year and they want to trade him. Doesn't that make you question his skills in the slightest?

Whitner: hey man, this is Donte, ok, look, this is good money, but seriously, the Bengals? C'mon man

Agent: well, it was the best I could get you

Whitner: You gotta get something else. Seriously. The Bengals? You kidding me. Whodey brother. You killin me, man.

Agent: Well, you wanted a shorter contract, remember? The Bengals were willing to go short.

Whitner: who else you talk to man?

Agent: The 9ers were interested but they needed at least 3 years

Whitner: You ain't locked me into Si-freakin-beria yet right? Nothing signed?

Agent: nope, Katie hasn't even sent me the coach class ticket info yet. She did say there's be a layover in Minnesota

Whitner: screw that bull man. Call the Niners and get me a three-er. Shoot. The Bengals, who-freakin-dey. Shoot.

Agent: call you back in a few

Seems like Whitner went back on his verbal commitment. Weak all around.

He did he agreed to come to the Bengals, he even wrote Who Dey after he decided to join the Bengals. Well the 49ers must have found out he agreed to join, and deceided to offer him more money and another year to join them. Makes me wonder if they even gave Mike a chance to top it, or if he just said screw the Bengals im just going to join a org. who will probably have less wins then the bengals!! Yep Donte seems like a real prick, i guess its so true its all about the money. Whitner should have kept his mouth shut till he got to cinci to sign.