Muckelroy Ruptures Achilles

HoosierCat

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Saturday-update-Bengals-stay-home-for-CB-Clements-Muckelroy-ruptures-Achilles-Smith-agent-upbeat/741c90da-6b59-4434-8bf2-729faf93f950

MUCKELROY RUPTURES ACHILLES: The depleted Bengals' linebacking corps took a major hit Saturday when promising second-year player Roddrick Muckelroy ruptured his Achilles' tendon in the first 15 minutes of practice. He appeared to be just shuffling through a drill whe he went down. With WILL linebacker Keith Rivers in a cast after wrist surgery and WILL backup Brandon Johnson unsigned, Muckelroy may have been ticketed for as starting spot. One alternative could be going after Dhani Jones.

@#$%

I had high hopes for Muckelroy. This whole thing makes me sick.

He also had one of the best NFL names ever. Unfortunately, the name Roddrick Muckelroy sounds so much like Ruptured Achilles that this injury was really inevitable.

time to call Stewart Bradley.

Bradley already signed with the Cardinals. The following LBs are still available as UFAs:Stephen Tulloch.Channing Crowder.Manny Lawson.Kirk Morrison.Rocky McIntosh.Ernie sims. Not to mention Dhani Jones and Brandon Johnson. Oh yeah...Abdul Hodge.

I'd like them to look at Lawson and Sims.

Sims had an injury issue (knee or Achilles), can't recall.

Lawson is like Brandon Johnson, tall and rangy, always makes plays but never gets the praise.

Sucks for Muckleroy... snakebit again, have not even had a day to practice. Maybe the upside is the new medical staff might be competent enough to get him back by this time next year.

I expect Dhani to be re-signed. I would just want him for backup purposes or spot duty (in case of injury). Obviously he knows the Defense having played the Middle for the Bengals, but also has experience playing WILL with the Giants..........I like Dhani Jones, and honestly, the only thing I don't like about him, is that the Bengals won't start Maualuga in the middle because of him.........I mean, he's dependable, but..............

I expect Dhani to be re-signed. I would just want him for backup purposes or spot duty (in case of injury). Obviously he knows the Defense having played the Middle for the Bengals, but also has experience playing WILL with the Giants..........I like Dhani Jones, and honestly, the only thing I don't like about him, is that the Bengals won't start Maualuga in the middle because of him.........I mean, he's dependable, but..............

Rey is starting in the middle now, and i cant wait!!