QB question/Dalton

My opinion: I don’t want Palmer back because he quit on us! He might have even quit on us during last season. Can’t remember any other year where he threw into triple coverage! Seemed like that occurred a lot last season! However here is the question: What happens (if we have a season) if Palmer decides to show up and play? Is he our number one QB or do the Bengals make him compete for the starting position?

I don’t think he’ll return but if he does. I hope the Bengals make a statement and make him work for the starting position. I’m not saying Dalton is ready to start but I do feel that he deserve to compete for the starting position!

Going to be interesting if Chad shows up too! He’ll have to compete against Green! I do like our receiving corp now. Green, Shipley, Simpson, Chad (If he’s back), then we have Gresham, and Kelly at TE!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think carson will show up now that he knows hes being replaced, he's got too much money to make. unfortunately for us im not sure if we will see dalton this season. chads gone tho.

There is no way in hell that Carson will ever again take a snap behind center for Cincinnati.

I want Dalton to be great, ive liked him at TCU, and i love his leadership something im not sure Carson had much of. However im not sure i want Dalton to start this year, i like the idea of having somebody like Hasselback or another ageing vet who is familar with the WCO to come in and teach Dalton, let him learn. I do feel like Dalton can be special for this team!

I dont know who said he dosnt have arm strength, but that is bull, what the games he has played he might not have Carson arm strength, but he does have a big arm and can throw it deep. What i love about his passes, is they are on the money! He also played his best games, in his biggest games something this team needs.

Marvin and Jay both said he can start for this team, while im not a fan of the idea, if they think hes ready then i guess he will be, they know more then me LOL

I seriously want Carson to stay gone and not come within 5 states of this team. Stay the f*ck away bitch !!!

I don't really have concerns with Jordan getting a shot, but if we are talking about having Dalton sit, I'd rather him sit behind a seasoned vet that can actually teach him something about playing in a game. Hasselbeck wouldn't bother me in the least. While he may not be the physical QB that will lead us to the playoffs, but he's very intelligent and knows the ins and outs of the game. He probably won't come here though, but that's what I'm thinking.

I seriously want Carson to stay gone and not come within 5 states of this team. Stay the f*ck away bitch !!!

I don't really have concerns with Jordan getting a shot, but if we are talking about having Dalton sit, I'd rather him sit behind a seasoned vet that can actually teach him something about playing in a game. Hasselbeck wouldn't bother me in the least. While he may not be the physical QB that will lead us to the playoffs, but he's very intelligent and knows the ins and outs of the game. He probably won't come here though, but that's what I'm thinking.

I don't see Hasselbeck leaving Seattle to come here. He'd be in a better situation there. I look for him to go somewhere in the NFC West

Palmer isn't coming back. The only real question to answer is whether the Bengals find a Kitna-type stopgap for this year while Dalton learns the ropes, or if they just throw Andy straight into the fire. I'm leaning toward "fire" myself but I expect they'll go in the other direction.

Palmer isn't coming back. The only real question to answer is whether the Bengals find a Kitna-type stopgap for this year while Dalton learns the ropes, or if they just throw Andy straight into the fire. I'm leaning toward "fire" myself but I expect they'll go in the other direction.

I don't see it with the lockout, unless something changes rapidly. I'm also not liking his chances learning on his feet (or his back, more likely) behind the current O-line.

Best case scenario: limp along for a while with somebody else starting. Start easing Dalton in perhaps a couple series a game, with the goal of giving him the keys around week 8.

I hope he starts right away, pending a CBA gets worked out and has some time to learn the offense. From everything the coaches say, he is ready to play, and this team needs a fresh start. Also, from all reports of his high character, he would be able to learn from failure and improve from it. He's not a Ryan Leaf type with the mental/emotional maturity of a 6 yr old.

Start him right away. They are going to lose anyway. Let's lose while he learns, at least then the losing has some longer upside. As opposed to last year, when the losing was simply cruelty heaped upon cruelty while hopes and dreams died.

How much does Carson's "wasted year" in 2003 enter into their plans for Dalton. I have to think somewhere that ML (and even MB) might have kicked themselves at some point for sitting Carson the entire 2003 season in favor of Kitna. Even though he learned, etc. in hindsight it was a wasted year. I know their unexpected finish kept Palmer from getting any playing time but I'm certain they wish they would have played him sooner that season. So now is a chance to start over 8 years later and perhaps go a different route this time.

If the lockout is lifted, I wonder about the possibility if trading Palmer for Hasselbeck. Is he a free agent? That would help both teams although I would like to see us load up on draft picks and have the freedom to move around the board like other seems to do with ease.

Carson Palmer now that we have his replacement

/>http://comedians.jokes.com/daniel-tosh/videos/daniel-tosh---brett-favre-retirement/ = this

How much does Carson's "wasted year" in 2003 enter into their plans for Dalton. I

I think it factors in alot,Marvin has 1 probably 2 years left he needs get Dalton Experiance if he starts Dalton this year pretty much has a pass for next season...Unless we end up with first pick where we can select Andrew Luck.

My opinion: I don't want Palmer back because he quit on us! He might have even quit on us during last season. Can't remember any other year where he threw into triple coverage! Seemed like that occurred a lot last season! However here is the question: What happens (if we have a season) if Palmer decides to show up and play? Is he our number one QB or do the Bengals make him compete for the starting position?

If he decides to come back, you have to Start him. You don't make him compete with a 2nd Rd Rookie, because that will only diminish his trade value.

i think carson will show up now that he knows hes being replaced, he's got too much money to make. unfortunately for us im not sure if we will see dalton this season. chads gone tho.

There is no way in hell that Carson will ever again take a snap behind center for Cincinnati.

Got to go with the Meister on this one. I don't see Palmer showing up at all. Don't think we'll hear from him period till he's traded or released.

My opinion: I don't want Palmer back because he quit on us! He might have even quit on us during last season. Can't remember any other year where he threw into triple coverage! Seemed like that occurred a lot last season! However here is the question: What happens (if we have a season) if Palmer decides to show up and play? Is he our number one QB or do the Bengals make him compete for the starting position?

If he decides to come back, you have to Start him.

If he decides to come back, you have to TRADE him.

Not being argumentative with you here Pimp and I agree in theory. My thought is I hate having a guy come back for a one year audition to be traded the following season. I would be leary of how he would interact with Dalton, knowing his position prior to him possibly returning. Sure you could argue about the benefit of Dalton sitting and learning, but it also can't be forgotten that Dalton was a 5th year senior at TCU and while he hasn't had time in our system, should prove to be at least a little more responsible.

F*CK YOU PALMER.

Go to the beach and pound sand up your ass until your teeth are gritty !!!

we drafted dalton to replace palmer no sense in dragging it out. trade palmer and bring in a vet to be dalton's mentor. i think chad and palmer are to far gone to expect them to mentor aj or andy.

Palmer had / has a lot of good qualities. He's never had the opportunity to demonstrate that mentoring was one of them ... & I don't know ... I just don't think thats a role that he would relish at this point in his career.

I think Chad would readily take A.J. under his wing .... I'd be way more worried about exactly what he would be teaching him. Green is making a good first impression and I wouldn't let Chad within a mile of him.

With this lockout Dalton won't be an option. I can't think of a better option than getting Palmer back. Mike should find him. Explain how T.O. and Ocho won't be back. They'll resign Cedric. He can now throw to quiet WR's like AJ Green, Shipley, and Gresham. Just give us 1 more year, and then he'll trade him.

WHY bring Carson back?

I'd rather get a free agent (preferably with West Coast Offense experience) then bring back Carson, the quitter.

I would have a difficult time rooting for the Bengals with Carson at QB.

I'd rather have Dalton start as a rookie -- but I'd prefer an experienced QB (McNabb, even Bulger) for Dalton to learn from.

I like Dalton's attitude and quick release in college. The quick release, however was based on his good understanding of his offense and the defenses. I believe Dalton will be a quick learner and will grasp the WC offense -- the concern will be grasping the defenses.

There is NO way that I want Carson Palmer back in a Bengals uniform.

I don't want Chad, or T.O. back. Yes, Carson has quit on the team. But we need a 1 year gap filler. We aren't going to get McNabb, or Bulger. Favre did the retire/not retire thing. It just seems to make the most sense for all parties involved. Palmer does 1 more year. Actually does good without Chad and T.O. which drives his trade value up, Dalton gets a year to sit and learn, us Bengal fans get an enjoyable 2011 season. Then after the season. We get more value and trade CP to Oakland, Dalton steps right in and leads us to 5 straight Super Bowls.

Win-Win