Interesting stuff from my brother

Dimster28

my brother is a miami fan, and he got this info from one of miami people in forum

Source says the Bengals were indeed planning to grab Thomas with the 2nd pick of 3rd rd. Miami got their guy.

Some late-night "insider" fodder: The Dolphins moved into 2nd rd for Daniel Thomas b/c they suspected Bengals would take him 4 spots later.

Turns out, they were right. Source says the Bengals were indeed planning to grab Thomas with the 2nd pick of 3rd rd. Miami got their guy.

We, Miami, already have a trade set up between Cinn and us. We give you first round and you give us second round and Palmer. All we need to do is wait until lockout is done and new CBA is made and have Palmer agree to play in Miami then we do it.

he also says that whatever cinn pick their two first picks... that is where cinn is also letting go of their players

carson palmer and chad johnson?

MY OWN COMMENT: chad johnson going to miami? will be funny if palmer stuck with chad again lol

That is funny. I had considered Miami as a possible destination for Carson.

As for Chad and Carson, I don't truly feel that is what pushed Carson out of the Tri-state. It was SoP. I thinkCarson and Chad could easily co-exist for a year in Miami, since that is what Chad has left in the tank.

That wouldn't surprise me, but it will depend on Palmer.

I still don't want his ass back here, just move on and cut the cord.

Absolutely. He's done as a Bengal, and in my eyes as an NFL QB! Time for all parties to move on.

That wouldn't surprise me, but it will depend on Palmer.

I still don't want his ass back here, just move on and cut the cord.

Absolutely. He's done as a Bengal, and in my eyes as an NFL QB! Time for all parties to move on.

Thats what has been so awsome about this draft, its like they realize its time to move on! If you dont want to play with the Bengals ok leave we will replace you, and i love that. Finally we can move on from drama and just play football, at least i hope thats whats going to happen

Rosenthal: plenty of teams still need a QB.

Buffalo: It looks like they’ll ride or die with Ryan Fitzpatrick. But coach Chan Gailey says they’ll look to add another QB to the roster.

Arizona: They didn’t take a quarterback, increasing speculation they will go hard after Kevin Kolb. Matt Hasselbeck and Marc Bulger could also be options. John Skelton sits atop the depth chart for now.

49ers: Jim Harbaugh wants to bring Alex Smith back, but it’s uncertain if Smith will want to be the bridge to Colin Kaepernick.

Titans: They surprised everyone by taking Jake Locker. Now they just need a veteran quarterback to play before Locker is ready. Vince Young will be booted, and Kerry Collins is unlikely to be back.

Vikings: Taking Christian Ponder won’t quiet any Donovan McNabb speculation.

Redskins: They surprisingly didn’t show any interest in bringing in a rookie. Would you believe they like John Beck?

Dolphins: They want to give Chad Henne another shot, but also want to give him competition. Look for them to try to acquire Carson Palmer. That could be tough to pull off.

Seahawks: Like the Cardinals, they are a complete mess at the position. They don’t have a youngster or a legitimate veteran. They will try to keep Hasselbeck, but could also compete with the Cards o acquire Kolb.

In short, it remains a seller’s market.

End the lockout. Put Palmer on the block. Let the bidding begin.

Rosenthal: plenty of teams still need a QB.

Buffalo: It looks like theyll ride or die with Ryan Fitzpatrick. But coach Chan Gailey says theyll look to add another QB to the roster.

Arizona: They didnt take a quarterback, increasing speculation they will go hard after Kevin Kolb. Matt Hasselbeck and Marc Bulger could also be options. John Skelton sits atop the depth chart for now.

49ers: Jim Harbaugh wants to bring Alex Smith back, but its uncertain if Smith will want to be the bridge to Colin Kaepernick.

Titans: They surprised everyone by taking Jake Locker. Now they just need a veteran quarterback to play before Locker is ready. Vince Young will be booted, and Kerry Collins is unlikely to be back.

Vikings: Taking Christian Ponder wont quiet any Donovan McNabb speculation.

Redskins: They surprisingly didnt show any interest in bringing in a rookie. Would you believe they like John Beck?

Dolphins: They want to give Chad Henne another shot, but also want to give him competition. Look for them to try to acquire Carson Palmer. That could be tough to pull off.

Seahawks: Like the Cardinals, they are a complete mess at the position. They dont have a youngster or a legitimate veteran. They will try to keep Hasselbeck, but could also compete with the Cards o acquire Kolb.

In short, it remains a sellers market.

End the lockout. Put Palmer on the block. Let the bidding begin.

Probably better to just let him retire than trade him if there is still a salary cap. Then you can use the extra money to re-sign benson, joseph, hall, and jerome simpson who will all be free agents within the next year.

Palmer + Bengals 2012 2nd round pick for Miami's 2012 first round pick = not interested.

No sh*t, that is TERRIBLE !!!

Whenever or IF they decide to shop him, they will get more without having to give up any picks.

We all know Mike Brown is an Idiot, but even he is not stupid enough to pull a trade like that.

Probably better to just let him retire than trade him if there is still a salary cap. Then you can use the extra money to re-sign benson, joseph, hall, and jerome simpson who will all be free agents within the next year.

The Bengals have already amortized all of Carson's bonus money, so there's no cap hit involved in trading him.

Palmer + Bengals 2012 2nd round pick for Miami's 2012 first round pick = not interested.

No sh*t, that is TERRIBLE !!!

Whenever or IF they decide to shop him, they will get more without having to give up any picks.

Indeed more so have wait a full year...so getting a 1st in next years draft really would only be value of a 2nd rounder this year...So if we are trading him I want a 1st & 3rd in next years.

The Bengals have already amortized all of Carson's bonus money, so there's no cap hit involved in trading him.

Really? How does that work - I was under the impression that it was divided equally among each year of the deal.

Incidentally, does that affect their ability to recover any portion of Carson's signing bonus if he retires? Pretty sizable bit of cash, and doing so seems like a total Mike Brown move.

Really? How does that work - I was under the impression that it was divided equally among each year of the deal.

If teams had extra cap space at the end of the year, they could use it up by accelerating bonus money from future years into the current year. That was one reason they did the big $100 million extension on Carson in December of 2005. IIRC they had $5 million in leftover cap space and wanted to get the deal done so part of the signing bonus could be applied to '05.

ncidentally, does that affect their ability to recover any portion of Carson's signing bonus if he retires? Pretty sizable bit of cash, and doing so seems like a total Mike Brown move.

Yeah, as I understand it, since they have already accounted for all the bonus money they can't get any back from Palmer.

More Palmer rumors.

Report: Hasselbeck out, Palmer in as Seahawks QB

Credit: KING 5 Sports

by KING 5 News

Posted on April 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Updated today at 6:53 PM

SEATTLE – Rumors swirled Saturday that quarterback Matt Hasselbeck will not return to the Seattle Seahawks and that he may be replaced with disgruntled Cincinnati Bengals signal caller Carson Palmer, ESPN.com's rumor page is reporting.

Former Seahawks quarterback Trent Dilfer, who reportedly is friends with Hasselbeck, said during ESPN's broadcast of the NFL Draft Saturday that Hasselbeck would not be back in Seattle. Respected Sports Illustrated football insider Peter King relayed Dilfer's statement on Twitter.

Palmer recently threatened to retire if the Bengals did not trade him during the offseason. Two things fueling the speculation that he may come to Seattle is that he played for Pete Carroll at USC and that the Bengals drafted TCU quarterback Andy Dalton on Friday.

According to an ESPN.com column, the Bengals have worked out a deal to send Palmer to Seattle once the lockout ends. That would leave Hasselbeck, a free agent, out on the open market.

I'd love to see it. Rob the Seahawks of a first round pick for Palmer, then we sign Hasselback as vet starter/mentor for the Horned Frog. We essentially trade aging vets on the downhill side, and we get their 2012 first round pick.

there is only 1 team i would trade palmer to. it's the cardinals that's it f**k pete and the seahawks. you know that's what palmer wants and in no way shape or form would i cater to any of carson desires. give me wells and cards first next year and they could have carson other that f**k him and let him rott in retirement!

I'd love to see it. Rob the Seahawks of a first round pick for Palmer, then we sign Hasselback as vet starter/mentor for the Horned Frog. We essentially trade aging vets on the downhill side, and we get their 2012 first round pick.

I agree with trading Palmer and then grabbing Hasselback to mentor for a season. There are worse options **cough** Alex Smith**cough**.

What I will oppose is if we only get their first round pick and nothing more.

You are talking about giving up a better than average (yes, I said it) QB that would make the Seahawks favorites to go back to the playoffs this season, while we get nothing immediate on the deal. There would have to be a sweetener in the deal. Something like, next years 1st and 4th. If Palmer makes the pro bowl, a 1st and 3rd. If Palmer takes them to the playoffs, a 1st and 2nd. Something along those lines.

The reason I say that is, while some may regard Seattle as a bad team and expect a high draft pick based on their finish this season, I again think Palmer takes them to the playoffs and the pick immediately drops in value. Heck, that division is so freaking weak, they went to the playoffs with a crap record.

Look no further than the majority of analysts these past few days. Most made comments about the Palmer situation and since some of the QB needy teams didn't address thier need, the Bengals stood to cash in pretty big. There were also comments about Palmer being able to net more than Kolb. While I might disagree to a degree, it was an interesting point.

I agree with trading Palmer and then grabbing Hasselback to mentor for a season. There are worse options **cough** Alex Smith**cough**.

What I will oppose is if we only get their first round pick and nothing more.

You are talking about giving up a better than average (yes, I said it) QB that would make the Seahawks favorites to go back to the playoffs this season, while we get nothing immediate on the deal. There would have to be a sweetener in the deal. Something like, next years 1st and 4th. If Palmer makes the pro bowl, a 1st and 3rd. If Palmer takes them to the playoffs, a 1st and 2nd. Something along those lines.

The reason I say that is, while some may regard Seattle as a bad team and expect a high draft pick based on their finish this season, I again think Palmer takes them to the playoffs and the pick immediately drops in value. Heck, that division is so freaking weak, they went to the playoffs with a crap record.

Look no further than the majority of analysts these past few days. Most made comments about the Palmer situation and since some of the QB needy teams didn't address thier need, the Bengals stood to cash in pretty big. There were also comments about Palmer being able to net more than Kolb. While I might disagree to a degree, it was an interesting point.

Agree 100%

Here's the espn "insider" item, courtesy of old over at go-bengals:

UPDATE: Sports Illustrated's Peter King's top five destinations for (apparently former) Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, in order: 1) Arizona Cardinals, 2) Tennessee Titans, 3) Minnesota Vikings, 4) San Francisco 49ers, 5) Miami Dolphins. King added that Hasselbeck's first option would probably be to go to San Francisco.---

Sports Illustrated's Peter King just Tweeted the following: "[Trent Dilfer] on ESPN: 'Matthew Hasselbeck is not going back' to Seattle."

Hasselbeck will be a free agent whenever the lockout ends. Dilfer and Hasselbeck became friends when they played on the Seattle Seahawks together in the early part of last decade.

Hasselbeck's free agency, Dilfer's credibility on Hasselbeck-related news, and King's Tweet are the only facts in this story right now. What you are about to read is based entirely on speculation.

The Cincinnati Bengals, having drafted Carson Palmer's replacement in TCU quarterback Andy Dalton, have backed down on their stand to let Palmer retire rather than trade him. They've worked out a deal to send Palmer to Seattle, reuniting him with his USC coach Pete Carroll. Carroll and the Seahawks, then, would have no need for Hasselbeck, at least not enough to win a bidding war for the quarterback on the open market.

If all that is true, where would Hasselbeck end up? The Arizona Cardinals are the most obvious option, a team that at this point in the draft still has a gaping hole at quarterback. Other teams that have drafted young quarterbacks -- including the Tennessee Titans, Carolina Panthers, and, ironically, the Bengals -- may also be looking for a veteran to mentor their new talents.