Anyone else sick of being treated like a sheep?

walzav29

I am annoyed by the arrogance and lack of urgency in regards to getting a deal done. I want to see how many fans I can get together and what we can do from our side. I've heard that the owners have prepared for a lockout. How arrogant is that? They can cancel a season and who cares? The sheep will be there the following year with a ticket in one hand and a 12 dollar beer in the other? Right now I'm thinking of no one pays for the Sunday Ticket and no one buys merchandise. I will keep you informed if your interested. The group is called F.A.L.L Fans Against Looming Lockout

I am annoyed by the arrogance and lack of urgency in regards to getting a deal done. I want to see how many fans I can get together and what we can do from our side. I've heard that the owners have prepared for a lockout. How arrogant is that? They can cancel a season and who cares? The sheep will be there the following year with a ticket in one hand and a 12 dollar beer in the other? Right now I'm thinking of no one pays for the Sunday Ticket and no one buys merchandise. I will keep you informed if your interested. The group is called F.A.L.L Fans Against Looming Lockout

I'm more annoyed with the players union, not being willing to give on any issue. The players are well compensated for thier time and dont seem the least bit interested in compromising. It is a two way street.

The problem is that a fan that loves the NFL enough to join a group like FALL isn't the kind of fan that presents any real risk to the NFL.

A fan like that can't provide heat, because the owners and players alike know that you'll be back after a lockout, no matter how long it is. They know you'll be there waiting for more football once it comes back.

Let's be real. The NFL is king. This isn't hockey or baseball where fringe fans will be so outraged by a work stoppage that it will have a long term effect on the financial viability of the league.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade... but what the fans have to say on this matter just doesn't carry much weight, because the NFL knows you're not going anywhere.

When is the last time you can remember the federal government actually helping any situation?

I'm just ecstatic that a 9 billion dollar business with executives on both sides making millions cant find a way to speak to each other, and feel the need to spend OUR TAXPAYER dollars instead of their own on resolving how to divide a ridiculously huge pile of money

I love the NFL! Love the Bengals. It's my most favorite sport to watch. But if there is a lock out, and we don't have the NFL season in 2011, there is always college football. They might not be pros, but there are some hits and there are some great players to watch. Not sure how the Buckeyes will do this season with all the guys suspended, but there will be football.

The problem is that a fan that loves the NFL enough to join a group like FALL isn't the kind of fan that presents any real risk to the NFL.

A fan like that can't provide heat, because the owners and players alike know that you'll be back after a lockout, no matter how long it is. They know you'll be there waiting for more football once it comes back.

Let's be real. The NFL is king. This isn't hockey or baseball where fringe fans will be so outraged by a work stoppage that it will have a long term effect on the financial viability of the league.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade... but what the fans have to say on this matter just doesn't carry much weight, because the NFL knows you're not going anywhere.

If we get enough people (which is completely possible) we can cause issues. Imagine 200,000 people calling team headquarters, no one buys Sunday ticket or merchandise. Those are just thoughts. There is more that can be done. I'm only suggesting they work to get a deal done. What will it hurt to join? Just go to facebook and type Fans Against Looming Lockout and join! This is something all football fans are in agreement about. This isn't political and I'm not taking sides.

The owners are ready for a lockout. In fact they kind of planned it. They opted out of the CBA. The last tv contract, they negotiated a clause that entitles them to be paid by the networks even in the event of a lockout. Yep, they get paid even if they don't provide any programming, and I think the amount was 4 billion for the season.

That's their tv money with no outlay for labor. Think the owners care about a lockout? They want a lockout, they want to reduce the share of revenue going to the players.

While it is true that the NFL is popular on an almost crazy level, nothing stays the same. The owners, especially if a two year lockout takes place, might just be surprised at the backlash.

Personally, I don't think the players will make it to a second lockout season. No way do they have the discipline, and they aren't getting paid while the owners are? Easy to see who will win this battle.

The players union already filed a complaint, claiming the owners gave up tv revenue (which the players share) in exchange for the clause giving them their money in case of a strike year. No doubt this is true, as a clause like that doesn't come for free. My understanding is the players lost that complaint.

If we get enough people (which is completely possible) we can cause issues. Imagine 200,000 people calling team headquarters, no one buys Sunday ticket or merchandise. Those are just thoughts. There is more that can be done. I'm only suggesting they work to get a deal done. What will it hurt to join? Just go to facebook and type Fans Against Looming Lockout and join! This is something all football fans are in agreement about. This isn't political and I'm not taking sides.

Right. There's always the possibility of that happening. What he's saying is that for this to work you would need the most passionate fans...the same fans that will switch right back to watching football, purchasing Sunday Ticket, merchandise, etc. The fans that really will walk away...will just walk away.

It's kind of like those crazy women on Jerry Springer who try to kill their husbands because they slept with their best friend. As soon as she calms down, she's right back with the guy regardless of the infedelity. If she really hated him and the marriage, she'd just walk away.

No fan of football is walking away from it if there is a work stoppage.

We will simply wait it out angrily and celebrate greatly when it returns.

Life will go on and I honestly don't see ANYTHING changing that.

I'll wait if I must, but plan on watching NFL football this season.

I think there's to much money to simply not figure it out.

Of course we'll all watch. What I'm saying is that if we can pressure something why not do it? NOT singing up in advance for Sunday Ticket, Not buying merchandise, Calling the team headquarters. The more people the more pressure we can generate. If you have Facebook, I'll guarantee you don't even talk to 80% of the people. Just add 1 more group. I'm not asking you to buy anything! We all want football in the fall don't we?

Of course we'll all watch. What I'm saying is that if we can pressure something why not do it? NOT singing up in advance for Sunday Ticket, Not buying merchandise, Calling the team headquarters. The more people the more pressure we can generate. If you have Facebook, I'll guarantee you don't even talk to 80% of the people. Just add 1 more group. I'm not asking you to buy anything! We all want football in the fall don't we?

Same reason people keep buying bengals gear,BUying tickets etc.