Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

As the trade deadline rapidly approaches Gil Brandt's thoughts have apparently turned to the change in seasons, possible trades that might occur, and how to get the barmaids attention so that he might have another scotch or three.

All I know is we're never going to see page 48 anytime soon unless guys like Brandt keep knocking out whiskey drenched trade rumors speculation like the following.

Enjoy.

Trades that should get done before the deadline

By Gil Brandt, NFL.COM

Bengals send Palmer to Seahawks

Andy Dalton's development has made Caron Palmer more expendable. Palmer played for Pete Carroll at USC, so there's already a working relationship, and he would be able to help a team lacking a quarterback potentially win the NFC West.

In turn, Seattle would send receiver Doug Baldwin, the undrafted free agent who is off to a great start, and draft choices. The quality of the picks would be based on Palmer's performance over the next two years. I'm not talking about numbers here, I mean wins and losses. If Seattle makes the playoffs in either year and Palmer starts 50 percent of the games, Cincinnati could get a first rounder. If he doesn't start much, Seattle could potentially only give up a third-rounder.

This trade would give Seattle a QB for some years to come, remember Palmer is only 31. Baldwin gives Cincinnati a good young receiver to pair with Dalton and A.J. Green.

As the trade deadline rapidly approaches Gil Brandt's thoughts have apparently turned to the change in seasons, possible trades that might occur, and how to get the barmaids attention so that he might have another scotch or three.

All I know is we're never going to see page 48 anytime soon unless guys like Brandt keep knocking out whiskey drenched trade rumors speculation like the following.

Enjoy.

By Gil Brandt, NFL.COM

Andy Dalton's development has made Caron Palmer more expendable. Palmer played for Pete Carroll at USC, so there's already a working relationship, and he would be able to help a team lacking a quarterback potentially win the NFC West.

In turn, Seattle would send receiver Doug Baldwin, the undrafted free agent who is off to a great start, and draft choices. The quality of the picks would be based on Palmer's performance over the next two years. I'm not talking about numbers here, I mean wins and losses. If Seattle makes the playoffs in either year and Palmer starts 50 percent of the games, Cincinnati could get a first rounder. If he doesn't start much, Seattle could potentially only give up a third-rounder.

This trade would give Seattle a QB for some years to come, remember Palmer is only 31. Baldwin gives Cincinnati a good young receiver to pair with Dalton and A.J. Green.

Well, at least this is the first trade rumor I've heard that would do even the slightest bit improve the Bengals this season... rather than in the future.

And when it comes to peanuts... I'm an instant gratification kind of guy.

Well, at least this is the first trade rumor I've heard that would do even the slightest bit improve the Bengals this season... rather than in the future.

Perhaps, but I hesitated to even call it a rumor since Brandt doesn't bother claiming the trade proposal is the stuff of insider info. Rather, it seems more like Gil received a memo about mentioning the trade deadline and this was the result.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. After all, with the trade dealine approaching it was certain somebody was going to be paid to write THAT article.

Steve Wyche took a run at Mike about Carson.

Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown declined comment Tuesday about if the team planned to trade quarterback Carson Palmer before next week's NFL deadline.

"I don't have a thing to say about that," Brown said while attending the NFL Fall Meeting, adding that he doesn't like to comment on football matters.

Hmmm. Brown sure didn't have any trouble "commenting" on several occasions earlier this year. At the very least, I would have expected him to trot out "we have no plans to trade Carson Palmer" or "Carson Palmer is retired" again. I don't think it means anything is imminent, but this seems a softer line than they've taken in the past.

I hope Gil ate all his applesauce today.

All these NFL commentators don't know something that we all know. And the key to understanding that is that most of us saw every throw, pre-season and regular season, that Carson made over the past 3 years. Gil didn't, that Wyche guy didn't. Carson is damaged goods. He's a shell of his former self. NFL teams, unlike Gil, Steve, and various other blatherers, will see all the throws we all saw.

That will lead to everyone lowballing Mike Brown, who is facing a sizable bill to repair the Grill on Concourse C, section 28, at PBS. End result: Carson gets to stay in SoCal where he wants to stay. Because Carson is no football player.

That's a weak trade. I feel like we'll end up with a weak trade though.

Of course we will......because the Bngals don't have a F*king GM who could pull off a decent trade.....You know, it's not always about "how good a player is" it's also about which teams are lacking at that position, have been for some time, and have been burned by draft picks.....A good GM does his Homework. He can go to a team like San Fran and use the fact that they haven't had a decent QB in a decade and have failed in the draft. He Ca say the same thing to the Dolphins, who have not found a replacement for Marino after 11 years. Seattle too.....Use that Info...manipulate them, make them "think' they need what you are selling..... Remember, Carson chose to sit out, he's perfectly healthy as far as anybody knows. it's not a situation where he was injured and was trying to come back from some sort of surgery........But Mike Brown is an Idiot.....so they'll probably get less than what they got for Chad for a F*cking franchise QB......Ridiculous.....

Forget trade deadline

•By: Dennis Janson

CINCINNATI - In recent days, the scatter gun guys at the .coms, have been peppering their blogs with suppositions about possible Carson Palmer trades to this team or that.

A long-time associate of the former Bengals quarterback tells me that Palmer, for one, holds out no hope whatsoever of such an eventuality coming to pass.

"Mike will never give in," Palmer said as he went on to talk about hypotheticals. "If I don't play again, I don't. If I do, I do. I never got the opportunity to do what I could have done but I've had an opportunity most people never get."

He added, "I'm loving life, spending time with my kids, working on some real estate projects. Don't feel sorry for me."

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/...e#ixzz1af5Dl0YK

Forget trade deadline

•By: Dennis Janson

CINCINNATI - In recent days, the scatter gun guys at the .coms, have been peppering their blogs with suppositions about possible Carson Palmer trades to this team or that.

A long-time associate of the former Bengals quarterback tells me that Palmer, for one, holds out no hope whatsoever of such an eventuality coming to pass.

"Mike will never give in," Palmer said as he went on to talk about hypotheticals. "If I don't play again, I don't. If I do, I do. I never got the opportunity to do what I could have done but I've had an opportunity most people never get."

He added, "I'm loving life, spending time with my kids, working on some real estate projects. Don't feel sorry for me."

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/...e#ixzz1af5Dl0YK

Feel sorry for him, crap I think he is sorry!

Reedy:

With the NFL’s trade deadline fast approaching, Mike Brown reiterated on Thursday that there are no plans to trade Carson Palmer before Tuesday’s deadline.

“I don’t have anything more to say on that. I’ve had my say on that and it remains all there is to say,” Brown said.

When it comes to any trades being made by the Bengals, Brown, who agreed to sit down with The Enquirer and Bengals.com to discuss a range of issues, said it was not likely and that there were none being processed or discussed.

The next opportunity to trade Palmer would not occur until the beginning of the new league year, which is likely to start on March 2.

Brown said that is not his focus, saying “It would be an option to trade any player but we have not looked that far ahead.”

From football elf John Clayton's mailbag...

Q: I don't understand why everyone rips Mike Brown. I know the franchise has been down for over a decade now, but the man has principles. Carson Palmer doesn't deserve to be traded; he bailed on his team. Why reward him? And I don't understand why everyone keeps calling them a joke. I believe they have a solid shot at finishing 9-7. Thoughts?

Jason in Albany, Ga.

A: Brown has always stood on principles. He learned that from his father, Paul Brown. While I wish Palmer was back in the league because he's a good quarterback and a good person, this was the most predictable non-trade you'll ever find. Palmer knew that when he decided to not show up. Next Tuesday is the trade deadline, and when Palmer isn't traded, you'll see Brown wasn't bluffing. Also, Brown won't gloat if the team gets off to a 5-2 start, which it has a decent chance to do. He's old-school.

From football elf John Clayton's mailbag...

Q: I don't understand why everyone rips Mike Brown. I know the franchise has been down for over a decade now, but the man has principles. Carson Palmer doesn't deserve to be traded; he bailed on his team. Why reward him? And I don't understand why everyone keeps calling them a joke. I believe they have a solid shot at finishing 9-7. Thoughts?

Jason in Albany, Ga.

A: Brown has always stood on principles. He learned that from his father, Paul Brown. While I wish Palmer was back in the league because he's a good quarterback and a good person, this was the most predictable non-trade you'll ever find. Palmer knew that when he decided to not show up. Next Tuesday is the trade deadline, and when Palmer isn't traded, you'll see Brown wasn't bluffing. Also, Brown won't gloat if the team gets off to a 5-2 start, which it has a decent chance to do. He's old-school.

John Clayton of all people should know better than to predict a 5-2 record. He lives in Seattle and has a local talk show there. He of all people should know how loud that place gets and how hard it'll be for a rookie QB to pull out a win. My guess is the Bengals will be an underdog and not just by a FG either. I don't expect them to win that one although I'd love to be wrong. I think Seattle is the biggest homefield advantage in the league. Just ask the NO Saints

Enjoy.

By Gil Brandt, NFL.COM

For entertainment purposes only, I thought I'd pass along the reaction I got from a Seahawks fan. This is a close relative of mine who has had Seahawk season tickets ever since they started in Seattle. When I told him the parameters set by Gil Brandt and what he thought he said:

No brainer for me! I’ll take the deal and run like hell. How Doug Baldwin fell through the cracks I’ll never know, he’s a good one.

Really guys, Palmer is sitting in the cat bird seat. If he never plays another down in the NFL he gets to spend the rest of his days sitting on the beach with his family in probably better physical shape than if he played another 5 years in the NFL. Eventually he will get some kind of broadcasting gig where he can make a little extra scratch on the side and keep his name relevant. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get into acting or something like that as well. There is nothing to feel sorry about him, unless you think his hot wife is ugly and living in California is a hazard to his health. Maybe with his bum elbow and knee he can get a doctor to write him a prescription for some funky stuff and he can live the high times.

Hair if you spot him at one of the shops you frequent make sure to snap a pic with your cell phone!

John Clayton of all people should know better than to predict a 5-2 record. He lives in Seattle and has a local talk show there. He of all people should know how loud that place gets and how hard it'll be for a rookie QB to pull out a win. My guess is the Bengals will be an underdog and not just by a FG either. I don't expect them to win that one although I'd love to be wrong. I think Seattle is the biggest homefield advantage in the league. Just ask the NO Saints

That Seattle game will be tough as hell, if Andy Dalton can pull that off watch the f out. What I like about Andy is his poise and he will need it for that game. We have to step on their necks and take that crowd out of the game, we will see what Whitehurst looks like when tjey play Cleveland I was hoping for T. Jackson because you know what you are getting with him straight garbage. Whitehurst is still an unknown, which scares me.

Whitehurst lost a lot of his mobility when he hurt his knee, and he still wears a knee brace today. He has a pretty good arm but his accuracy is in question. In college his WRs made him look good a lot of the time because of their athletic ability to make adjustments and catch poor throws. Look for the Bengals to blitz more, using both run blitzes and pass blitzes, and let the DBs cover the receivers one on one.

On offense look for the Bengals to go as simple as possible and Dalton to be under center more than usual because of the extra loud crowd noise generated in Seattle. The Bengals will have to start using some kind of hand signals to communicate the audibles or you could see the TEs and RBs realying the audibles to the outside receivers. The Seattle game will be more a battle of intangibles than talent, and hopefully the Bengals can force more mistakes than they commit.

NFL.com

“I don’t think (a trade is) going to happen,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi said on “NFL Total Access” on Friday. “But, I do know this: Carson Palmer has been in direct contact, himself, with Brown. Those phone calls have proven to be fruitless. … Each phone conversation they get further and further apart.”

i am all for trading palmer. it seems pretty clear that the hawks are going to want him. we still have to play the hawks. so why would brown trade palmer in time to face the bengals. it's pretty clear brown is not going to give palmer any satisfaction in maybe beating his old team. i don't blame mike f**k palmer!

besides trading palmer now does nothing to improve this team right now. so why hurry? trade him before the draft get a 2nd and 4th for him then you can get two potential starters for the price of one.

i was one calling brown all kinds of names for holding on to palmer. now that it's sunk in, really there is a method to mikes maddness. i think it's a decent move on mikes part.

i don't think any one feels sorry for a quitter that's all bitch boy is! we all now should refer to palmer as bitch boy from now on! f**k BITCH BOY!

i am all for trading palmer. it seems pretty clear that the hawks are going to want him. we still have to play the hawks. so why would brown trade palmer in time to face the bengals.

Because our D would get at least two pick sixes? Trade him now, Mikey! :lol:

Just to add a little to the rumor mongering... Jason Campbell looks to be badly hurt.

Oakland is in the race to win that division, and Boller and Pryor aren't going to win them many games.

Not sure who is running the Raiders right now, but I imagine Mike Brown will be getting a phone call.