Bengals at Ravens Week 17 2010 Season Game Thread

membengal

Both INT's off tipped passes, can't completely fault Carson for those.....No support from benson avergaing less than 3 yards per rush....Carson still threw for 305 yards minus both starting WR's and his TE....Came up 30 yards shy of 4,000 on the season (3,970)

I'll still ride with Carson.....

+1

Oh, BTW, Ravens are teh suck. 6 TOs and 13 points? Really? And you're a playoff team? :lol:

Totally agree with the comment re the Ravens. They're gonna get bounced quick.

I'd rather grab a guy like Newton who can make plays with his feet and will have an arm with more juice than Carson.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both INT's off tipped passes, can't completely fault Carson for those.....No support from benson avergaing less than 3 yards per rush....Carson still threw for 305 yards minus both starting WR's and his TE....Came up 30 yards shy of 4,000 on the season (3,970)

+1

Oh, BTW, Ravens are teh suck. 6 TOs and 13 points? Really? And you're a playoff team? :lol:

That looked like an old and tired team. Minus Ed Reed they are mid-level team at best. I can't see them hanging around long either.

+1

Agree. They could win one playoff game, that's all.

+1

Agree. They could win one playoff game, that's all.

I'd love to see them beat the Steelers, though that wouldn't happen until the second game. But it gives me something to root for in the playoffs.

IMHO I don't see any AFC team besting New England this year. Brady has thrown 330 passes without an INT, their defense is powerful, and their coaching is top shelf.

Yeah that Week 1 beatdown to Brady and bunch of no-names doesn't look quite as bad since they've been doing it to people all year. I would be surprised if they lost. The Jets might have a shot as do the Steelers, but they look awfully perfect right now.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nfl-302568

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcHX7BsNKI

Terrell Suggs was fined $15K for slugging Jerome Simpson. I guess it's $1,000 for each yard that he was not penalized in the play.

It is interesting to note that Suggs has never had a sack against Whitworth.

Speaking of the Ravens, strange & possibly tragic story tonight: Ed Reed's brother may have drowned in the Mississippi running from the cops...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/07/ed-reeds-brother-missing-jumped-into-mississippi-river-to-avoid-police/

That was a strange turn of events. Did Simpson say something when he handed him his helmet?

Because on TV, it looked like "Hey, here's your helmet" - *punch*. I mean, that's kind of low even for the Ratbirds.

The story I read was that he was pissed off because Whitworth "blocked" him and in the process wrenched his helmet off of his head. Simpson just happened to be the next guy he saw.

Again a 15 yarder at the minimum would have been nice at the time. I'm not sure how the ref missed it, he was standing right there.

Speaking of the Ravens, strange & possibly tragic story tonight: Ed Reed's brother may have drowned in the Mississippi running from the cops...

http://profootballta...o-avoid-police/

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/01/08/ed-reeds-family-prays-for-missing-brother/

That's sad. He is probably one of the few Ravens that I actually like.

Thoughts and prayers.....

That was a strange turn of events. Did Simpson say something when he handed him his helmet?

Because on TV, it looked like "Hey, here's your helmet" - *punch*. I mean, that's kind of low even for the Ratbirds.

The story I read was that he was pissed off because Whitworth "blocked" him and in the process wrenched his helmet off of his head. Simpson just happened to be the next guy he saw.

Again a 15 yarder at the minimum would have been nice at the time. I'm not sure how the ref missed it, he was standing right there.

http://www.bengals.c...53-922006f1788d

SLANTS AND SCREENS: Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, who admitted he got away with one when he punched Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson in Sunday's finale in Baltimore, didn't get off scot-free because the NFL has fined him $15,000.

Remember what Simpson said earlier this week?

"Those guys were chirping all night. It was mostly Suggs. I don't know why," Simpson said Monday. "He was telling me I'd be out of the league next year. He said he had more catches than me. It was all in fun."

Then Suggs' helmet came flying off in a scrum with left tackle Andrew Whitworth.

"I was going to give him his helmet," Simpson said. "I said, 'He got you on the ground.' He got mad and hit me with his right arm. It landed, but it didn't faze me."

But he did let the ref know when he saw the punch on the big screen.

"I said, 'Look, he blatantly hit me,' '' Simpson said. "But that's OK." …

Whitworth crushed him. Drove him back, pancaked him, and then landed on him. The helmet flying off was just a bonus.

Sorry I missed that!

• 3 weeks later...