Fire Marvin

walzav29

Don't give Gruden too much credit. He won a SB with Dungy's guys. Pay more attention to how he subsequently ruined the team.

But at the same time he built Oakland into a Super Bowl team before he got the boot. Then proceeded to beat Oakland in the Super Bowl with the Bucs.

We'll have as much luck in hiring Gruden as we do Vince Lombardi.

Mike Brown will never hire someone with an agressive nature that he couldn't get along with.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fire Marvin, trade Chad, and fire Bratkowski. Otherwise I think we're good.

Palmer sucks, but there's no improvement available. Draft someone.

Oh, NOW Palmer sucks. Two weeks ago he was just fine by you. You're a bit slow...

I presented thoughts you didn't answer to the last time you brought it up, so your snide remark is just as useless as before. Don't expect me to repeat myself either, go look up your own bulls**t. I don't care at all what sort of vindication "Jet23" might feel on a message board when he is so well known for his idiotic knee-jerk thought processes, and I will continue to maintain a level head with or without your cooperation.

If somehow any of the vocabulary above is too advanced for you, just let me know and I'll express myself again the way Dora the Explorer might.

I tried to get Brat fired two seasons ago. there was little support then for some reason. I think that petition is around here somewhere on the site archive. He sucked then, has continued his legacy of suckiness to this day and likely will until the end of Mike Brown's ownership of the team. For some reason, (I believe because he had two years with an amazing offense 5 years ago and Brown thinks that could happen any time again), he keeps Brat on despite his suckiness. For that matter, Paul Alexander too.

I think Zampese is the better choice for Interim OC if Brat does the honorable thing and resigns due to incompetence.

The bengals will not do what is necessary and fire him and Alexander (the continual penalties and general ineffectiveness are unforgivable).

What, you're not looking to fix our Palmer problem with a Palmer?

Would be hilariously awkward, you have to admit. I'm thinking at this point comedy is the upside for the season so I say go for it.

I'll be game for a Palmer swap after a few more losses.

Palmer can't go anywhere. Do you know how hard it is to get an above average quarterback? Think of Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Jim Plunkett, hell even Ken Anderson. Is he Elway? I hate to admit it, but he's not. The bottom line is that it is damn hard to get just a decent quarterback. I know we're all sick of Palmer today, but would you rather have Garrard or Trent Edwards? Hell no. There is NO GAMEPLANNING. I would like to see Bratkowski fired tomorrow.

Palmer can't go anywhere. Do you know how hard it is to get an above average quarterback? Think of Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Jim Plunkett, hell even Ken Anderson. Is he Elway? I hate to admit it, but he's not. The bottom line is that it is damn hard to get just a decent quarterback. I know we're all sick of Palmer today, but would you rather have Garrard or Trent Edwards? Hell no. There is NO GAMEPLANNING. I would like to see Bratkowski fired tomorrow.

"Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Jim Plunkett, hell even Ken Anderson" - Why I brought these guys up was to point out that people thought they were finished and weren't.

Not going to happen, Marvin, and Mike Brown have some kind of man crush on Brat.

To quote an old Japanese adage--"You are a frip fropping." Earlier, you were screaming for Palmer's head and now he's an above average quarterback? You put him in the category of Gannon, Warner, Plunkett and Anderson--all guys that won or at least played in Super Bowls? He is statistically below average in this league after eight seasons in. I can name 14 other qbs I'd rather have than him right now--so he sounds pretty average at best to me.

New Two-fold prediction--Palmer has more picks than TDs this year and the Bengals finish below .500. Then see if you still want him around for training camp in 2011.

it's don't matter who starts because we do not have the coaches to get them game ready. i have been saying since 06 fire these f**king bums. now every sees that i am right and marvin has given up because he knows he can't win here. if i was a coach i would be begging to get hired here. all you have to do is just be successful at your job less than 10% of the time and you can stay here for ever! looking at you brat and alexander just un f**king real!!

Everybody who likes Marvin and wants him to continue here please explain why?

He has had 2 winning seasons, and even after those seasons, the following year they have been average. Its not like there has never been talent on this team, but he has yet to figure out how to get the best talent out of his players.

They bring back everyone from last year, and this is how they play! Mistake after mistake, and they always continue to shoot themselves in foot year after year with Marvin as the coach.

Im sorry but Marvin has had his chances to build this team, and to fix the mental errors that this team makes every year, but just cant find the winning touch.

If somehow someway he turns this team around after the bye, or something happens this team becomes great this year, then ill eat my words, but after this game im not to sure.

No one can watch a Marvin Lewis team and say they are well coached. That has always struck me about Marvin's tenure here. Perhaps Marvin did have a hand in increasing the talent level, I don't know. I wouldn't mind seeing him go if Brat goes with him

Not going to happen, Marvin, and Mike Brown have some kind of man crush on Brat.

mikey boy is the one with the man crush, i truly believe marvin has wanted to s**t can brat and alexander for years. marvin has said he wants more control before he signs a extension. that more control to me means he wants to not only control the players but wants to hire his own coaches as well. when a man is hired to run any business and then not allowed to control that said business. how in the world is he ever going to be successful? odds are he can't. marvin was set up to fail from the beginning. we could bring back the best coach's in history. as long as mikey runs the show who ever coaches here will fail! the sad part is i don't see nothing changing once katie takes over.

That's just my point. He had a season like this last year. The only difference today was that a tipped pass went the other way, versus, for example, Ray Lewis deciding to hammer Chad and drawing a penalty to keep a game-winning drive alive last year. SSDY.

In this thread our hero Hoosier plays the role of the dumb guy who can't put together all of the clues and doesn't realize he's dead. Nor does he realize when he's seeing other dead people. In fact, he's so clueless he can't even figure out how he died even though he watched the killer stab him in the heart three times.

Not that it matters much. Because in this movie everybody dies.

Fire Marvin, trade Chad, and fire Bratkowski. Otherwise I think we're good.

Oh, NOW Palmer sucks. Two weeks ago he was just fine by you. You're a bit slow...

I presented thoughts you didn't answer to the last time you brought it up, so your snide remark is just as useless as before. Don't expect me to repeat myself either, go look up your own bulls**t. I don't care at all what sort of vindication "Jet23" might feel on a message board when he is so well known for his idiotic knee-jerk thought processes, and I will continue to maintain a level head with or without your cooperation.

If somehow any of the vocabulary above is too advanced for you, just let me know and I'll express myself again the way Dora the Explorer might.

Stating that Carson was horrible was not 'knee jerk' it's called observation Sparky. Now, you seem to be on onboard with it. Glad I could learn ya something. And I guess I missed an earlier response, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to waste my time looking up another one of your attempts to cram as many 'big boy' words as possible in an otherwise meaningless post. The fact is that you do not have your own opinion. You merely adopt the prevailing opinion of the board at any given time.

To summarize: BACKPACK, BACKPACK!.....

The fact is that you do not have your own opinion. You merely adopt the prevailing opinion of the board at any given time.

That explains why I constantly disagree with nearly everyone? Making things up won't get you anywhere.

I mean goodness, it's right here in this thread for starters. Research your personal attacks at least.

The fact is that you do not have your own opinion. You merely adopt the prevailing opinion of the board at any given time.

That explains why I constantly disagree with nearly everyone? Making things up won't get you anywhere.

I mean goodness, it's right here in this thread for starters. Research your personal attacks at least.

Come on boys. Let's focus our anger where it belongs

Bratkowski

Marvin

Carson

Why don't you research who started the personal attacks? I stated that Carson Palmer was horrible....which he is. You told me to sod off. Now, I'm not quite sure what sod off even means. Given the source, I checked with my 9-year old and she didn't know either. I'm still thinking this may be a generation thing. I just haven't had time to get on Webkinz to find out for sure...