Baltimore questions

Hair, you seem to feel that the post crime obstruction is the same level of guilt, and I just can't see that.

I can't speak to his level of guilt because I don't really know where his level of involvement begins or ends. All I know is every action he took immediately after the crime was taken to cover up his involvement....including destroying all of the clothes he was wearing due to them being covered with blood. He admitted to that, right? And he admitted to coaching the other members in the limo so that everyone told the same story to the police. And he later admitted under oath that initial story was a lie, right? Finally, he never actually named the killer despite being so closely involved that he was covered in blood evidence. And I know one more thing too. That even though you can get kicked out of the NFL for some pretty trivial things Ray Lewis wasn't kicked out.....even though the things Lewis actually confessed to, nevermind what he might have done, are far more serious than mutliple substance abuse violations.

Look at it this way. A third offense for smoking weed or using steroids results in a lifetime ban. Yet I'm supposed to accept Ray Lewis being embraced back into the NFL family simply because he was only involved in a double-murder once? And more to the point, Lewis wasn't just accepted back. His previous status remained intact. He's still the public face of the Raven franchise and one of the most celebrated figures in the NFL today. And as you just proved if someone like myself mentions his past crime today the first reaction from a Raven fan like yourself is as if there was a time limit that had long ago expired.

And maybe that's the thing that blows my mind the most. That there can be a time limit on this type of thing. That there can be so little accountability demanded, from fans, that not only aren't these types of actions forever damning, but that in no time at all the player involved can actually be a sought out endorser of products, from Ray Lewis selling potato chips and video games to a douchebag like Chad Johnson selling an energy drink for your feet. So who amongst us wants to bet against Ben Roethlisberger selling razors in the very near future?

End of rant.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hair, you seem to feel that the post crime obstruction is the same level of guilt, and I just can't see that.

I can't speak to his level of guilt because I don't really know where his level of involvement begins or ends. All I know is every action he took immediately after the crime was taken to cover up his involvement....including destroying all of the clothes he was wearing due to them being covered with blood. He admitted to that, right? And he admitted to coaching the other members in the limo so that everyone told the same story to the police. And he later admitted under oath that initial story was a lie, right? Finally, he never actually named the killer despite being so closely involved that he was covered in blood evidence. And I know one more thing too. That even though you can get kicked out of the NFL for some pretty trivial things Ray Lewis wasn't kicked out.....even though the things Lewis actually confessed to, nevermind what he might have done, are far more serious than mutliple substance abuse violations.

Look at it this way. A third offense for smoking weed or using steroids results in a lifetime ban. Yet I'm supposed to accept Ray Lewis being embraced back into the NFL family simply because he was only involved in a double-murder once? And more to the point, Lewis wasn't just accepted back. His previous status remained intact. He's still the public face of the Raven franchise and one of the most celebrated figures in the NFL today. And as you just proved if someone like myself mentions his past crime today the first reaction from a Raven fan like yourself is as if there was a time limit that had long ago expired.

And maybe that's the thing that blows my mind the most. That there can be a time limit on this type of thing. That there can be so little accountability demanded, from fans, that not only aren't these types of actions forever damning, but that in no time at all the player involved can actually be a sought out endorser of products, from Ray Lewis selling potato chips and video games to a douchebag like Chad Johnson selling an energy drink for your feet. So who amongst us wants to bet against Ben Roethlisberger selling razors in the very near future?

End of rant.

I'm betting that Rothlisberger will get a commercial for toilet seats. Something like this: As you know I spend alot of my time during the offseason in restrooms. For me the (insert brand name) toilet seat is the most comfortable and allows for more range of motion while entertaining.

It's a stupid policy. News about the Ravens IS news about our "beloved Bengals" at this point. This part of the site is basically ignored, and conversation dies.

I'd just like to point out to membengal that this thread has lived a very long life in the NFL forum. Not ignored, and far from dead.

Josh Wilson ?? Ok, that should erase all the issues with their secondary.

:lmao:

Baltimore's secondary can't stand up to either what Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, or even Cleveland will put up against it. Their fans talk as of taking the division will be a cake walk. I just don't see that happening.

Baltimore's secondary can't stand up to either what Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, or even Cleveland will put up against it. Their fans talk as of taking the division will be a cake walk. I just don't see that happening.

Part of that is the affirmation of instant success from the media.

The Ravens have added Boldin. That's it. That's all they've done to change their roster from last year. Actually, one of those TE's that they've added will help the passing game as well.

The ways in which the Bengals beat them last year were not improved other than adding a #2 WR, which Boldin is.

Face it. The Ravens are still good and the Bengals were a fluke last year. Add in the fact that Pittsburgh has slid downward....and wa-la...the Ravens are instant AFCN Champs.

Part of that is the affirmation of instant success from the media.

The Ravens have added Boldin. That's it. That's all they've done to change their roster from last year. Actually, one of those TE's that they've added will help the passing game as well.

The ways in which the Bengals beat them last year were not improved other than adding a #2 WR, which Boldin is.

Face it. The Ravens are still good and the Bengals were a fluke last year. Add in the fact that Pittsburgh has slid downward....and wa-la...the Ravens are instant AFCN Champs.

Peter King didn't get the email. He has the Steelers beating the Packers in the Super Bowl in the SI NFL preview issue.

Peter King didn't get the email. He has the Steelers beating the Packers in the Super Bowl in the SI NFL preview issue.

Hard as it may be to believe, I think Peter King is getting dumber.

I have no problem believing that at all.

He was great as Norm in "Cheers". It's been all downhill after that.

Hard as it may be to believe, I think Peter King is getting dumber.

I have no problem believing that at all.

He was great as Norm in "Cheers". It's been all downhill after that.

Problem is he acts like Cliff now.