Signing LJ is so dumb.

TJJackson

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-cut-Harris-to-add-Johnson/fb043478-f10e-4f4c-8161-eb34ff1a6a8c

I hope Marvin knows what he's doing....

article already deleted.

hmmm....

That is actually quite interesting, isn't it?

It's happened before....usually when Hobson is busy editing an article he's just written. In fact, the only time I can remember it being meaningful was during the derailed Detroit/Cincy/Cleveburgh trade involving Rogers.

Well there's an article up now saying the Ced is cool with the move so I guess it's official.

Johnson makes his first official appearance as a Bengal in a 3 p.m. news conference Tuesday at Paul Brown Stadium.

THIS ought to be interesting.

Yup, just as I guessed....Hobnob was updating the article.

Benson OK with move

Posted Nov 17, 2009

a a Updated: 2:55 p.m.

As one Bengal said about the Larry Johnson move, “If Ced’s OK with it, I’m OK with it.”

So far, so good for Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

“I’m sure they do things with all the intentions of contributing to the team in a positive way. If that’s what surfaces, then this is a great thing,” Benson said after signing autographs Tuesday at the Bengals Pro Shop in Paul Brown Stadium.

“I don’t see it as any type of threat,” he said. “It’s great to have the guy come in. It’s only going to make me work harder. Even harder than I normally do. I’m all for it."

Benson says the strain in his abductor (hip area) is better and that if he can’t play this week in Oakland, he’ll be able to play the week after against the Browns at home.

“It’s not a major thing,” he said. “It may take one week to get ready, but not two. Hopefully I’ll be ready this Sunday. I need to focus on it and let it get healed so I can hit the ground full speed.”

Even though he had just 22 yards on seven carries Sunday in Pittsburgh while trying to play through the pain before being taken out at halftime, he’s just 141 yards away from his first 1,000-yard season.

“Once the hip is ready, I’m gone,” he said. “I’m running all the way to Miami and the Super Bowl.”

In order to make room for Johnson on their roster, the Bengals on Tuesday waived second-year defensive tackle Orien Harris. Harris, traded for running back Brian Leonard in May, was re-signed Oct. 20 and played in one game.

Johnson makes his first official appearance as a Bengal in a 3 p.m. news conference Tuesday at Paul Brown Stadium.

Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Tuesday that the Bengals' fit his client's wish list.

"He was looking for a good team with an established coaching staff that has a chance to play past January," Schaffer said. "He's willing to do whatever it takes to do that. Special teams, whatever. He's looking to re-establish himself on and off the field."

Yup, just as I guessed....Hobnob was updating the article.

Benson OK with move

Posted Nov 17, 2009

a a Updated: 2:55 p.m.

As one Bengal said about the Larry Johnson move, ?If Ced?s OK with it, I?m OK with it.?

So far, so good for Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

?I?m sure they do things with all the intentions of contributing to the team in a positive way. If that?s what surfaces, then this is a great thing,? Benson said after signing autographs Tuesday at the Bengals Pro Shop in Paul Brown Stadium.

?I don?t see it as any type of threat,? he said. ?It?s great to have the guy come in. It?s only going to make me work harder. Even harder than I normally do. I?m all for it."

Benson says the strain in his abductor (hip area) is better and that if he can?t play this week in Oakland, he?ll be able to play the week after against the Browns at home.

?It?s not a major thing,? he said. ?It may take one week to get ready, but not two. Hopefully I?ll be ready this Sunday. I need to focus on it and let it get healed so I can hit the ground full speed.?

Even though he had just 22 yards on seven carries Sunday in Pittsburgh while trying to play through the pain before being taken out at halftime, he?s just 141 yards away from his first 1,000-yard season.

?Once the hip is ready, I?m gone,? he said. ?I?m running all the way to Miami and the Super Bowl.?

In order to make room for Johnson on their roster, the Bengals on Tuesday waived second-year defensive tackle Orien Harris. Harris, traded for running back Brian Leonard in May, was re-signed Oct. 20 and played in one game.

Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Tuesday that the Bengals' fit his client's wish list.

"He was looking for a good team with an established coaching staff that has a chance to play past January," Schaffer said. "He's willing to do whatever it takes to do that. Special teams, whatever. He's looking to re-establish himself on and off the field."

You're blowing my mind here, Hair. You mean we've now become a team that free agents actually want to come to?

Whoa.

1.) Lets give carries away from a rookie that stole the show against Pitts, in one of the biggest Bengals games of the decade.

2.) Lets take carries from Brian Leonard that has gotten more important 1st downs in Bengals history than Chad Johnson

3.) Regardless of how he views it, lets give our nearly MVP running back incentive to 'hurry' back from injury so he feels less threatened

4.) Lets not promote the idea of commitment to the nearly MVP RB that has helped elevate the team to 7 - 2

5.) Lets introduce a new guy to a team that is completely together already and building on 10 weeks worth of Regular Season chemistry (not including OTA's/Training Camp/Etc.)

6.) Oh, BTW, he is a complete knucklehead and already bashing his old team? like really?!

This move has the potential to be the downfall of the season.

He's willing to play special teams? And he's making the NFL minimum - pro-rated for the last 7 games. He sounds sufficiently humbled. I still don't like it, though. I just get the feeling something is wrong with Larry Johnson.

Well, at this point it is up to him to show us he is going to be a "team" guy. I think everyone has a little bit of apprehension about this move.

Is it going to be more than the leadership of this team can handle?

Is LJ going to shelve his azzhole personality and do what it takes?

I echo the sentiment that ML better know what he is doing.

1.) Lets give carries away from a rookie that stole the show against Pitts, in one of the biggest Bengals games of the decade.

2.) Lets take carries from Brian Leonard that has gotten more important 1st downs in Bengals history than Chad Johnson

3.) Regardless of how he views it, lets give our nearly MVP running back incentive to 'hurry' back from injury so he feels less threatened

4.) Lets not promote the idea of commitment to the nearly MVP RB that has helped elevate the team to 7 - 2

5.) Lets introduce a new guy to a team that is completely together already and building on 10 weeks worth of Regular Season chemistry (not including OTA's/Training Camp/Etc.)

6.) Oh, BTW, he is a complete knucklehead and already bashing his old team? like really?!

I understand your concern, but I was more concerned with the possiblity of being left without an inside runner if Ced gets hurt. If Ced is out, Scott will get every opportunity to get the majority of the carriers. But, he can not carry 30 times per game. Since Leonard needs to stay in his current role, there is room for another guy to eat up carries. Plus, the guy has a huge chip on his shoulder. I don't love the guy either, but if he can help....giddy up...

Agree.

However, it also has the potential to be the final piece of the puzzle.

1.) Let's realize that LJ won't get any carries unless someone is injured.

2.) Let's give the ball to a Pro Bowl RB if necessary.

3.) It is up to the coaches to support Cedric and instill confidence that this gives him the time to fully recover.

4.) Let's set the tone to for the team that the mgmt is stepping up and doing what it takes to win.

5.) Let's see if this team has the character to welcome in another soldier and make him part of the team.

6.) Let's see if LJ can grow up in the process, joining Chad, Tank, Henry and the other bad seeds who now call PBS home.

Makes sense Harris was the odd man out. He wasn't with us for the whole season and we have five guys in Tank, Peko, Sims, Fanane, and Rucker that can play DT.

I thought the Bengals had already traded Harris in the preseason to someone for a late round draft pick?

Sort of, Sportees - but that was months and months ago

We traded Orien to the Rams for RB Brian Leonard

The Rams traded Orien to Detroit for <whatever>

The Lions waived Orien

and then, some time later

We picked up Orien as a free agent again

Bottom line: acquired Brian Leonard for nothing