Larry johnson

HoTbOy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy key-rist.

gets a eyebrow raising "wow" but not a huge shock.

1. The SoP School for Wayward Man-Children has a new pupil. Little Larry Johnson, please report to th headmaster's office for an orientation,

2. Cedric Benson can now take as much time as he needs to get healthy.

3. Fui, you seem like a nice guy but this is called a "Playoff Run" and the team cannot count on 7th rounders and college FA's an scrap-heap guys at every position.

/>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/16/larry-johnson-bengals-joh_n_359317.html

Well, for all the complaining on here that the team isn't proactive in back-filling injuries, this is a response.

If this were New England, I am guessing it would be praised.

We'll see. Hope he fits into the locker-room okay. I am guessing there are enough leaders on that team now that won't be the issue it used to be. I just don't see Whitworth et al on the line, much less Carson, taking any bulls**t.

Well, for all the complaining on here that the team isn't proactive in back-filling injuries, this is a response.

If this were New England, I am guessing it would be praised.

We'll see. Hope he fits into the locker-room okay. I am guessing there are enough leaders on that team now that won't be the issue it used to be. I just don't see Whitworth et al on the line, much less Carson, taking any bulls**t.

Yeah I would think there's a no-tolerance policy with him, regarding off or on-field/clubhouse issues. He's a bit of a luxury if Benson's injury is truly minor.

I hope this doesn't lead to some sort of meltdown like 2005 with Henry and Chad etc..,

I would expect the Bengals' to be criticized in the media, because it's the Bengals.

If I am Larry Johnson, I would be thanking my lucky stars at the opportunity.

Running behind the line that has given Benson gaping swaths of green to ramble across is enough to make any RB smile but this is

I also note that NE, Atlanta and Seattle all find themselves with the Bengals attempting to shore up an injury to the running back corp.

LJ would fit in Seattle and NE. This move shows good foresight in signing the best available RB, before he is snatched up by one of these othr teams. One of them would have grabbed him.

Cedric Benson take 2. Except Larry is a much bigger douche. I'm fine with signing him and giving him 100 carries in the next 3 games. Then bring Benson back.

Exactly.

But, let's think it through.

If Benson and LJ can co-exist, that is a freaking intimidting 1-2. unreal if they can tandem like DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

Guys, this O-line is monstrous running against teams not named Pittsburgh.

Larry Johnson is a cancer and the last thing we need in here. I would rather anyone else or just let Brian take the load

Brian Leonard is a nice player, and an effective blocker/screen pass guy but he is not the caliber of NFL RB that Larry Johnson is.

Dude, I just hope he gets a dose of Bengals Lockerroom Chemo before he gets a locker.

Larry, here is your chance, Don't F it up.

If he does, I hope the Axe falls SWIFTLY.

If he toes the line and joins the "team", then bonus.

Larry Johnson is a cancer and the last thing we need in here. I would rather anyone else or just let Brian take the load

Brian Leonard is a nice player, and an effective blocker/screen pass guy but he is not the caliber of NFL RB that Larry Johnson is was.

Dude, I just hope he gets a dose of Bengals Lockerroom Chemo before he gets a locker.

Leonard isn't supposed to be the same type of RB as Johnson WAS(fixed that for you btw). Leonard is a swing pass back that guts out for every single inch he can take. He's not a prick in public OR the locker room. I agree with you Leonard getting the majority of the carries is not the answer. I'm not sold on LJ. He better just be a short term rental as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I do have to prop SoP for being proactive about the running back issue, something he would not have been, or has not been, in times past.

Larry has always been a bit of a dick. But he kept things in control when they were winning in KC.

As long as this is just a one year deal at the vet minimum, I'm ok with it. I hope he feels like he has something to prove... and is content because of the team's success.

Perhaps this is the guy to lighten Benson's workload that has caused so much concern.

Cedric Benson take 2. Except Larry is a much bigger douche. I'm fine with signing him and giving him 100 carries in the next 3 games. Then bring Benson back.

Exactly.

But, let's think it through.

If Benson and LJ can co-exist, that is a freaking intimidting 1-2. unreal if they can tandem like DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

Guys, this O-line is monstrous running against teams not named Pittsburgh.

You are overselling LJ at this point. He WAS an excellent back, perhaps the best for one or two seasons. Injuries, age and attitude have changed all that. He may still be serviceable for a short-term pinch, being part of the 1-2-3 team of Scott, Leonard and Douche. He and Scott will get similar numbers of touches, Leonard will still do his specialties. Bottom line, with our weaker schedule coming up, we'll be fine in the rush department.

Say what you guys want, but, after losing around 30% of season ticket holders and Chad calling out MB for not bringing in the players we need to win; I think MB finally gets the point!

This is a HUGE move for the Bengals. LJ is a Beast. He's not a cancer. He wants to win. Same as Corey Dillon. Same as Randy Moss. Same as T.O. Same as Ocho Cinco. Same as the list goes on and on and on.....

Good move Mikey. Hopefully the remaining games will sell out soon.

Who Dey!

I just wanna say, that I'm semi-on board with this move.

I think it's messed up that he was throwing around a gay slur, but part of his frustration with Todd Haley was apparently that he had no football background -- apparently he was a college golfer. LJ had a bit of problem with that and didn't find him credible.

I see this as a win-win. You have a guy with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Like DS said, work him like a horse until Ced gets back. Let him wear down the defenses for B. Scott. The problem will come if they decide to sign him long term, but as for this year, bring it on! He's on a contender and they get someone to eat carriers. This is a great move...

Brian Leonard is a nice player, and an effective blocker/screen pass guy but he is not the caliber of NFL RB that Larry Johnson is was.

Leonard isn't supposed to be the same type of RB as Johnson WAS(fixed that for you btw). Leonard is a swing pass back that guts out for every single inch he can take. He's not a prick in public OR the locker room. I agree with you Leonard getting the majority of the carries is not the answer. I'm not sold on LJ. He better just be a short term rental as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I do have to prop SoP for being proactive about the running back issue, something he would not have been, or has not been, in times past.

He could still be the back he'd been. How would Benson have looked behind that KC line? probably awful.

I think we do need to give props to SoP. I was very distressed he did not bring someone in when Odom went down but I don't think anyone would have predicted the way Fanene and Rucker and Johnson have stepped up.

I am one who thinks LJ could co-exist here. Benson is a horse. LJ is a horse.

If anything, this also reduces the pressure on, and possibl raises the effectiveness for, Carson Palmer.

Unless he walks in and takes a piss on the organization, this a a wise, strategic move, and this is before we know the full detail of Bensons's injury. Maybe in hindsight, this was the ONLY smart thing they could do?