Raiders Sound Like 90's Bengals

ShulaSteakhouse

Russell Shows No Improvement

I pretty much hate the Raiders, hate their "Pit" fans, and hate their wife-beating coach, as well as their idiot owner.

Hoping for a west coast beat down, let Benson rest and get healthy, blitz the crap out of Russell.

This is one of the remaining games they just need to win.

As my six year old keeps reminding me, they beat Philadelphia. So, the trick is to prepare as usual. The Bengals will definitely have trouble getting up for this game, but the team has shown well up to now. I agree that this is the cake part of the schedule and time to just shut them down and get up on top early.

That said, the Raiders are a fascinating team. Their complete disarray does remind me of the 90's Bengals, but where the Bengals were always kinda sad sack, the Raiders are nearly suicidal and appear completely unapologetic in their ineptitude. It's almost like they don't care about sucking.

As my six year old keeps reminding me, they beat Philadelphia. So, the trick is to prepare as usual.

That, and it is on the west coast, and the Bengals have traditionally not done well on the west coast, even against very beatable teams like this one

This is another statement game - "we can win even on the west coast"

Most certainly they need to come out and treat this team as seriously as any opponent, and simply demolish them

One of my best friends that hangs out watching football with us on Sunday's is a DIE HARD Raiders fan. It's gotten to the point were he doesn't even want to watch them on Sundays because they are so embarassing to watch. The team has even gone as far as only teaching him half the field on passing plays, taking out many of the reads he would normally have to do because he is so damn stupid he can't figure it out.

I can't wait for Sunday. I'm ready to give him so much s**t that by the end of the game he'll be on the Bengal bandwagon, :sure:

We are O-for-Oakland.

if thats true - and as poorly as we have fared on the west coast, it probably is (haven't checked).....

....I bet Marvin has this PLASTERED on every wall of every room and corridor of the inside facilities - or soon will

0 - for - Oakland

Yes indeed, time for another statement to be made

"Men, you have a chance to do something no Bengals team has ever done - win at Oakland"

Agreed, this is not a gimmie game, they can not go out there thinking they already won. We all thought Houston was one of those games, and it showed it wansnt. Now i know Oaklands offense is no where near Houston, but still think they have to be careful. Palmer always seems to have a tough time with Oakland, so hope the get the running game going. Lets hope they pressure Russel early and often. They must stop the Raiders running game to win this.

As soon as the Steelers game ended, I started worrying that this could be another Texans game for us. We win a close on the road against the Ravens and then lose to a team that turned out to be a lot better than we thought in the Texans. Now I know the Raiders are no where near as good as the Texans, but its still a game that worries me. Plus Richard Seymour always seems to give us fits.

On that Texans game, two things you all who want to compare the games overlook:

1. Houston is a really good team. Almost beat Indy. They're a legit Wild Card threat. Oakland is anything but.

2. The team had just buried Vicki Zimmer the preceding Tuesday. After they poured their heart and soul emotionally into the first Baltimore game for Zim, they were prime for a genuinely understandable emotional flat spot that particular Sunday. And that Houston team, with the offense it brought, was a bad match for an emotional flat spot.

I don't see the same kind of danger for emotional doldrums this next Sunday, simply because the Zimmer sadness was so unusual.

I don't see the parallels at all, frankly.

I'm not really worried about a letdown or the team reading too much of its own glowing press, at least, not with this year's team. But one thing that I think they need to realize is that they now have a big fat target painted on their chests. Second seed, behind only the Colts, in the AFC. Everybody is going to want to knock them off, especially crap teams like the Raiders whose season is toast, but who could extract some measure of solace from beating the Bengals.

Cincy is going to get every team's "A" game from here on out. They're going to get trick plays and cheap shots and nothing-to-lose teams going for it every fourth down. So they have to be on the ball every week. Let some schmuck team like oakland hang around -- like they did in week one against Denver -- and you invite another "fluke."

Should be a fun ride down the stretch.

I'm not really worried about a letdown or the team reading too much of its own glowing press, at least, not with this year's team. But one thing that I think they need to realize is that they now have a big fat target painted on their chests. Second seed, behind only the Colts, in the AFC. Everybody is going to want to knock them off, especially crap teams like the Raiders whose season is toast, but who could extract some measure of solace from beating the Bengals.

Cincy is going to get every team's "A" game from here on out. They're going to get trick plays and cheap shots and nothing-to-lose teams going for it every fourth down. So they have to be on the ball every week. Let some schmuck team like oakland hang around -- like they did in week one against Denver -- and you invite another "fluke."

So, in effect, the '09 Bengals are playing the '98 Bengals? I like our chances!

So, in effect, the '09 Bengals are playing the '98 Bengals? I like our chances!

So do I...as long as we don't turn into the '98 Steelers in week 16...

This game is not gonna be as easy as they say. Ask the Eagles anything can happen West coast flight, let down from a big win!

But I have no doubt the team will take care of business and knock the crack out of some Raider ass.

This game is not gonna be as easy as they say. Ask the Eagles anything can happen West coast flight, let down from a big win!

But I have no doubt the team will take care of business and knock the crack out of some Raider ass.

The Eagles suck. Take away the big play, and they can't move the ball for s**t. I've been able to see their last 2 games, and it's no longer a surprise to me that they lost to Oakland.