All things Jonathan Fanene AND Mike Zimmer

kedgey

Just thought I would give a little love to guy that has stepped up since Odom's injury into the kind of impact player I never thought he could be.

Our D this season have been extremely good but it's knowing that guys like him can step up whrn there are injuries (same goes for Brandon Johnson) that gives me a lot of hope for this team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody was worried about getting Sacks once Odom went down and we didn't throw away tomorrow for today and make a trade. Fanene has stepped up big time.

Kevnz - member since 2003 and almost 2000 posts and I've never heard of him

another name change?

Whoa TJ. Kevin from New Zealand was here before your time. I vouch for him.

The entire D is playing great. Not just the starters but everyone - Brandon Johnson and Jeanty came in and dished out just as much biff. They come in and play. We need to keep the younger players on this D in Cincy for a decade because our success will depend on it. Just think, they get to add a few more pieces next off-season. Extend Zimmer right now, pay him whatever he wants. He can have my first born child if that's what it takes.

Stout D and running the ball brings you success in the AFCN. Who knew?

Everybody was worried about getting Sacks once Odom went down and we didn't throw away tomorrow for today and make a trade. Fanene has stepped up big time.

Kevnz - member since 2003 and almost 2000 posts and I've never heard of him

another name change?

Nope man, Just went into lurker mode for a year or three. Things just got a little caustic around here for a bit.

Whoa TJ. Kevin from New Zealand was here before your time. I vouch for him.

No worries, was not a slam - just had never seen the name before

Must posted a ton long before my time (2005-ish) and been mostly absent since?

It's probably been since 2006/2007 that I went on a walkabout from posting not lurking. But I do believe that you were posting for a while before my holiday.

The entire D is playing great. Not just the starters but everyone - Brandon Johnson and Jeanty came in and dished out just as much biff. They come in and play. We need to keep the younger players on this D in Cincy for a decade because our success will depend on it. Just think, they get to add a few more pieces next off-season. Extend Zimmer right now, pay him whatever he wants. He can have my first born child if that's what it takes.

Stout D and running the ball brings you success in the AFCN. Who knew?

Absolutely - we need to lock this D up asap, starting with Zimmer and after today's (now yesterday's) win I'd say get Brandon Johnson signed to a reasonable contract because he just earned a few million dollars in 60 minutes with the game tape he generated. Morgan Trent has had as much of an impact as we could possibly expect from a 3rd or 4th rounder, much less a 6, and love to Michael Johnson as well - he absolutely blew by Max Starks on one play - I hope they find ways to get his hand on the ground rushing every opportunity they can find. J-Joe and Hall need to be locked up for 5 years apeice, etc., etc. Let's do it now before our group of "no-namers, rejects, has-beens, etc." become top tier free agents that we can't hope to sign. For now, though, I'm just riding the wave. Good times for all.

I never previously thought that the number of Bengal fans that loved him was warranted. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was someone who recommended cutting him to make room for younger players with higher potential.

I bring all of that up just to say... I'm happy they kept him around, because he and Rucker both have been playing great. Fanene is doing far more than I believed he was capable of. Props to that dude.

C'mon Mem that's every coaches dream.. A head coaching oppurtunity in the NFL won't be turned down by Zimmer.

Not so sure. Especially with what he's going through right now - I don't know how he'd handle it, but I'm not so sure I'd be in the right place to take that on after losing my wife, kids needing me more (not less), etc. He might handle things differently, of course, I don't know.

There's also the age issue - Zim's a little old to get his first head coach gig. The NFL's funny like that, coaches at that age who haven't been HCs before tend not to get offered jobs. Compare him to Dick LeBeau, who (absent the Bengals) probably never would have gotten a HC job.

Look around the league, there are some very good coordinators who either haven't gotten the chance, or haven't pursued a HC job. Tom Moore of the Colts comes to mind. There was Monte Kiffin until this year.

Naturally I would wish Zim the best no matter what, he's played a huge role in turning this team around. If he wants to be a HC, he's earned it. But I sure hope we still have him next year!

Right. But why pre-worry about it? What's wrong w/ enjoying the moment?

I am very much enjoying the moment. It was just a realization I had yesterday when they completely handled Pittsburgh's offense for the most part.

Yeah Zimmer's gone after this season.. Hopefully there will be a soft spot in his heart for this team who gave him a chance. Money usually comes between that, hopefully he won't forget about us.

Fanene's a DAWG!!!

Now what in the world makes you think Zimmer will be gone after this season?

Where is he going to go be a HC? College? Notre Dame?

a HC in the NFL? where? Buffalo? DC? Chicago?

Ahead of Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren, Schottenheimer, Billick?

Now, I am not saying he will never be an NFL HC, but I don't see him getting a HC job next year, and I don't see him leaving the Bengals. Not given what he has built and the future of this D/Team.

Yeah Zimmer's gone after this season.. Hopefully there will be a soft spot in his heart for this team who gave him a chance. Money usually comes between that, hopefully he won't forget about us.

Fanene's a DAWG!!!

Now what in the world makes you think Zimmer will be gone after this season?

Where is he going to go be a HC? College? Notre Dame?

a HC in the NFL? where? Buffalo? DC? Chicago?

Ahead of Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren, Schottenheimer, Billick?

Now, I am not saying he will never be an NFL HC, but I don't see him getting a HC job next year, and I don't see him leaving the Bengals. Not given what he has built and the future of this D/Team.

I hope you're right... But money talks brother. Admit it or not, Mike Zimmer is definitely a top prospect for a HC in the NFL.

RE: Extending Zimmer, I read on the dotcom the other day about discussions already considered by Mikey about extending Marvin so hopefully they're also looking at the Zim's situation too.

Hopefully Marvin looks SoP in the face and says,

"Don't even think of extending me unless Zimmer's part of the deal. So pry that wallet up, old man, because this is gonna cost you."