Do You Have Bengals Superstitions ??

ArmyBengal

With all the talk of superstitions, I thought I'd ask a simple question about what superstitions do you have in regards to watching the Bengals or anything related to Bengals game ?? We already have Billy unwilling to post anymore "boobage" in the celebration thread and MemBengal is currently the only one authorized to start game threads and that's board related. What do you do personally at your house ??

For me, I ALWAYS have a jersey on, but since the streak began, I've stuck with my Orange Rey Maualuga and the others have been left hanging.

I ALWAYS sit in the same chair and anyone who watches the game and the Bengals win, that becomes their "assigned" seat if they watch anymore games.

I haven't had the lights on in the room while watching the game since week 1. Just something I noticed after the win in week #2 and it stuck.

With all the drama in the 4th quarter to this point, I've spent them on my feet, so if we happen to take a good lead, I will still stand in the 4th quarter regardless.

NO, I don't honestly believe my superstitions affect the outcome of the game, but there are some things you simply don't f*ck with...

I think this may have been done a few seasons ago, but there are new members and things change, so anyone else have anything to add ??

I wore my Chad jersey all game long in week one and of course they lost.

In week two I wore my Palmer jersey, but took it off at halftime and draped it over a chair. They won.

In week three I draped my Chad jersey over the chair and they won.

In week four my Chad jersey was still draped over the chair from the week before. They won.

Last week my Chad jersey was in the laundry and I was wearing my Palmer jersey. They were losing. At halftime I took my jeresy off and draped it over the chair. They won.

This week I'm going to see what happens when I wear my Odell Thurman jersey. :lol:

Week 1, watched in our living room, loss.

Week 2, the kids want to watch Transformers dvd, tell the boy to check out Megan Fox, (yes, he's 5, I just flat out don't care), and I go upstairs to watch in the bedroom. I clear my wife's junk off the old rocking chair, and move it in front of the tv. We win.

Week 3, hell yes I'm watching in the bedroom, and I again toss my wife's stuff on the floor and move the rocking chair in front of the TV. We win.

Week 4, Same thing, the rocking chair has an aura. Wife's clothing goes on the floor, I sit in chair, we win.

Week 5, Now the rocking chair is sort of pulsating with positive energy. The night before I make sure my wife has various clothes draped over it just so I can throw that stuff on the floor the next day. Tragedy almost strikes when I'm sitting at the kitchen table after church, eating lunch and see in the paper that the game is a 1:00 pm game, it's like 1:20. I thought it was a late game, got confused with the game they moved in a couple weeks. Dash upstairs, throw clothes on floor, move rocker, turn on TV, go on emotional rollercoaster for 3 hours and we win again!

Also, jersey came off at halftime of Packers game, didn't like the way we were playing. Jersey didn't make it into the second quarter of Steelers game, and hasn't been worn on Sunday since.

I wore Bengals from head to toe in week 1 and they lost.

Since I have wore my boxers and either the hat or the jersey, never both.

Also, in the fourth when we are down I go from sitting with my legs crossed to sitting with my toes on the ground only.

Also, I stand up for every fourth down play.

I wore Bengals from head to toe in week 1 and they lost.

Since I have wore my boxers and either the hat or the jersey, never both.

Also, in the fourth when we are down I go from sitting with my legs crossed to sitting with my toes on the ground only.

Also, I stand up for every fourth down play.

That is commitment, boy-o.

I wore my Chad jersey all game long in week one and of course they lost.

In week two I wore my Palmer jersey, but took it off at halftime and draped it over a chair. They won.

In week three I draped my Chad jersey over the chair and they won.

In week four my Chad jersey was still draped over the chair from the week before. They won.

Last week my Chad jersey was in the laundry and I was wearing my Palmer jersey. They were losing. At halftime I took my jeresy off and draped it over the chair. They won.

This week I'm going to see what happens when I wear my Odell Thurman jersey. :lol:

My ritual is actually kinda similar:

Week One, I forgot to take my Fredo jersey out of the closet and burn it: we lost.

Week Two, I remembered to take my Fredo jersey out of the closet, burned it during half-time in a brown (not green) garbage can while chanting my 'Palmer rules' mantra three times, twice forward, once backward: we won.

Week Three, I celebrated my actions from Week Two: we won.

Week Four, I again celebrated my actions from Week Two: we won.

Week Five, I yet again celebrated my actions from Week Two: we won.

Any guesses what I'll be doing Sunday?

Stick with what works, right?

Seriously, I haven't written an article since the Bengals began winning, and by gum, I'm not going to jinx the team by writing again until the team loses.

I can't stand your articles anyway.... B)

j/k

:sadwalk:

Hey keep this up and I'll not only write more, but I'll hire that Exacta nut-job to come back and promote them. :lol:

My son was born the Wednesday after the Broncos loss, so every Sunday since, I've sat on the couch and held him during the last 2:00 of the game as they've pulled out the win. Hopefully he won't be needed as the "good luck charm" this week because I'll be at the game...

I can think of no better 'superstition' that this one. Nicely done.

But, um, can't take the little four-leaf clover to the game with you? j/k

My son was born the Wednesday after the Broncos loss, so every Sunday since, I've sat on the couch and held him during the last 2:00 of the game as they've pulled out the win. Hopefully he won't be needed as the "good luck charm" this week because I'll be at the game...

I can think of no better 'superstition' that this one. Nicely done.

But, um, can't take the little four-leaf clover to the game with you? j/k

Ok, but if we lose this Sunday, we now know who's fault it was and there's no guaranteeing your safety, as your actions would be viewed as premeditated, having full knowledge of the possible outcome... Seriously though, I agree, nice one !!!

My "superstitions" aren't really based in the Bengals per se. They're based on what's going good in my life, be it my relationship with my woman, my physical health, my employment security, and then possibly the Bengals. I generally try to continue behavior that benefits my happiness in life. Although I may take the NFL angle to an extreme, (like setting aside clothes worn in a previous win to be worn again next Sunday, sitting in the same chair in my home to watch the game, asking membengal to continue starting game threads, even eating the same breakfast on gameday,) it only adds a factor of enjoyment to a day off from work where I can let go the stress of all other of life's problems.

My head tells me it really doesn't matter, but my heart always puts up a good argument. :rolleyes:

It only adds a factor of enjoyment to a day off from work where I can let go the stress of all other of life's problems.

With this team as of late Billy, it would seem we are trading one stress in life for another. These last minute drives are killing me.

They sure are fun when they work to your advantage though !!! I've already had to replace 3 lightbulbs in the fixtures hanging from the ceiling from jumping up and down after going ahead late in a game. I just stopped putting them in since I no longer have lights on during the game.

I pick up the GF and 9:30 and head up 75 North towards Cinci. Stop in Florence to eat lunch at Skyline, and always get the same thing. Then we ALWAYS park under The Center of of Vine St, walk past the square while NFL pregame is on, and go through the same gate at the stadium to our seats.

I then get 3 beers, nacho's and make it to my seat before they play "In the Air Tonight" during warm-ups.

It only adds a factor of enjoyment to a day off from work where I can let go the stress of all other of life's problems.

With this team as of late Billy, it would seem we are trading one stress in life for another. These last minute drives are killing me.

They sure are fun when they work to your advantage though !!! I've already had to replace 3 lightbulbs in the fixtures hanging from the ceiling from jumping up and down after going ahead late in a game. I just stopped putting them in since I no longer have lights on during the game.

God it's exciting to watch though.. My daughter thinks I'm crazy.

Yeah Cincy, I might check the site in the morning and even make a post or two, but I'm never here for the game threads.

Only after the game is over and even then, I take my time getting back online...

The game threads are too much of a hastle to follow. I don't log on until the game is over.