Benson the 3rd leading rusher.

The new article on the dot com has brat talking about last year's cleveland game (aka ced's coming out party). Brat said it was something like 10 degrees with sideways, swirling wind in cleveland. Ced comes out in short sleeves and pounds it for 175. Said he wanted to make a statement, not be concerned about the weather etc and just get it done.

I love the toughness on this team. I've been getting significant amounts of trash from browns' fans this week and I just can't wait to not call them when cedric rushes for 200 yards.

I love the toughness on this team. I've been getting significant amounts of trash from browns' fans this week and I just can't wait to not call them when cedric rushes for 200 yards.

I am genuinely surprised any Browns fan has talked any trash this season. They've looked worse than horrible three straight weeks.

I am genuinely surprised any Browns fan has talked any trash this season. They've looked worse than horrible three straight weeks.

i made a bet with my friend in preseason, he said ced was a bum and wouldnt get over 1000 yds. i saw him the other day and he pretty much acknowledged that he will owe me 20 bucks soon enuff, muhaahhahahahaha!!!

He is also leading in carries, which shows the committment to the run but also puts Cedric on the road to premature wear and tear. I would very much like to see them incorporate Scott and Leonard a lot more. Will keep Benson fresh or December and force deenses to account fo more than one type of runner.

Having a crew of running backs has worked for the Giants, Dallas, NE, Denver, Pit, for many years.

has been really good 2nd/3rd effort from benson/ leonard etc this year.

could you see dillon/ rudi making that extra yard for a 1st down last week??

great change in attitude from our "TEAM"!!

Actually, 4-5 years ago I do think Rudi was making significant yards after contact and running a lot like Benson is now. I totally understand your point, however, and agree that the running game is working.

Actually, 4-5 years ago I do think Rudi was making significant yards after contact and running a lot like Benson is now. I totally understand your point, however, and agree that the running game is working.

Ya but Rudi lacked speed though,I don't think Rudi would have scored a Touchdown on Cedric's run vs the steelers...

I also think Cedric has better vision then Rudi who I hated watching him run in to the backs of his own linemen...

Ya but Rudi lacked speed though,I don't think Rudi would have scored a Touchdown on Cedric's run vs the steelers...

I agree, though that's not a knock on Rudi in his prime. That burst Cedric unleashed after he turned the corner was a little startling. So startling in fact that one acquaintence, a known Steeler fan, commented to me that the NFL may decide to drug test Cedric.

Pretty rich coming from a Steeler backer.

He is also leading in carries, which shows the committment to the run but also puts Cedric on the road to premature wear and tear. I would very much like to see them incorporate Scott and Leonard a lot more. Will keep Benson fresh or December and force deenses to account fo more than one type of runner.

Having a crew of running backs has worked for the Giants, Dallas, NE, Denver, Pit, for many years.

He's on a two year contract. He's been on the shelf for about three years.

Not overly worried abot his workload...

Benson, although not a #4 overall, got such an unfair gig in Chi town. An utter dog of an O-line to run behind. Just look at their O-line even today. Very average at pass protection and their running game is getting a whopping 2.8 yds average right now. Just a little less than Ced got whilst he was running behind them I believe. Yeah, Bears fans, it was all his fault you couldn't run the ball for s**t. Enjoy watching your new young high draft pick backs setting the league alight.

He's on a two year contract. He's been on the shelf for about three years.

Not overly worried abot his workload...

700 Carries only played 3 years in College he should have plenty of Gas Left,I really wouldn't mind them rewarding him with better contract then then the 2 year temp deal he got...

I dunno about a new contract, certainly not right now anyway. He'll be 28 when it runs out, light workload until this point or not. Dodgy age, maybe he's good for another couple of yrs maybe he isn't. The coaches will know by then I guess and hopefully figure going with a cheaper, younger option will make more sense. No need to chuck a load of FA type cash at a RB who is reaching the age of diminishing returns and who isn't, let's face it, Jim Brown incarnate.

Maybe they do give him an extension after this yr though. Keep him around for a couple more yrs. Depends I guess, do we have an option to extend? If not he'll wait for FA and leave.

I dunno about a new contract, certainly not right now anyway. He'll be 28 when it runs out, light workload until this point or not. Dodgy age, maybe he's good for another couple of yrs maybe he isn't. The coaches will know by then I guess and hopefully figure going with a cheaper, younger option will make more sense. No need to chuck a load of FA type cash at a RB who is reaching the age of diminishing returns and who isn't, let's face it, Jim Brown incarnate.

Maybe they do give him an extension after this yr though. Keep him around for a couple more yrs. Depends I guess, do we have an option to extend? If not he'll wait for FA and leave.

Let's face it. Benson signed a short term deal with the Bengals for one reason. He wanted to show off his skills and seek a big pay day. He doesn't want to sign an extension at a reasonable price any more than the Bengals want to give him a big fat payday.

He even shopped his services around after his small body of work last year. He came back to Cincy for the same reason he signed with them in the first place. They were a team willing to give him a shot, and seeking a similar purpose. Benson wanted a short term deal so he could prove he's still got it, and then get a long term deal from someone willing to overpay. Cincy wanted a short term deal with a RB that had something to prove at a bargain price.

It's a perfect marriage right now. Trying to change it right now accomplishes neither Benson's nor the team's goal with the contract. I like watching Benson in stripes... but for my part, I'm hoping I'll be cheering for someone else in '11.

Let's face it. Benson signed a short term deal with the Bengals for one reason. He wanted to show off his skills and seek a big pay day. He doesn't want to sign an extension at a reasonable price any more than the Bengals want to give him a big fat payday.

He even shopped his services around after his small body of work last year. He came back to Cincy for the same reason he signed with them in the first place. They were a team willing to give him a shot, and seeking a similar purpose. Benson wanted a short term deal so he could prove he's still got it, and then get a long term deal from someone willing to overpay. Cincy wanted a short term deal with a RB that had something to prove at a bargain price.

It's a perfect marriage right now. Trying to change it right now accomplishes neither Benson's nor the team's goal with the contract. I like watching Benson in stripes... but for my part, I'm hoping I'll be cheering for someone else in '11.

I'm tempted to say great minds here derek, but if I did that one of the plethora of sarcastic, bitter divorcees on the forum would quip fools seldom differ. So instead I shall say, perfectly put.

I'm not saying we put benson in to prevent him from getting hurt -- I just think with the stable of backs we have we should NEVER have a tired RB in the backfield. I just imagine when Ced hits 215 in the 3rd quarter he may want to take a breather and let Bernard go to work.

As far as his contract goes, I felt like there was a locker room interview of his where he said that, even if offered a little more money, he would come back and play to cincy after last season. Talked about how he felt a loyalty to the organization because they gave him a chance. If we have a few good seasons in 09 and 10, potential SB contenders or going deep into the playoffs, i wonder if a 30 year old RB would want to go play for the Rams or something to make some more money. Maybe . . . i don't know. I hope Carson can sprinkle his "you know you love being a bengal" dust on him and get him to stay.

That's neither here nor there, though. Can't wait to see him bust a few long ones against them browns.

The more predictions I see for Benson putting up a 200 yard game, the more worried I become that he'll have his first bad game -- for whatever reason. I've no factual support for that concern, thankfully.

My thoughts are that cleveland has given up an average of (i believe) 183 rushing yards a game. The bengals are #1 in attempts and #3 in yardage. So I think it's more probable that the Bengals have a 100+ day than it is that they don't. Ced getting 200 . . . well, now, that's just me thinking the bengals are going to the . . . nevermind.