Bengals GM leaps to action!

TJJackson

So this basically proves what we always knew: Brown is a petty bastard who'd rather fight his detractors than take their criticism at face value and change himself. Is this really surprising anyone?

Who says Brown was involved? Daugherty admits the call was made by a Bengals "security guy" and then offers more empty speculation about how Brown MIGHT have been involved.

But let's say the call WAS made by our beloved crusty old leader. So ask yourself this question. Who could blame him for responding in kind to a hostile press and fanbase that openly admits to willingly and deliberatly using false claims to belittle Brown personally.

Whose being petty here? Isn't it the clowns who rented a plane to perform a series of juvenile stunts that serve no real purpose other than to embarrass and mock a form of entertainment? Or how about an increasingly discredited sportswriter who has built the bulk of his pathetic career by telling locals how a business he doesn't own should be run? And how about dinks like MamaBear, who constantly lie about Brown and then laugh about it?

Furthermore, if I had been in the crowd at training camp when 5:00 Charlie flew overhead I might have called the FAA and reported the stunt....simply because of the way I feel about the WhoDeyRevolution. f**k 'em. And f**k 5:00 Charlie too.

I'm not saying Brown shouldn't be pissed, but he could avoid a lot of this criticism he seems to hate by running a better organization. If he doesn't want people starting "revolutions", put a winning product on the field.

Was it not you who earlier asked Hoosier if he had given GHD his password?

:lol:

Yes, but I'm not accusing Brown of putting some lousy team on the field just so he can make a few extra bucks. All I'm saying is that if he doesn't like the criticism that he should go a different route to combat it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps hiring a second plane to engage in an old fashioned WWI-esque dog fight with banner-boy? They could have that during the two hour wait before the intersquad game so I and my son don't have to count outdated jerseys out of sheer boredom.

You think Brown would pay for that? Ha ha.

Perhaps hiring a second plane to engage in an old fashioned WWI-esque dog fight with banner-boy? They could have that during the two hour wait before the intersquad game so I and my son don't have to count outdated jerseys out of sheer boredom.

After seeing Mascot suit on Thursday no I don't think he would :|,Looks like Mike Brown found that in a clearance bin.

After seeing Mascot suit on Thursday no I don't think he would :|,Looks like Mike Brown found that in a clearance bin.

It wasn't an old Chester Cheeto suit from a Cheeto commercial was it?

So this basically proves what we always knew: Brown is a petty bastard who'd rather fight his detractors than take their criticism at face value and change himself. Is this really surprising anyone?

Who says Brown was involved? Daugherty admits the call was made by a Bengals "security guy" and then offers more empty speculation about how Brown MIGHT have been involved.

But let's say the call WAS made by our beloved crusty old leader. So ask yourself this question. Who could blame him for responding in kind to a hostile press and fanbase that openly admits to willingly and deliberatly using false claims to belittle Brown personally.

Whose being petty here? Isn't it the clowns who rented a plane to perform a series of juvenile stunts that serve no real purpose other than to embarrass and mock a form of entertainment? Or how about an increasingly discredited sportswriter who has built the bulk of his pathetic career by telling locals how a business he doesn't own should be run? And how about dinks like MamaBear, who constantly lie about Brown and then laugh about it?

Furthermore, if I had been in the crowd at training camp when 5:00 Charlie flew overhead I might have called the FAA and reported the stunt....simply because of the way I feel about the WhoDeyRevolution. f**k 'em. And f**k 5:00 Charlie too.

Hair, you state Daugherty is a pathetic writer. He may well be, but Mike Browns record as owner/GM of the Cincinnati Bengals is at least equally, if not more pathetic. One single playoff game is all he can really bring to the table to show for his entire career as this organizations leader since he was handed the reins many, many years ago, so if you're going to hammer the failure of Daugherty as writer, you really can't give Mike a free pass as owner. The NFL is all about ownership. You have good ownership, you compete, you have bad ownership, you don't compete.

Billy, at THIS point, this isn't about Mike Brown. It's about whether Paul Daugherty is a liar or not.

And, when talking about Daugherty execrable writing, WHY does reference to Mike Brown also have to be made. I would point out that each stand on their own, and reference to one does not require reference to the other.

The only thing I found interesting is the absurd idea that someone is still paying Paul Daugherty to write.

Crock of the day, indeed.

How he has survived the cuts at the Enquirer thus far are beyond me. I keep watching for his name to show up on the Enquirer chopping block

thread title is based on a lie

You dont know for certain that it is a lie any more than I know for certain it is the truth

Details are coming

***If*** it turns out this was a fabrication, while it doesnt change my opinion of Mike Brown (this was just one incident of many, IMHO) -- I will ask that this thread be deleted, or locked after I write a retraction of my original statement, for indeed it will be based on a false premise

Until then, let's hold on

If there's details to come, why were they not included in the first posting from Daugherty?

Daugherty printed a lie, and is scrambling to find something, anything, to cover his ass.

Again, there is PLENTY to criticize Mike Brown for, but perhaps folks should go ahead and criticize him for s**t he's done, rather than s**t that Paul Daugherty uses as potential libel...

Understand, TJ, nothing wrong with you starting this thread. One would have assumed that Daugherty, who should be somewhat passingly familiar with journalistic standards, wouldn't print made-up s**t, but, hey, it's Daugherty, so buyer beware...

He's a f**king journalist, TJ.

He f**king printed an unsubstantiated rumor, at best.

That's just completely unacceptable from Daugherty, on every level. As egregious in his profession as what Mike Brown does in his.

The thread title is based on a lie that Paul Daugherty printed.

So I don't know what the thread title has to do with anything at that point.

Mem...you claim it's a lie. Maybe it is, maybe it ain't. I couldn't really give a s**t either way. My point stands as I posted. Mike Brown, the representing Bengals GM, has an undeniably dismal record. If you'd like to cowboy up and defend it, be my guest, but let me run to the kitchen and pour myself a strong drink, because whatever you have to say in his defense is going to be pretty weak.

That's just completely unacceptable from Daugherty, on every level. As egregious in his profession as what Mike Brown does in his.

He is a columnist, not a reporter.

I think you might have the two confused.

Kind of like how Mike Brown has GM and CFO confused.

What difference does it make? Even a columnist should not publicize information that he can't backup. If he can't back it up then he has no business putting it out in print for all the public to read

What difference does it make? Even a columnist should not publicize information that he can't backup. If he can't back it up then he has no business putting it out in print for all the public to read

A columnist is a journalist who writes for publication in a series, creating copy that can sometimes be strongly opinionated.

A reporter is a type of journalist who researches and presents information in certain types of mass media.

A columnist is a journalist who writes for publication in a series, creating copy that can sometimes be strongly opinionated.

A reporter is a type of journalist who researches and presents information in certain types of mass media.

Where does it say that it's OK to publish facts that aren't true?

Well there is truth, and then there is opinion.

There is fact, and then there is fiction.

Reporters have a job that should require them to report the facts, without personal slant or bias. Most reporters fail at this miserably, by the way.

PD on the other hand, is a columnist. His job is pretty much just to write about how he feels. Much like a blogger. Or for you old-schoolers here, think of the sports column as the opinion section of the sports page.

I believe that you were confusing the two, reporter and columnist.

That being said, if you were to read each reporter's article about the Bengals over the past 20 years it would be at least as grim as PD's take on the Bengals, because the reporters have to report the Bengal Facts, which as we all know, are far more grim than not.

Example:

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652506

"Man that article is so negative!!!" :rolleyes:

Is the article negative, or is the article simply reporting negative subject matter (the Bengals)?

Reporters have a job that should require them to report the facts, without personal slant or bias. Most reporters fail at this miserably, by the way.

PD on the other hand, is a columnist. His job is pretty much just to write about how he feels. Much like a blogger. Or for you old-schoolers here, think of the sports column as the opinion section of the sports page.

Let's say when the dust settles the facts show that the Bengals had nothing to do with this pilot's problems. Do you think this article is OK since it's written by a columnist and not a reporter?

That being said, if you were to read each reporter's article about the Bengals over the past 20 years it would be at least as grim as PD's take on the Bengals, because the reporters have to report the Bengal Facts, which as we all know, are far more grim than not.

Example:

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652506

"Man that article is so negative!!!" :rolleyes:

Is the article negative, or is the article simply reporting negative subject matter (the Bengals)?

Not quite sure what you're trying to prove with that link. It's just an article about Rivers getting a broken jaw last year. The only opinions in that article are quotes from Bengal and Steeler players.

If you were trying to prove some kind of point with that link you failed miserably.

Not quite sure what you're trying to prove with that link. It's just an article about Rivers getting a broken jaw last year. The only opinions in that article are quotes from Bengal and Steeler players.

If you were trying to prove some kind of point with that link you failed miserably.

Sorry to distract you with all the flashy lights and purdy pictures. :rolleyes: