Bengals To Announce “Major Development” For 2009 Preseason

MARVIN=W'S

Bengals To Announce “Major Development” For 2009 Preseason

Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2009, 4:00 p.m. EDT

The Cincinnati Bengals have issued a curious press release.

They claim that “[a]n announcement regarding a major development” for the 2009 preseason is coming tomorrow.

The announcement will be made Thursday at noon, and coach Marvin Lewis will be among the speakers.

We’ve got a feeling that the “major development” isn’t something all that major. Unless someone has won a “major award"

________________________________________________________________________________

This is from Profootball.com.

Is this the "Hard Knocks" announcement?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree it probably involves them signing the deal to host HBO's Hardknocks television show.

Ditto. What else could be a major announcement involving preseason??!

That their stars will actually play?

Maybe the whole Smith/agent thing is a ploy and they've actually got the bonehead signed to a long term deal NOW??!!

Anybody have a problem with this Hard Knocks thing, its seems ok but i just hope they worry more about getting things done right and practicing hard, and not worried about impressing the camaras lol.

Nah, not really. Though I think we can forget about that whole "flying under the radar" thing.

Chad will be fired up, though. If there's one thing guaranteed to get him into camp and busting his hump, it's big-time TV coverage.

Maybe the whole Smith/agent thing is a ploy and they've actually got the bonehead signed to a long term deal NOW??!!

That occurred to me too, but the way they said 'major announcement for *preseason*" made me think otherwise. That would be a huge announcement for the actual season.

For what it's worth, though, if it turns out that they have Smith signed, that would officially make this the best offseason ever. It would also confirm that Mike Brown is, in fact, deceased.

I have a feeling it's something involving the HBO stuff as well. But with our organization, who the hell knows. I'll be listening fo sho.

Anybody have a problem with this Hard Knocks thing, its seems ok but i just hope they worry more about getting things done right and practicing hard, and not worried about impressing the camaras lol.

Nah, not really. Though I think we can forget about that whole "flying under the radar" thing.

Chad will be fired up, though. If there's one thing guaranteed to get him into camp and busting his hump, it's big-time TV coverage.

True enough. Perhaps a real reason they refused to trade him, and are making "win-now" type moves is that they believe that if anything will bring the old Chad back, it's media coverage.

That said, the only thing sader than Chad's tanking last season would be if he returns to form for no better reason than the fact that he's an attention whore.

Perhaps if he is able to use this as motivation to play well... and miraculously comes off in the show as less of a douche, the Bengals will once again receive legitimate compensation in a trade. Of course, if he does play well, I assume Brown will just as quickly turn down such trade offers.

That occurred to me too, but the way they said 'major announcement for *preseason*" made me think otherwise. That would be a huge announcement for the actual season.

For what it's worth, though, if it turns out that they have Smith signed, that would officially make this the best offseason ever. It would also confirm that Mike Brown is, in fact, deceased.

Oh, no. This would be big for preseason, as it would guarantee a full training camp participation for Andre, something the Bengals hardly ever get out of their first round picks.

Probably nothing more than announcing they have Bernard Scott locked up for five years (contractually, I mean.)

It must be Hard Knocks. But I still cannot believe that this is something Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis would want to do. Interesting.

Why not? It's free publicity that will build excitement for the upcoming season at a time when the Bengals -- like many other NFL teams -- are looking at revenue falloffs thanks to the crappy economy.

The real question to me is, why the Bengals? Sure, they should be better but even drunk homers like me aren't predicting playoffs. Is anyone outside of Cincy actually going to watch?

I look forward to seeing it....if I can find it available on something besides HBO >_<

True Facts.

C'mon Kaz, we're all hoping it a fact, but until the season begins, we're all guessing on everything about this team.

I look forward to seeing it....if I can find it available on something besides HBO >_<

True Facts.

C'mon Kaz, we're all hoping it a fact, but until the season begins, we're all guessing on everything about this team.

Well true fact was more about chad loving him some him and him loving some T.V time...Hell he could show up just to a bitch maybe interview with him crying about how he wasn't traded...